Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
RahXephon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

S-CRY-ed: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$51.74
8 hrs ago
Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37

Knights of Sidonia: Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!: The Complete Second Season & OVA (Blu-ray)
$44.60
7 hrs ago
Chihayafuru: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Grisaia: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 05-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtempo View Post
Has there been any info on the movies? I didn't see it listed only the episodes.

Japan already has the 2 movies on BD so when should we expect them?
Discotek Media announced they are releasing them later this year.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #22
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
Awesome
Old 05-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #23

Dec 2009
New Zealand

Have they mentioned if it'll be locked to only Region A or if it'll be compatible with Region B also?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonClawNZ View Post
Have they mentioned if it'll be locked to only Region A or if it'll be compatible with Region B also?
NISA titles are always region A locked.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #25
Blu-ray.com Reviewer

Feb 2009
Texas

Quote:
Actually, they announced only the first movie. They said something to the effect of 'we may release more' if it sells well enough. As they can no longer license the series, it may mean they release both movies on Blu-ray at some point, but right now it's just the first movie and it will be out by the end of the year.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
Actually, they announced only the first movie. They said something to the effect of 'we may release more' if it sells well enough. As they can no longer license the series, it may mean they release both movies on Blu-ray at some point, but right now it's just the first movie and it will be out by the end of the year.
Thought it was both. It's been awhile since I read the announcement.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #27
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
What's stupid is it gives a firm date for the DVD as Sept. and says "later this year" for the Blu-ray. I Googled it and found the info on their Facebook page.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #28

Dec 2009
New Zealand

Damn, that sucks. Guess I'll have to find a region free BD player which I hope isn't too difficult to find.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:53 AM   #29
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I think that's "import protection" to annoy the Japanese if they try to import the US version
Even though its ultimately pointless considering the Japanese audio is still intact. Sure it may annoy the Japanese fans having to have English subtitles they can do nothing about, but if a Japanese fan wants it badly enough they will import it anyways. But since Japanese fans can't order it, it makes it even more pointless unless they are worried about like when 3rd party copies start selling used copies being sold on ebay, Amazon, etc.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:07 AM   #30
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Even though its ultimately pointless considering the Japanese audio is still intact. Sure it may annoy the Japanese fans having to have English subtitles they can do nothing about, but if a Japanese fan wants it badly enough they will import it anyways. But since Japanese fans can't order it, it makes it even more pointless unless they are worried about like when 3rd party copies start selling used copies being sold on ebay, Amazon, etc.
The pointlessness of it is what makes it funny Like when studios bother to put copy protection on their discs, it does nothing to stop someone from ripping the movie to their computer
Old 05-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #31
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
The pointlessness of it is what makes it funny Like when studios bother to put copy protection on their discs, it does nothing to stop someone from ripping the movie to their computer
I despise things like that but yes that happens too. They even have the software to do it sold in many stores that sell electronics.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Quote:
Will this have the Pioneer Dub? Also Does Discotek have the license for other Project Ako's or is it just the first one?

I wish there was a complete box with the movies but I'll take whatever I can get.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #33
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Will this have the Pioneer Dub? Also Does Discotek have the license for other Project Ako's or is it just the first one?

I wish there was a complete box with the movies but I'll take whatever I can get.
Well there's only 2 movies. But anyways I don't think Discotek Media announced which English dub they are using for the movies, but like I pointed out(maybe in a different thread), that an uncut version for both movies exist in America already with the Pioneer voice cast. (Though the 2nd movie has a different voice cast, but still a Pioneer dub).
Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

I know there is 2 movies for CCS. I wish there was a boxset of all 70 Episodes and the 2 movies.

I hated that Manga got the EVA movie rights but then ADV probably wouldn't have made the US equivenlant of the Renewel boxset I have (2007 Edition) but it would have been nice.

I wish Nadia had the movie with it like ADV's release did and I know Boogiepop and Others is also with the BP show but also separate. I like to save space when I can.

luckily this is one boxset as oppose to 3 which Japan got so that's a good thing.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #35
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
I know there is 2 movies for CCS. I wish there was a boxset of all 70 Episodes and the 2 movies.

I hated that Manga got the EVA movie rights but then ADV probably wouldn't have made the US equivenlant of the Renewel boxset I have (2007 Edition) but it would have been nice.

I wish Nadia had the movie with it like ADV's release did and I know Boogiepop and Others is also with the BP show but also separate. I like to save space when I can.

luckily this is one boxset as oppose to 3 which Japan got so that's a good thing.
Did ADV do a good job? I know they screwed up the Rurouni Kenshin movie and OVAs on DVD. Changing the name to "Samurai X", having them letterboxed instead of anamorphic widescreen, and having crappy English dubs. it's my only experience with ADV, everything else I have is either FUNimation, Sentai, Media Blasters, Aniplex, GKIDS, or Disney distributions.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #36
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Did ADV do a good job? I know they screwed up the Rurouni Kenshin movie and OVAs on DVD. Changing the name to "Samurai X", having them letterboxed instead of anamorphic widescreen, and having crappy English dubs. it's my only experience with ADV, everything else I have is either FUNimation, Sentai, Media Blasters, Aniplex, GKIDS, or Disney distributions.
Sentai is technically ADV. Eva's ADV/Manga Entertainment English dub sounds similar to the Rebuild movies that Funimation has been putting out but with some actors/actresses replaced in those movies since not everyone was able to go back into their role.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Sentai is technically ADV. Eva's ADV/Manga Entertainment English dub sounds similar to the Rebuild movies that Funimation has been putting out but with some actors/actresses replaced in those movies since not everyone was able to go back into their role.
I know ADV used to distribute for Sentai Filmworks, but I meant after ADV went out of business. What's interesting, is I thought Section23 took over distribution, but I don't see their logo anywhere on my Sentai Blu-rays.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #38
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
I know ADV used to distribute for Sentai Filmworks, but I meant after ADV went out of business. What's interesting, is I thought Section23 took over distribution, but I don't see their logo anywhere on my Sentai Blu-rays.
It's kind of more like ADV was reborn as a few companies for Section 23 Films. So Section 23 handles Sentai, Maiden Japan, ADV(existing stock of leftover ADV DVDs along with titles ADV release even today like the Elfen Lied Blu-ray, Kino's Journey and the 1st couple of seasons of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie), AEsir Holdings, Kraken Releasing and Switchblade Pictures.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #39
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
It's kind of more like ADV was reborn as a few companies for Section 23 Films. So Section 23 handles Sentai, Maiden Japan, ADV(existing stock of leftover ADV DVDs along with titles ADV release even today like the Elfen Lied Blu-ray, Kino's Journey and the 1st couple of seasons of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie), AEsir Holdings, Kraken Releasing and Switchblade Pictures.
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that. They have a couple of Godzilla movies, right? I still haven't gotten around to buying any Godzillas other than the original from Criterion.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #40
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that. They have a couple of Godzilla movies, right? I still haven't gotten around to buying any Godzillas other than the original from Criterion.
Yep Section 23 distributes for Kraken Releasing which has Sea Monster, Hedorah, and Gigan and is strongly believed to have Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime