Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Glass (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Jurassic Park (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Kingsman: The Secret Service (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Do the Right Thing (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
The Hateful Eight (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Kingsman 2 Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.98
1 day ago
Die Hard with a Vengeance (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99
 
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (iTunes)
$7.99
 
Frozen II (iTunes)
$9.99
 
Top Gun (iTunes)
$7.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 07:33 AM   #1
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Contributor
 
Me-Hostage's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2117
4
217
Default Vudu Mobile D2D thread

Updated UPCs will now be posted on the spreadsheet linked below.

All additions/removals to M2D will be posted in the comments.

--------------------------------------------------

Do not share scans of UPCs. Posts regarding scans will be reported.

All information provided within this thread and on the spreadsheet
is public knowledge and is for informational purposes only.



Last edited by Me-Hostage; 12-08-2019 at 04:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
adgy (01-09-2020), arob (01-28-2020), jasblak (03-21-2020), mars2878 (12-24-2020), pacman85 (09-19-2020), reputation (06-01-2020), Undeadcow (03-06-2021)
Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
cinemaphile cinemaphile is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Illinois
314
Default

Vudu has a placeholder page headed "Announcing Mobile D2D". Anybody know what this is? I am familiar with disc-to-digital both in-store and in-home, but what could "mobile" d2d be? You can't load a disc to convert on a mobile device!

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#featured/18913

(ignore the titles currently showing there - placeholder pages often just list everything)

Last edited by neoz; 04-04-2017 at 03:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
exharrison exharrison is online now
Special Member
 
exharrison's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
Raleigh, NC
10
1864
434
149
20
84
Default

Color me intrigued. Hope it turns out to be promising.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mastermc54 (05-28-2020)
Old 03-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #4
xbs2034 xbs2034 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Feb 2012
Default

My best guess is its a bar code scan using your phone's camera.

I would like this, since the computer disc to digital doesn't read a lot of titles, and I only have one Wal-Mart in my area (already a bit out of the way) which doesn't even have the in-store disc to digital.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #5
cinemaphile cinemaphile is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Illinois
314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post
My best guess is its a bar code scan using your phone's camera.

I would like this, since the computer disc to digital doesn't read a lot of titles, and I only have one Wal-Mart in my area (already a bit out of the way) which doesn't even have the in-store disc to digital.
But then people would just walk thru a store and "convert" everything they dont own - basically buying any movie for a buck or two. I cant imagine thats it
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
jbloggs jbloggs is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jbloggs's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
10
980
Default

What we wish for is...Scan UPC using the new D2D mobile app and pay $1 for HDX...what we'll get is, using our new D2D Mobile App, take pic of you buying the blu-ray/DVD, take pic with family clearly showing Blu-ray & Disc, After 30 days, Get statement from store where purchased that item was not returned then get HDX for $6.99 or SD for $3.49, buy 10 and get 20% discount.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (03-25-2017), Hallur (07-31-2019), rakos (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #7
bubba111 bubba111 is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2012
-
-
-
-
-
-
373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
What we wish for is...Scan UPC using the new D2D mobile app and pay $1 for HDX...what we'll get is, using our new D2D Mobile App, take pic of you buying the blu-ray/DVD, take pic with family clearly showing Blu-ray & Disc, After 30 days, Get statement from store where purchased that item was not returned then get HDX for $6.99 or SD for $3.49, buy 10 and get 20% discount.
LOL I hope you're wrong, but between the two extremes, my guess is that you are closer. My guess is that none of the nonworking disc issues will be fixed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #8
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
9
1409
172
17
25
Default

D2D only works on titles 2013 and earlier, and not every one is assured. So I still think that if D2D will make it easier with this mobile system to add in catalog titles by UPC/bar code, it could work. But anything that comes out now that does not have digital packed in may need to be bought digitally the normal way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #9
Zu Nim Zu Nim is offline
Special Member
 
Zu Nim's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
-
-
-
185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
But then people would just walk thru a store and "convert" everything they dont own - basically buying any movie for a buck or two. I cant imagine thats it
It uses the phone's GPS to make sure that you're scanning UPCs at your billing address. And it will error out if you try to change your billing address mid-order.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LaParrothead (07-16-2018), TheLaughingMann (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #10
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1625
7
83
Default

They kind of have it already on the IW app.

You scan a code in store and then confirm and you buy it. It is probably taking that aspect fine tuning it to allow scanning of UPC's or something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #11
bfett9 bfett9 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bfett9's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
97
Default

What's odd is it has got Disney titles and Disney has never allowed d2d for any service let alone IW so I am a bit skeptical about the listing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #12
Zu Nim Zu Nim is offline
Special Member
 
Zu Nim's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
-
-
-
185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
What's odd is it has got Disney titles and Disney has never allowed d2d for any service let alone IW so I am a bit skeptical about the listing.
The listing is bogus. It's a placeholder. Mobile D2D covers about 90% of the full D2D set at this point (around 7800 titles). Disney definitely isn't D2D.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #13
bfett9 bfett9 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bfett9's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Nim View Post
It uses the phone's GPS to make sure that you're scanning UPCs at your billing address. And it will error out if you try to change your billing address mid-order.
Yes but then your just going to get a website filled with UPC codes or people finding them on amazon. Its not even that hard to generate your own UPC barcodes if you have the numbers which are easy to find online.

I am not sure how they will check it, but UPC scanning seems out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #14
Zu Nim Zu Nim is offline
Special Member
 
Zu Nim's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
-
-
-
185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
I am not sure how they will check it, but UPC scanning seems out.
And yet, that's what the app does.

I remember a survey about using UPCs for D2D a couple of years ago. The old Flixster D2D app used to revert to UPCs when it couldn't read your DVD. So using UPCs for D2D is not a new idea. They put some protections in place that I already mentioned. They can also disable MD2D for individual accounts - perhaps if they make a determination that the customer isn't being honest.

And yes, some will misrepresent what they own. The D2D catalog is mostly composed of older titles that don't earn much anyway. Better to sell 3 $5 copies than one at the comical $13.99 price point.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
flyry (03-23-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #15
ruinit ruinit is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2012
83
Default

I posted a question on Vudu forum about the app and the link and they deleted the post ... lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #16
Texan26 Texan26 is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2010
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinit View Post
I posted a question on Vudu forum about the app and the link and they deleted the post ... lol
And thats probably why the link doesnt mention mobile D2D anymore. It now says "test."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #17
Greyman Greyman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan26 View Post
And thats probably why the link doesnt mention mobile D2D anymore. It now says "test."
He ruinit for us.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bfett9 (03-17-2017), billygreen23 (03-18-2017), bubba111 (03-17-2017), Destinys Memory (03-18-2017), eagle20 (03-18-2017), Flo25 (04-05-2017), jbloggs (03-17-2017), Me-Hostage (03-18-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:22 PM   #18
jbloggs jbloggs is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jbloggs's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
10
980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Nim View Post
And yet, that's what the app does.

I remember a survey about using UPCs for D2D a couple of years ago. The old Flixster D2D app used to revert to UPCs when it couldn't read your DVD. So using UPCs for D2D is not a new idea. They put some protections in place that I already mentioned. They can also disable MD2D for individual accounts - perhaps if they make a determination that the customer isn't being honest.

And yes, some will misrepresent what they own. The D2D catalog is mostly composed of older titles that don't earn much anyway. Better to sell 3 $5 copies than one at the comical $13.99 price point.
Any idea as to when it will be come available? matter of days, weeks, Months or years?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:41 AM   #19
master gandhi master gandhi is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
master gandhi's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
United States
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
Any idea as to when it will be come available? matter of days, weeks, Months or years?
Decades? Centuries?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #20
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Contributor
 
Me-Hostage's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2117
4
217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Nim View Post
It uses the phone's GPS to make sure that you're scanning UPCs at your billing address. And it will error out if you try to change your billing address mid-order.
My phone's GPS always detects me as a block over from where I actually live, so I'm guessing this wouldn't work for me, since my billing address would be my real address and not the one GPS detects...
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 AM.