Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
RahXephon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

S-CRY-ed: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$51.74
8 hrs ago
Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37

Knights of Sidonia: Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!: The Complete Second Season & OVA (Blu-ray)
$44.60
8 hrs ago
Chihayafuru: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Grisaia: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 12-10-2017, 08:52 PM   #1

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty
Default Anime DVD/BD Database additions

I'm starting this thread in an attempt to help fill the gaps of the database for Anime releases on DVD and Blu Ray here on this site. I personally think Blu-Ray.com has one of the nicest ways to catalog your collection online but the database isn't as complete as it needs to be with plenty of gaps.

Anyone else who wants to join the effort feel free to post what you've added here so people can see it's now in the database (so long as it was approved) and then can add it to their own collections.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Rough Guide to Adding New Additions to the Database
[Show spoiler]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- First go to Movies and search the series you want to add a DVD/BD for. If it's there select it.

- Next go to the Releases tab and see if the title you want to add is already in the database or not. Perhaps it's listed differently to how you searched for it previously?

(I always look via the 'Display all releases all countries' as it lists the complete name each title has in the database, as pictured).
- If the title you want to add isn't already listed then you'll notice in the corner the 'Create Blu Ray DVD etc' section. Select the format for the release you want to add.

- This product submission page can look quite daunting as it has lots of options but in truth only a few need to be filled to add a release.

- First and most important you want to add the UPC code for the release, these can be found via google or in my case Anime News Network, which is honestly essential in making the process of adding Anime releases to the Blu-Ray.com database as easy as possible.

- Using the search bar on ANN find the series you want to add. Click on that entry and then scroll down until you see listings for all the releases for the show. Here you will likely find the title you are trying to add to blu-ray.com. Click on that title and you'll be taken to a page that lists all the relevant info you will need for filling out the product submission page.

> >
- Ideally you also want to add the Amazon ASIN number for a release (this is listed in the web address for the title on Amazon or in the Amazon description for that item). It looks something like this 'B0006H325C'. Fortunately that same ANN page you are on will have an Amazon link to the title you are working on if you scroll down.

- With those done next is the Title Information, release date and running time.

- Assuming you found the release you want to add on ANN then filling this in should be relatively straight forward. Just copy over the information and find the studio for the release on the dropdown menu.

Personally I prefer one of two naming conventions. For example Fullmetal Alchemist: Volume 1 or Fullmetal Alchemist Vol.1. The ' : ' changes the way the title appears under the releases tab. Meaning it'll be listed as just Volume 1, rather than needing to include the Fullmetal Alchemist part. But honestly it's not a big deal.

Another thing I try to do is if you are adding a missing Part or Volume then I personally follow the naming convention that was used by whomever added the other part(s)s/volume(s). At least within reason. If they did a bad job then clean theirs up and make it match yours. If they did some variation of what I used as an example then I recommend just following suit.This way at the very least it keeps things neat and orderly within the same title in the database. Hopefully I explained this well enough.

- Also when adding volumes if the volume had a name as well as a number i.e Fullmetal Alchemist: Volume 1 - The Curse. Then try to add that too if you can.

- If the DVD you are adding has extra's like an Artbox then mention those in brackets i.e Fullmetal Alchemist: Volume 1 - The Curse (Includes Metal Tin Box) (Limited Edition). Again you don't have to use that exact naming convention but try to keep extras like that in brackets. This means they will be added as subtexts to the entry under the Main Title as shown below

- Next you want to add how many discs the release has. In my example it would be just 1. If you don't know for sure how many discs are in the set then feel free to skip this part.

- Next we have the Video section. Here you'll want to add what you can.
- Leave the Video Codec on the default.
- Next add the Encoding format. 4:3 means fullscreen i.e a square and 16:9 means widescreen i.e a rectangle.
- Select 480i for the Video Resolution. This is the default standard for North American DVD releases. If you are adding a Blu Ray you'll want to select 1080p.
- Finally if you want you can add the aspect ratio. It's fine to just leave this blank but I tend to fill it in with just a choice of two default ratios. If the release was fullscreen then chances are it's 1:33:1. If the release was widescreen then it is most likely 1:78:1. This information isn't always 100% accurate though so like I said feel free to skip that bit.

- Almost done. Next we have the Audio section. This information isn't always easy to find especially if you don't have the title you are adding psychically to hand. But I wouldn't go so far as to leave this section blank. The reason being Anime is often released 1 of 2 ways. Either a Dual Audio release with an English Dub. Or it's an English Subtitled release with just the Japanese. There are a few exceptions but this tends to be the case for 99% of Anime releases.

- So I would at the very least add English 2.0 and Japanese 2.0 to this section if it's Dual Audio or just Japanese 2.0 if it's subtitled only. Because even if the audio track isn't 100% correctly listed i.e it could be English 5.1 not 2.0, if you are not sure you have still at least added the relevant information that this is a Dual Audio release, which in my opinion is more valuable than say how many channels each audio track has. You are also leaving the door wide open for someone to come along and fix this with the correct exact audio tracks later should they know it's 5.1 and not 2.0 for example.

- If you want to list this information exactly right but don't have the DVD to hand my method is to look for the back cover (which often lists the Audio info) on google, amazon or eBay. I tend to favour eBay as it's the most reliable. Someone selling a DVD will often take a picture of the back cover. By doing this you can normally find the information you need. This probably isn't the most efficient way but in until I'm told of a different way this is what I use.

- Oh also you don't type the information in, thankfully there is a handy menu via that speech bubble. Click that and it will open up a sub menu, from here you just want to select the Language, Dolby Digital (at least for DVDs this is pretty much the standard) and then the amount of channels it has. Again most likely it's 2.0 (Stereo) so if you don't know for sure I'd select that. Also don't worry about the quality section.

- Finally we have subtitles and this is the easiest of the lot to fill in as 99.9% of North American Anime Releases have just a single option which is obviously English. So for Subtitles select Yes and then select the first English option.

- And with that you are done! Just give the page a browse over and see if you missed anything or messed anything up. If not then scroll down to the bottom and hit Submit.

- It'll take anywhere between 12-48 hours for your submission to be moderated and added to the database. To find out if it has, and to save yourself searching for the title over and over again, you need to click on the star next to your name on your community profile page (same place you track your collection). Then click on successful submissions to find the titles you added.

- Hopefully this is a help to anyone looking to contribute to the sites database and help fill in all those old Anime releases we have lying around lol.

Last edited by BlaizeV; 09-25-2020 at 05:21 PM.
Thanks given by:
One-Eye (12-16-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #2

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Titles I've added or updated so far:

All Region 1 releases unless specified.

[ADV Films]
  • Jing: King of Bandits - Complete Collection DVD (Litebox version)
  • Kimera OVA DVD
  • Mazinkaiser Volumes 1-2 DVD
  • Saint Seiya Volumes 3,4,5,7,8,12 DVD
  • Shuten Doji Volumes 1-2 DVD
  • Sukeban Deka OVA DVD

[Central Park Media]
  • Birdy The Mighty OVA Volumes 1-2 DVD
  • Black Jack OVAs (The rest of them + Complete Collections) DVD
  • Domain of Murder OVA DVD
  • Maetel Legend OVA DVD
  • Spirit Warrior Complete Collection DVD
  • They Were Eleven OVA DVD

[Discotek Media]
  • Arcadia Of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX DVD
  • Dancouga: Super Beast Machine God DVD
  • Midnight Eye Goku - The Complete OVA Series DVD

[Funimation Ent.]
  • Ghost Hunt Part 2 DVD
  • Kaze no Stigma: Volume 1 - Wind DVD
  • Kaze no Stigma: Volume 2 - Fire DVD
  • Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple: Season 1 Part 2 DVD
  • Spice and Wolf Season One Viridian Collection DVD
  • The Tower of Druaga: The Sword of Uruk DVD
  • The Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk DVD
  • Utawarerumono: The Complete Collection DVD

[Geneon Entertainment]
  • Daichis - Earth's Defense Family: Volumes 1-3 DVD
  • Fighting Spirit Volumes 1-15 + TV Special DVD
  • Haibane Renmei Complete Box Set DVD (The set that used the Japanese Art)
  • Kyo Kara Maoh S1 Geneon Volumes 1-9 DVD
  • Kyo Kara Maoh S2 Geneon Volumes 1-9 DVD
  • Master Keaton TV/OVA Volumes 6-8 DVD

[Media Blasters/Anime Works]
  • Cosmo Warrior Zero Volumes 1,2,4 DVD
  • Gun Frontier Volumes 1,3,4 + Gun Pack Complete Collection DVD
  • Kurogane Communication Volumes 1-3 DVD
  • Tekkaman Blade Collection: Volumes 2-3 DVD
  • Zenki: Saga's 1-4 DVD

[Other]
  • Black Magic M-66 OVA DVD (Manga Ent.)
  • Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 DVD (Madman Ent. AU)
  • Emma: A Victorian Romance: Season 1 DVD (Litebox Version)
  • FLCL Volume 3 Artbox DVD
  • Miami Guns Volumes 3-4 DVD
  • New Dominion Tank Police OVA DVD (Manga Ent.)
  • Psycho Diver: Soul Siren DVD (UK)
  • Space Pirate Captain Herlock: The Endless Odyssey DVD (Madman Ent. AU)

Last edited by BlaizeV; 12-10-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #3

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Thought I would resurrect this thread as I've continued with this project on and off over the last few years.

Firstly I can reveal that ADV Films entire DVD catalog of titles have been added to the database now! I went through and as far as I'm aware I've added all the gaps in. Only just finished up so a few still need to be moderated but should be up later today or tomorrow.

Basically if it came out by ADV Films on DVD then it should now be in the database and you should be able to add it to your collection if you weren't able to before.

The following additions have been added

[ADV Films]
  • Best Student Council Vols 1-6
  • Blue Seed White Thinpack Set
  • Coyote Ragtime Show Thinpack Collection and Vol.2 w/Artbox
  • Diamond Daydreams Vol.3
  • Eden's Bowy 2009 Complete Collection Release
  • Full Metal Panic Red Thinpack Set
  • Getter Robo Armageddon Vol.2
  • Guyver Bio Boosted Armor Vols 4,5,6,7
  • Hakugei Legend of Moby Dick Vols 1-6
  • Legend of Crystania Chaos Ring and Motion Picture Essential Anime Releases
  • Lost Universe Vols 2,3,6
  • Martian Successor Nadesico Vols 2,3,4,5,6 + Essential Anime Vols 1,2,3
  • MD Geist
  • Megazone 23 Vol.1 w/Artbox
  • Moonlight Mile Vols 1,2,3 and Vol.2 w/Artbox
  • Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok 2009 Complete Collection release
  • Nanaka 6/17 Vols 1-3
  • Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat Vols 3,4
  • Petite Princess Yucie Vols 1-6 + 2009 Complete Collection release
  • Power Stone Vols 2-6
  • Project Blue Earth SOS Vol 2
  • Steam Detectives Thinpack Collection
I'll update again with the new ADV additions currently under moderation as soon as I can. Should be later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by BlaizeV; 09-19-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Thanks given by:
bubba111 (09-19-2020), vivablu (09-19-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 07:12 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

There's still stuff from other companies missing, here's a list of stuff from my collection that's still missing. This list used to be so huge, can't believe it's small, thank you those who have added dozens of things the past few months.

Demon Lord Dante Volumes 1-4 (Volume 1 artbox)
Dragon Ball Z Movie 8, Movie Packs 30th Anniversary Edition (UPCs can be found in the Fandom Post thread)
Galaxy Angel Rune Volume 4
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volumes 1-4 (Volume 1 artbox)
My-Hime Volumes 1-6 (Volume 1 Special Edition*)
My-Otome Volumes 2-7
Naruto Box Set 11 (Regular edition)
Otaku no Video BD (Kickstarter edition)
Pretear AniMini
Super GALS! AniMini

*Not really that special, cardbox box with the same art on both sides IIRC (I've got the box in storage atm-here's a pic from when I bought it 6 years ago (got it for $18.36), I sadly didn't take any others), and the shirt is unbelievably plain, by far the least-interesting shirt of the 10 or so I've had come with NA anime DVDs. At least the others had some effort put into them, especially the Eureka Seven ones.

So many gaps in the database, so much stuff missing that is on ANN, and in some cases stuff that surprisingly never got added on ANN, and can't get added as the release scraper is still broken, much to my frustration.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...7&format=video

Last edited by BigOnAnime; 09-20-2020 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:04 PM   #5

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
There's still stuff from other companies missing, here's a list of stuff from my collection that's still missing. This list used to be so huge, can't believe it's small, thank you those who have added dozens of things the past few months.

Demon Lord Dante Volumes 1-4 (Volume 1 artbox)
Dragon Ball Z Movie 8, Movie Packs 30th Anniversary Edition (UPCs can be found in the Fandom Post thread)
Galaxy Angel Rune Volume 4
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volumes 1-4 (Volume 1 artbox)
My-Hime Volumes 1-6 (Volume 1 Special Edition*)
My-Otome Volumes 2-7
Naruto Box Set 11 (Regular edition)
Otaku no Video BD (Kickstarter edition)
Pretear AniMini
Super GALS! AniMini

*Not really that special, cardbox box with the same art on both sides IIRC (I've got the box in storage atm-here's a pic from when I bought it 6 years ago (got it for $18.36), I sadly didn't take any others), and the shirt is unbelievably plain, by far the least-interesting shirt of the 10 or so I've had come with NA anime DVDs. At least the others had some effort put into them, especially the Eureka Seven ones.

So many gaps in the database, so much stuff missing that is on ANN, and in some cases stuff that surprisingly never got added on ANN, and can't get added as the release scraper is still broken, much to my frustration.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...7&format=video
I'll work on these for you. Seems that someone went through and filled out most of Bandai so I'm surprised to see My Hime volumes missing. I might work on Bandai next then. I actually also used to own both versions of My Hime Artboxes. Makes me wonder if they changed their mind while releasing the series in terms of what Artbox they wanted to do.

Last edited by BlaizeV; 09-20-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #6

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Okay here are the remaining ADV releases I added. With these the entire ADV DVD Anime catalog should now be in the database...hopefully. If you see anything missing msg me.

[ADV Films]
  • Shadow Skill Vols 1,3,5
  • Street Fighter II US Series Vols 1-2
  • Super Atragon Essential Anime Release
  • Super Duper Sumos Vols 4-6
  • Super Gals! Vols 1-6 w/Artbox
  • Those Who Hunt Elves Vols 1-2
  • Those Who Hunt Elves 2 Vols 1-2
  • Wallflower Vol.2 w/Artbox
  • Welcome to the NHK Vols 2-5 w/Artbox
  • Wild Arms Vol.1 w/Artbox
  • Xenosaga The Animation Vols 2-3

Here are some I've added over the last Year or so. Just in case you missed them.

[Bandai Ent.]
  • Argentosama Anime Legends Release
  • Clockwork Fighters Hiwou's War Vols 1-3
  • Overman King Gainer Anime Legends Release

[Funimation Ent.]
  • Black Cat - The Complete Collection [Viridian]
  • Blassreiter Part 1+2
  • Devil May Cry - The Complete Series Box Set
  • Devil May Cry - The Complete Collection [Viridian]
  • Guyver Bio Booster Armor - Complete Collection
  • Initial D: Second Stage [TokyoPop Version]

[Geneon Ent.]
  • Melody of Oblivion Vols 1-6

[Manga Ent.]
  • Ghost Sweeper Mikami The Movie

[Media Blasters]
  • De:vadasy
  • Kurogane Communication: Complete Collection
  • Sadamitsu the Destroyer Vols 1-3 + Complete Collection
  • Voogie's Angel
  • World of Mirage of Blaze: Complete Collection

[Nozomi Ent]
  • Super Gals Season 2 Collection

Last edited by BlaizeV; 09-20-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Thanks given by:
vivablu (09-20-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 01:29 PM   #7

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Added today

[ADV Films]
  • Chrono Crusade Vol.1 w/Artbox
  • Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Vol.1 w/Artbox - I also connect Vols 2,3,4 to the Abenobashi entry in the database.

[Bandai Ent.]
  • My Hime Vol.1 Special Edition, Vols 2-7
  • My Otome Vols 2-7

With the My Hime + My Otome stuff I also made sure to connect all the stuff that was added to the correct database entries as most Otome stuff was listed under My Hime by mistake.

@BigOnAnime the Mini's for Pretear and SuperGals aren't in the ANN database, which is what I use to add titles to this sites database. So would need UPC and ASIN codes for those. I assume they are the usual 25 minute single episode releases?
Old 09-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Yeah, those 2 AniMinis are also missing from ANN, it's the usual single episode release. The Pretear UPC is 702727091926 (Amazon), and the Super GALS! AniMini UPC is 702727092329 (Amazon).

Looking, a few other things that ANN is missing that Blu-ray.com is also missing from the list I'm keeping for when I can finally add this stuff to ANN...

Geneon Collector Packs

Set 1: 013023290594
Set 2: 013023290693
Set 3: 013023290792
Set 4: 013023290891

I discovered these early this year. These each contained a single volume of Hellsing, Trigun, and Gungrave, with set 1 having Volume 1, set 2 having Volume 2, etc. The Hellsing and Trigun singles included were the Signature Series editions while Gungrave was the regular as it never received a Signature Series re-release.

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Best Buy Volume 7-8 exclusive artbox, UPC 631595098273. Looks like the site is missing most of the Moribito releases, the parts (just 2 singles bundled together in a slipcover) and singles.
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Morib...7-8-Hyb-Artbox (Reportedly the Best Buy sticker is underneath the shrinkwrap and is on the actual box)

Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, there was a Borders exclusive with a lenticular cover, and an FYE exclusive that came in a lunchbox. FilmAF had the cover pics, but now with FilmAF gone and me not having saved the covers before that happened, ugh.

Borders: 782009237815 (Amazon)
FYE: 782009237730 (Pics from an eBay auction from a while ago, seller didn't have the DVD in it for some reason 1 2 3 4)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa, there's 2 variants I've discovered which I can't find too much info about. There's a lenticular cover version 704400081699 (Amazon), and then a version that comes with 2 discs 704400081712 (Amazon). The 2-disc version came with a bonus disc "The Transmutation of a Phenomenon". This extra from what I can tell was later included in the 2009 and 2010 DVD box sets, and then the Blu-ray release, but it's under a different name in the DVD release IIRC. This might have been a Best Buy exclusive? What I found when Googling the name of the disc months back.
Quote:
I got mine at best buy. It just came with two disks. One was the normal movie and the second was the "transmutation of a phenomenon" which was basically just an interview with the american cast, which was interesting to watch. I'm the only one out of my friends to get the extra disk and I haven't noticed any differences in the packaging so... I have no idea... Sorry.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=15390

Samurai Champloo Volume 1 DVD/CD Combo Pack: 013023531321

Here's an eBay listing with it. I've never seen anyone use the correct UPC when listing it.

Also UPCs for the DBZ Walmart-exclusive 30th anniversary stuff. I don't have them for the rebranded Orange Bricks as I didn't pick them up.

Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan (Movie 8) 704400021886
Broly: Triple-Threat (All 3 Broly movies) 704400021329
Movie 3-Pack (Bojack Unbound (9), Fusion Reborn (12), Wrath of the Dragon (13)) 704400021343
Battle of Gods 704400021770
Resurrection F 704400021756

Oh, and here's some things on ANN that Blu-ray.com is missing, these are a little obscure. I remember seeing these on YouTube before back in 2011, and managed to get them added to ANN years back.

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Parts 1-2 (Walmart-excusive)
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Parts 3-4 (Walmart-excusive)
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Parts 5-6 (Walmart-excusive) (This was the last of these)

Dragon Ball Z Season 1-2 (Walmart-exclusive)
Dragon Ball Z Season 3-4 (Walmart-exclusive)
Dragon Ball Z Season 5-6 (Walmart-exclusive)
Dragon Ball Z Season 7-8 (Walmart-exclusive)

Videos of what these Orange Brick double-packs are like, you can still find them. Don't know if they still include the booklets as FUNimation dropped them years ago (PDFs of them are linked in that post).
Old 09-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #9

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Making my way through Bandai now

[Bandai Ent.]
  • Android Kikaider Complete Collection
  • Angel Links Vols 1-4
  • Angel Tales Vols 1-4
  • Blue Submarine No.6 Vols 1,3,4
  • Carried by the Wind Tsukikage Ran Complete Collection
  • D.I.C.E. Vols 2-6
  • Di Chi Charat Nyo! Vols 7-8
  • Dragon Drive Complete Collection Sets 1+2

Also I apparently overlooked this, hopefully this is the only one.

[ADV Films]
  • Princess Tutu Vols 2-6
Old 09-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013
Somewhere

I did a good chunk of older OVAs a week or two ago, hopefully that saved you some time. I know it took me forever.

Metal Fighter Miku
Legend of Lemnear (Re-release)
Sins of the Sisters
Spirit of Wonder: Miss China's Ring
Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek
Idol Fighter: Su-Chi-Pai

And a couple more I can't remember.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #11

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo1313 View Post
I did a good chunk of older OVAs a week or two ago, hopefully that saved you some time. I know it took me forever.

Metal Fighter Miku
Legend of Lemnear (Re-release)
Sins of the Sisters
Spirit of Wonder: Miss China's Ring
Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek
Idol Fighter: Su-Chi-Pai

And a couple more I can't remember.
Hey any help at all is very much appreciated. If we all do a little here and there then we can fill this database up in no time. In fact I was able to add Kakurenbo and Legend of Lemnear to my collection due to your efforts so thanks alot!
Thanks given by:
Bobo1313 (09-23-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 05:49 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

I've been going through my dvd collection in the last couple days, and also added a few entries to the database as well:

- Saber Marionette J Ultimate collection with autograph
- Saiyuki vol 7 + collector box
- Saiyuki Reload vol 1 + collector box
- Vandread (second stage) vol 1 + collector box

And some more that I can't remember.

However, I do have a quick question for you guys. How do you upload the images to these listing? Some entries did not have any photo for the cover arts at all, and that bugged me a lot.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:04 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

There's an option on the entry near "Edit movie" called "Upload covers". Just save the cover from Amazon or if Amazon doesn't have the pic, use DVD Empire. Make sure to uncheck the boxes for the stuff you're uploading. I need to sometime get around to uploading hundreds upon hundreds of back covers from DVD Empire as hardly anything has those.
Thanks given by:
vivablu (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 06:24 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

I tried to upload some photos to some dvds, and they were pending for approval. However, I checked back a week later, and still no images showed up. I don't know what I did wrong there.

For example, I've been trying to upload a photo for Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite vol 2 twice, and 'til this day, there's still no cover art for this entry.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:31 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Huh, meanwhile my cover submissions for the Xenosaga, My-Hime, and My-Otome singles, The Wallflower Volume 2 + artbox, and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 1 + artbox went through quickly. Also, Abenobashi took me on an adventure, Amazon seemed to have delisted it, and the Internet Archive never saved the page. DVD Empire had a rather crappy pic which I didn't want to use. So I went on ANN via the archive to see if the old links would lead me to RightStuf or something, no dice. Then suddenly, I open the image in a new tab and...

I've now found out how to get larger versions of pics from ANN, so I wouldn't be stuck with this which was too small. Take the "[number].jpg", and put it at the end of "https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/images/releases/". So to find the old larger pics for say this delisted release... Before | After
Thanks given by:
BlaizeV (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #16
Power Member

Feb 2019
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivablu View Post
I tried to upload some photos to some dvds, and they were pending for approval. However, I checked back a week later, and still no images showed up. I don't know what I did wrong there.

For example, I've been trying to upload a photo for Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite vol 2 twice, and 'til this day, there's still no cover art for this entry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
Huh, meanwhile my cover submissions for the Xenosaga, My-Hime, and My-Otome singles, The Wallflower Volume 2 + artbox, and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 1 + artbox went through quickly.
Yeah, sometimes it's quick, sometimes it takes a while. I've been wating for a change for the Clannad/Clannad After Story: Complete Collection to be approved since April.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #17

Feb 2019
North Dakota

Missing stuff I've Noticed

Wings of Rean 1-3 (Bandai Visual)
X TV 1-8 (Pioneer)
To Love-Ru Darkness 2 DVD (Sentai)
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Ultimate Collection (ADV)
Dragon Ball Movie Box Thinpak (Movies 2-4) (Funimation)
A Certain Scientific Railgun: Season 1 Part 2 DVD (Funimation)
A Certain Scientific Railgun: Season 2 Part 2 DVD (Funimation)
Gurren Lagann Volume 5-6 (Bandai)
.hack//Sign Volume 4-5 Limited Edition (Bandai)

Last edited by BoscoTheMan82; 09-26-2020 at 01:03 AM.
Thanks given by:
BlaizeV (09-25-2020), sagadego (09-24-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Just added something myself for the first time, the Human Crossing brick set.
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Human-Cr...Set-DVD/221230

Also uploaded packaging pics for it as well as ones for the Ai Yori Aoshi + Enishi brick set. Took the pics from eBay auctions I saw a while back.
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Human-Cr...230/#Packaging
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Ai-Yori-...070/#Packaging

Yeah, Geneon literally did that, they shrinkwrapped a bunch of singles, then slapped a "Complete Series Inside" and UPC sticker on them. They also did this with Gatekeepers, another show that did very poorly for them as confirmed by Chad Kime on ANNCast. Unfortunately I can't find pics of said set on eBay, though this confirms they did that.

I need to get around to finishing this, but I made a blog post last month for "non-standard" Geneon releases.
https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=836661
Thanks given by:
BlaizeV (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 02:13 PM   #19

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

Added a few more Bandai releases.

[Bandai Ent.]
  • Eat Man '98
  • Escaflowne Film [Anime Movie Classics Version]
  • Galaxy Angel Vols 1,2,3,4 with both LE Artbox versions
  • Galaxy Angel Z Vols 1,2,3
  • Galaxy Angel Rune Vol 4

I definitely added (to my knowledge) all the missing Galaxy Angel stuff, just might have forgot to list it here.

Frustratingly Galaxy Angel is listed in the database as one entity, well mostly. Rune and X have their own pages but A,AA,S and Z do not. For now I just added everything to the Galaxy Angel page. Well apart from the Rune volume obviously. I need to add those seasons mentioned into the Movie database and then we can attach each set to the correct 'movie'. I probably do it later as right now I'd rather just keep filling in the blanks for Bandai. Though if someone else wants to do it I won't stop you lol. I just added everything for now as Movie additions also need to be moderated and it isn't hard to change the movie connection for each title later anyway.

If you make an addition to the database I think we should try to make it clear if you want to mention it in this thread. You don't need to do what I do with the bullet points but making the title of the addition bold so it stands out would help anyone following this thread to see each new addition made. i.e Galaxy Angel Volumes 1,2,3,4.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #20

Oct 2017
Adrift in Blighty

I just spent way too much time working on a guide on how to add releases to the database. It's on the first post of this thread.

Hopefully this will be of help to someone ... please please please let it help someone otherwise I just wasted 3 hours lol.
Thanks given by:
SpazeBlue (09-25-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime