Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
RahXephon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

S-CRY-ed: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$51.74
8 hrs ago
Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37

Chihayafuru: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
Knights of Sidonia: Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!: The Complete Second Season & OVA (Blu-ray)
$44.60
8 hrs ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Grisaia: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 01-03-2020, 12:24 AM   #21
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Fair warning, eBay is flooded with bootleg copies of the SAVE release. I have the original cardboard slipcase seasons from pre-2009 or something like that. I regret not buying the SAVE seasons before they went out of print.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #22

Sep 2015

Save season one is $60 used right now. It just went down (due to the new dub?) and was gong for $90 a few months ago!

Captured in her eyes (a great movie) still goes for $149 used on amazon however!

They just dropped in price a few weeks ago so maybe that's a good sign of a re-release?
Old 01-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #23
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaastra View Post
Save season one is $60 used right now. It just went down (due to the new dub?) and was gong for $90 a few months ago!

Captured in her eyes (a great movie) still goes for $149 used on amazon however!

They just dropped in price a few weeks ago so maybe that's a good sign of a re-release?
That's unlikely. The market for out of print releases fluctuates from time to time.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:30 PM   #24

Nov 2017
Poland

I really like this series and I would love to buy it, but to be honest, I don't see much chance. I doubt anyone would take it up again. If I remember correctly, it didn't even sell well once. I only see some chance to release movies in the future. Maybe Discotec? I have a finger cross.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:34 PM   #25
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterKIller View Post
I really like this series and I would love to buy it, but to be honest, I don't see much chance. I doubt anyone would take it up again. If I remember correctly, it didn't even sell well once. I only see some chance to release movies in the future. Maybe Discotec? I have a finger cross.
Discotek is really the only hope for Detective Conan in North America. If nothing else I hope they get the rights to the few specials and movies that have been screened at cons.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:38 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA

Forgot to post this, but here’s a picture of the booth at CharaExpo 2019 promoting Case Closed Runner.

I think if Crunchyroll doesn’t acquire the Detective Conan films at some point (as they have the series’ recent episodes), I think HIDIVE or Sentai Filmworks would also be a good candidate for the films.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FABFB27F-CEB7-4E77-BACC-47B363A9E9CF.jpg (20.2 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by disneywildcat; 01-04-2020 at 12:42 AM.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (01-04-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 03:08 AM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

I have all of FUNi's box sets. My seasons 1-3 are from the ancient Viridian Collection line, and the other two were from other pressings (4 is basically a Viridian edition without the branding. 5 is the same, but in a slimmer box). I have their double feature for films 1-2, but never got around to picking the other three up. Hopefully someone rescues them for a Blu-ray release.

And I saw that trailer for the new dub for that movie, and... yeah, no Jerry Jewell, no Alison Viktorin, no dice.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:59 AM   #28
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Fair warning, eBay is flooded with bootleg copies of the SAVE release. I have the original cardboard slipcase seasons from pre-2009 or something like that. I regret not buying the SAVE seasons before they went out of print.
Ive been tempted to buy some a few times but its sometimes hard to tell which ones are bootlegs.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:05 PM   #29
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness2918 View Post
Ive been tempted to buy some a few times but its sometimes hard to tell which ones are bootlegs.
I don't have experience with bootleg copies of these sets but I do with other anime, usually it is easier to tell in hand. A lot of it I wouldn't be able to explain, it'd be easier to show in person but that doesn't do anyone any good here. I do believe there is a way you can put the disc in your computers disc drive and find out if it is legit or not.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

Aren’t most bootlegs DVD-R? Also, the sleeve is usually cheaply printed.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #31
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffOliver View Post
Arenít most bootlegs DVD-R? Also, the sleeve is usually cheaply printed.
I have a bootleg that doesn't register as being a DVD-R on my Blu-ray player. Typically my player lists when something is DVD-R or BD-R but that isn't the case with this one. I was almost convinced it was some sort of legitimate release from another country but the barcode/UPC is the same across tons of knockoffs by this specific company, it isn't unique.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #32

Oct 2009
Mississauga, ON

This series is the only reason for me that I subscribe to Crunchyroll.

Thankfully, I bought the SAVE season sets before it OOP but the DVDs are rough.

I have almost given up on buying physical but it this series is released on Blu, I will make an exception.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:41 PM   #33

Sep 2015

Not sure if it means anything but all 5 seasons of the case closed anime is showing up in search again on vudu. (can't buy them.) They stopped showing up in search before and are showing up again all of a sudden. Checked and they are showing up on amazon and google play also but can't buy them. They just dubbed some more movies in English. rerelease of this series in the future or just nothing? He-man and she ra showed up in search again right before the new dvds were announced! New dvd release or digital release or false alarm?
Old 03-08-2020, 09:09 PM   #34
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaastra View Post
Not sure if it means anything but all 5 seasons of the case closed anime is showing up in search again on vudu. (can't buy them.) They stopped showing up in search before and are showing up again all of a sudden. Checked and they are showing up on amazon and google play also but can't buy them. They just dubbed some more movies in English. rerelease of this series in the future or just nothing? He-man and she ra showed up in search again right before the new dvds were announced! New dvd release or digital release or false alarm?
They've been marked as unavailable for months on Amazon Video. It isn't a recent thing, not sure about Vudu though.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:46 AM   #35
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Noting this here too:

Discotek will be releasing Case Closed Episode One on Blu-ray this summer

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...86878969958401
Old 05-04-2020, 04:29 AM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2014

Quote:
Noting this here too:

Will be picking this up. If it does well maybe theyll release more.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:43 AM   #37
Power Member

Jan 2020
Indianapolis, IN.

[Show spoiler]

It was mentioned towards the end of the panel:
Quote:
More Cased Closed is Coming!!
I could definitely see Case Closed/Detective Conan becoming the next Lupin for Discotek. There is a wealth of material to be had, and with the English dub sticking to the characters' original Japanese names this go round, we could see a second coming of Case Closed.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (05-04-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 04:46 AM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA

Quote:
Noting this here too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomranger View Post
[Show spoiler]

If this release does well, I could see Case Closed/Detective Conan becoming the next Lupin for Discotek. There is a wealth of material to be had, and with the English dub sticking to the characters' original Japanese names this go round, we could see a second coming of Case Closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness2918 View Post
Will be picking this up. If it does well maybe theyll release more.
I saw the dub at its US premiere last December at CharaExpo in Anaheim. It's definitely more faithful to the Japanese audio (as Conan's thoughts are voiced by Conan, rather than Shinichi/Jimmy in the Funimation dub and other dubs such as Taiwan). Professor Agasa's accent is normal rather than German/European.

Hopefully this release does well enough for TMS Entertainment USA (which is credited with producing the dub with Bang Zoom Entertainment) to continue dubbing other Detective Conan content.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (05-04-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #39
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomranger View Post
I could definitely see Case Closed/Detective Conan becoming the next Lupin for Discotek. There is a wealth of material to be had, and with the English dub sticking to the characters' original Japanese names this go round, we could see a second coming of Case Closed.
The movies sold well for Funimation from what I recall. If nothing else it'd be cool to get the movies on Blu-ray.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Yeah, I remember FUNimation stating the movies did well for them, but that unfortunately didn't translate into them getting more and then later the rights expired, though TMS seemed to have blocked renewals to nearly all their stuff that wasn't held by Discotek, whom they love working with.

I doubt Discotek will take the daunting task of releasing the nearly 1,000+ episodes of the TV series that has absolutely no end in sight, but it'd be nice to see them grab all the movies and specials at least.
Thanks given by:
sagadego (05-04-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Tags
anime, blu-ray, case closed, detective conan