Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dexter, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
1 day ago
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Edward Scissorhands (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Batman 80th Anniversary Collection (iTunes)
$39.99

Guardians of the Galaxy (iTunes)
$7.99

DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

Iron Man (iTunes)
$7.99

Avengers: Endgame (iTunes)
$7.99

Doctor Strange (iTunes)
$7.99

Thor (iTunes)
$7.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$19.99

DC Universe 10th Anniversary Collection (iTunes)
$69.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-13-2020, 02:20 AM   #41
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by space86 View Post
Question Vudu has a message board does iTunes or google play have
A message board ?
I've never seen a message board for iTunes, GP, Amazon or FN.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:34 PM   #42

Nov 2019

Is Exorcist 3 the Shout/Arrow version?
Old 01-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #43
Power Member

Jul 2018

Yes
Old 01-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #44
Power Member

Feb 2015
Texas

Has anybody ever had issues with Vudu purchases no longer showing in your movie library? I was browsing my Vudu purchase history today while searching for a previous D2D purchase, and I noticed that I had purchased Platoon a few years ago, but that movie isn't in my digital library. I'm not sure when it disappeared, or why. But I had completely forgot I owned it.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:53 PM   #45
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeatworld View Post
Has anybody ever had issues with Vudu purchases no longer showing in your movie library? I was browsing my Vudu purchase history today while searching for a previous D2D purchase, and I noticed that I had purchased Platoon a few years ago, but that movie isn't in my digital library. I'm not sure when it disappeared, or why. But I had completely forgot I owned it.
Vudu revamped their order history page last monthish and for any order that has multiple items, only the first item is shown. Multiple item orders are primarily from D2D or M2D purchases, but Vudu doesn't seem to be in any rush to fix their flawed implementation.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:01 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Is vudu being a PITA for anyone else tonight, or is it the new TV I got? The darn thing stops every 30sec-min to buffer. I never had this problem before.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:57 AM   #47

Mar 2012
USA

I have busted Vudu for removing my paid for content all the time, it is a painstaking process. Fortunately for Blu-ray.com, I keep detailed records of purchases & dates which helps me to pinpoint the actual Digital purchase. This helps me to narrow down the search to the year & month. Then I search the "Purchase History" at VUDU, it usually takes hours. Why do I do all the work for them? If I didn't they usually just pass the buck (ignore) or write a couple of meaningless sentences answering a question with a question, never resolving the issue. Don't get me wrong they still check all the data, it just goes much faster when I tell them exactly where to look. Once they see that there is a legitimate error, usually it results in a credit. One time, it took over six months to restore 7 of my movies to my Digital library.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:11 PM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJReal View Post
I have busted Vudu for removing my paid for content all the time, it is a painstaking process. Fortunately for Blu-ray.com, I keep detailed records of purchases & dates which helps me to pinpoint the actual Digital purchase. This helps me to narrow down the search to the year & month. Then I search the "Purchase History" at VUDU, it usually takes hours. Why do I do all the work for them? If I didn't they usually just pass the buck (ignore) or write a couple of meaningless sentences answering a question with a question, never resolving the issue. Don't get me wrong they still check all the data, it just goes much faster when I tell them exactly where to look. Once they see that there is a legitimate error, usually it results in a credit. One time, it took over six months to restore 7 of my movies to my Digital library.
I don't know why people have problems with Vudu, I have been with them for 7 years and have almost 700 Movies. I haven't lost anything, and I had old SD Movies they have upgraded to HDX like Pacific Heights and The Wild Bunch. I don't share my Movies, and have kept the some eMail.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:00 AM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2016

I bought a blu-ray code here from someone and it redeemed in SD. Is there a way I can have this title deleted from my vudu lmao not a fan of SD.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:19 AM   #50
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
I bought a blu-ray code here from someone and it redeemed in SD. Is there a way I can have this title deleted from my vudu lmao not a fan of SD.
Call or email them.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
I don't know why people have problems with Vudu, I have been with them for 7 years and have almost 700 Movies. I haven't lost anything, and I had old SD Movies they have upgraded to HDX like Pacific Heights and The Wild Bunch. I don't share my Movies, and have kept the some eMail.
Whenever I add something I try to screenshot the page with the count. That way if my count goes down I can start looking for missing titles. I also keep a spreadsheet of all my titles along with notes of where, when and how that title was acquired. Things can and will sometimes disappear...if you've not had any issues you've been fortunate so far.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #52
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

question - and I'm sure this has been answered, but does Vudu preorders charge you beforehand, or on the streaming date when it becomes active
Old 02-06-2020, 11:31 PM   #53
Special Member

Sep 2013
Boynton Beach, FL USA

Here's a story for you guys. Back when John Wick: Chapter 3 came out I bought it the 4K blu-ray version from them. When I received it, I opened it to find the case was damaged. I then contacted Vudu about getting a replacement. They responded by saying that Walmart handles their blu-ray orders and contact them. So I contact Walmart and was told there was nothing they could do and to report it to get a refund on my credit card. I ended up doing that and got a refund.

Just recently I go to my account to buy something and see I can't. So I open a ticket with Vudu and find out my account was suspended as a result of reporting it to my credit card to get a refund. I told them I did this to get a refund because it was damaged, so they re-open my account but say if anymore charge backs happen (I don't see it in the future since I won't be buying anymore blu-rays from them) my account will be permanently closed. Also, due to this charge back they can not refund my account again. I've since responded asking if they can restore my account back to a normal status because I don't feel I should be penalized against for receiving a damaged item.

Obviously I'll never buy a blu-ray through Vudu again. But what about anything else? Vudu's quality is great. Part of me wants to buy elsewhere unless they fully reinstate my account. What do you guys think I should do?

Last edited by yanksno1; 02-07-2020 at 02:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-07-2020, 02:04 AM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Shermer, IL
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksno1 View Post
Here's a story for you guys. Back when John Wick: Chapter 3 came out I bought it the 4K blu-ray version from them. When I received it, I opened it to find the case was damaged. I then contacted Vudu about getting a replacement. They responded by saying that Walmart handles their blu-ray orders and contact them. So I contact Walmart and was told there was nothing they could do and to report it to get a refund on my credit card. I ended up doing that and got a refund.

Just recently I go to my account to buy something and see I can't. So I open a ticket with Vudu and find out my account was suspended as a result of reporting it to my credit card to get a refund. I told them I did this to get a refund because it was damaged, so they re-open my account but say if anymore charge backs happen (I don't see it in the future since I won't be buying anymore blu-rays from them) my account will be permanently closed. Also, due to this charge back they can not refund my account again. I've since responded asking if they can restore my account back to a normal status because I don't feel I should be penalized against for receiving a damaged item.

Obviously I never buy a blu-ray through Vudu again. But what about anything else? Vudu's quality is great. Part of me wants to buy elsewhere unless they fully reinstate my account. What do you guys think I should do?
This doesn't add much but it seems like Vudu is run by a small staff of people not knowing what they are even doing.
Thanks given by:
yanksno1 (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 04:16 AM   #55
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Swords View Post
This doesn't add much but it seems like Vudu is run by a small staff of people not knowing what they are even doing.
essentially "who's on first?"
Old 02-07-2020, 04:58 AM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
question - and I'm sure this has been answered, but does Vudu preorders charge you beforehand, or on the streaming date when it becomes active
Yes. if they have paid for special features at the time. This is how I judge it . Disney usually always does also.
Thanks given by:
Dubstar (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #57
Special Member

Sep 2013
Boynton Beach, FL USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
essentially "who's on first?"
That's exactly what it was.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:45 PM   #58
Power Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksno1 View Post

Obviously I'll never buy a blu-ray through Vudu again. But what about anything else? Vudu's quality is great. Part of me wants to buy elsewhere unless they fully reinstate my account. What do you guys think I should do?
That was horrible advice on their part.
It is NEVER a good idea to do a credit card chargeback with anyone you plan on having any sort of future business relationship with. Companies will absolutely blacklist you for it.
Thanks given by:
yanksno1 (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 11:19 PM   #59

Nov 2019

Does the following 4K Vudu extra make it to the 4K BD? If not, does it appear in a BD, HD-DVD, DVD? What are the resolution of the extras?:
---Terminator 2 (All)
---Dredd (All)
---Doctor Strange (Throught the Keyhole: The Science of MCU)
---Hell or High Water (The New West - Visualizing the Hearts of America)

Does the following Vudu extra make it to BD? If not, does it appear in a DVD? What are the resolution of the extras?:
---Resolution (2012) (XTRA)
---Sleepless Night (XTRA)

What are the resolution of the extras?:
---Edge of Tomorrow (All)
---You Were Never Really There (From Book to Film)

What kind of Dolby Digital does Vudu employs for it's Atmos, DD or DD+?
Does the ads on the "Free with Ads" feature interrupt the movie?
Some episodes of Waco and Homeland Season 7 cost $0.00. Are they free episodes?

The stereo on the following movies are fake, right?:
---Cape Fear (1962)
---The King of Comedy
---Hardcore
---Dog Day Afternoon
Old 02-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #60
Special Member

Sep 2013
Boynton Beach, FL USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
That was horrible advice on their part.
It is NEVER a good idea to do a credit card chargeback with anyone you plan on having any sort of future business relationship with. Companies will absolutely blacklist you for it.
Totally agree, lesson learned now. If I knew that then I wouldn't have done it and just take the loss. It was a horrible experience all around. I just bought what I was planning to with them on Amazon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies