Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$24.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$39.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$22.23
8 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$79.99

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$37.83
8 hrs ago
Planet Coaster (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Judgment (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$36.40

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-08-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Scorn - Xbox Series X, PC

Scorn is an upcoming first-person shooter horror game developed by Ebb Software for Microsoft Windows and Xbox Series X. The game is directly inspired by the works of H. R. Giger and Zdzisław Beksiński.

The player controls a strange skinless humanoid, lost in a nightmarish world filled with odd creatures and macabre tapestry, resembling a living techno-organic structure composed of steel, flesh, and bone. The player will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion, searching for answers that will explain more about the game's world.

The game, thus far, presents two main weapons: a pistol and a shotgun. The player starts with the pistol, a 6-shot weapon dealing mild damage to the in-game enemies. It appears to be completely organic, beginning with the mouth-looking base for the weapon which can be opened to let the pistol itself be removed and exchanged for the shotgun. The shotgun is a 3-shot weapon that deals considerable damage to enemies close-up, but the damage drops at long distances. The shotgun is composed of the same materials as the pistol, appearing to be made from organic matter.

The developers have claimed to design the game around the idea of "being thrown into the world", and as such, very little context is given about the game's setting. The developers have explained that they want the unsettling environment to be a character in itself.

The game was first announced on the 12th of November 2014, with a trailer showing pre-alpha footage, followed by an unsuccessful campaign on Kickstarter in December 2014, but despite this, the game remained in development with a planned two-part release. In January 2015, Scorn received private funding from an investor and began into full production in February 2015. The game was planned to be released in two parts,[6] the first is called Dasein (German pronunciation: [ˈdaːzaɪn]), a German word that means "being there" in vernacular German (German: da "there"; sein "being"), and "being-in-the-world" in Martin Heidegger's philosophy. Later, the production team announced to launch the game as a whole, instead of parts, although the release date was yet unannounced.

In 2017 Ebb Software launched a second Kickstarter, reaching its goal of €150.000 in September of that year.

On May 7th, 2020, was announced that the video game will be published in exclusivity for Xbox Series X running in 4k and 60fps, and will not be released on the previous generation of consoles because the developer team didn't want to time on a version of the game under these specifications and overall not "a good experience". Scorn will be released also on Steam, Windows Store, and GOG
Thanks given by:
Al_The_Strange (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 02:23 PM   #2
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Sounds good to me so far.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

So this is a Series X only game....didn't MS say there would be no exclusives for the first 2 years, or was that just for their own studios?
Old 05-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
So this is a Series X only game....didn't MS say there would be no exclusives for the first 2 years, or was that just for their own studios?
I think I read on Eurogamer yesterday that the official line now is that it's up to the developer at the end of the day, but that MS 1st party games will work on everything from base model Xbox One to Series X.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Been following news on this game for a year or so--glad to see the it's finally a release.

With the gameplay footage I've seen so far, I'm not sure my nerves can handle it.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
My understanding was no 1st party MS exclusives for 2 years but 3rd parties doing games exclusive or otherwise can choose.

This game did look like an Alien title until it just got way too weird.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #7
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

You think it's weird when they show a dripping phallus but then you realise you are basically walking around inside a vagina and representations of the female reproductive systems so is it really that weird all things considered lol
Old 05-08-2020, 04:26 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
You think it's weird when they show a dripping phallus but then you realise you are basically walking around inside a vagina and representations of the female reproductive systems so is it really that weird all things considered lol
I just think somebody had a twisted Freudian itch to scratch lol

I think Alien and Prometheus specifically are spot on for what they did. This took it a bit top far into that weird territory of bodily fluids and so on. Its something impactful alright but damn, i dunno if dripping phallus's will be upgrade points or refill stations for ammo
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #9
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I just think somebody had a twisted Freudian itch to scratch lol

I think Alien and Prometheus specifically are spot on for what they did. This took it a bit top far into that weird territory of bodily fluids and so on. Its something impactful alright but damn, i dunno if dripping phallus's will be upgrade points or refill stations for ammo

I guess Cyberpunk better be on its A game with their genital customisation options, gonna give this game a real run for its money!
Old 05-08-2020, 05:14 PM   #10
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Just don't rub it the wrong way.
Thanks given by:
Al_The_Strange (05-08-2020), Mavrick (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #11
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
Just don't rub it the wrong way.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #12
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post

I guess Cyberpunk better be on its A game with their genital customisation options, gonna give this game a real run for its money!
I'm building the largest labia the world has ever seen!!
Old 10-22-2020, 02:06 AM   #13

Aug 2011
Berlin, Germany

Old 10-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

that was brutal
Old 10-22-2020, 07:43 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

First, major disappointment when opening this thread. I thought it was about making fun of ("scorning") PC-elitists. I came in raring to go!

HOWEVER...

This looks like an awesome game. Of course, obviously couldn't help thinking about ALIEN:Isolation, but that is actually a great thing. That's the game that got me to buy an XBOX One to begin with. I much prefer third-person games to first, but this looks like enough fun for me to get past that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X