Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99

Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$4.99

Glass (iTunes)
$4.99

Jurassic Park (iTunes)
$4.99

Do the Right Thing (iTunes)
$4.99

Kingsman: The Secret Service (iTunes)
$4.99

DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

The Hateful Eight (iTunes)
$4.99

Die Hard with a Vengeance (iTunes)
$4.99

Kingsman 2 Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.98

Top Gun (iTunes)
$7.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (iTunes)
$7.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-15-2020, 07:09 PM   #1

Nov 2015
USA Vudu Disc to Digital

Iím in the process of moving my collection over to iTunes and Iím already buying them new as they come up cheap but is there any disadvantage to using the Vudu service with Movies Anywhere to get my Blu-ray collection over to digital?

Iíve seen maybe they donít get the automatic upgrades to 4k? If Vudu or Movies Anywhere goes out of business will I lose all the movies in iTunes or would I be able to just keep whatever I already did?

I have lots of Disney Blu-rays so itís hard to turn down the $2 transfer if everything works as promised.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki4cgs View Post
I have lots of Disney Blu-rays so it’s hard to turn down the $2 transfer if everything works as promised.
VUDU's D2D does not support Disney or 20th Century Studios (formerly Fox) titles.

It only works for Warner Bros., Sony, Universal, Lionsgate, and Paramount, the latter two of which do not support Movies Anywhere.
Thanks given by:
ki4cgs (12-15-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 07:16 PM   #3
Power Member

Mar 2012

no disadvantage other than no 4K upgrades. No you won't lose anything, Disney titles are not eligible.
Thanks given by:
ki4cgs (12-15-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #4

Oct 2014

Unless this has changed recently, Disney does not participate in Disc-to-Digital. That said, anything you "buy" via Disc-to-Digital that has Movies Anywhere rights will port to your other libraries, just like if you bought it normally or redeemed it as a Digital Copy.

As far as MA ever going under, hopefully it would be the same kind of situation as with UV, where your movies would be safe as long as your libraries were still connected to your account until the service went offline.

I don't use iTunes, by my understanding has always been that the automatic upgrade only applies to movies purchased/redeemed with iTunes directly.
Thanks given by:
ki4cgs (12-15-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 08:21 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki4cgs View Post
Iím in the process of moving my collection over to iTunes and Iím already buying them new as they come up cheap but is there any disadvantage to using the Vudu service with Movies Anywhere to get my Blu-ray collection over to digital?

Iíve seen maybe they donít get the automatic upgrades to 4k? If Vudu or Movies Anywhere goes out of business will I lose all the movies in iTunes or would I be able to just keep whatever I already did?

I have lots of Disney Blu-rays so itís hard to turn down the $2 transfer if everything works as promised.
FYI, Not sure how big your collection is but Vudu has a limit of 100 conversions per calendar year. So, if you have more than that you may want to get 100 in before the end of the year.

Also this spreadsheet can be helpful:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sL8/edit#gid=0

Also if in the future you want to upgrade a title you got as HD from Vudu D2D/M2D to 4K in iTunes, you can gift the movie to yourself in iTunes to get the 4K upgrade.
Thanks given by:
ki4cgs (12-15-2020), The WB (01-09-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies