Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99

Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$4.99

Glass (iTunes)
$4.99

Jurassic Park (iTunes)
$4.99

Do the Right Thing (iTunes)
$4.99

Kingsman: The Secret Service (iTunes)
$4.99

DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

The Hateful Eight (iTunes)
$4.99

Die Hard with a Vengeance (iTunes)
$4.99

Kingsman 2 Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.98

Top Gun (iTunes)
$7.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (iTunes)
$7.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 03-29-2021, 01:16 AM   #1
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
Default Digital codes that won’t play on Vudu?

I bought the 4K code for Wall-E about a year ago and it played just fine on my regular Blu-ray player.

Last night I tried to play it in my new 4K player and I kept getting a message that said my network speed was “insufficient for uninterrupted playback.”

Got the same message when I tried it a few minutes ago.

Tried playing other 4K movies and they worked just fine.
What is this?

Anyone else had the same problem with certain films?
Old 03-29-2021, 03:36 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Impossible to answer your question without knowing your brand/model number. And no, this is not anything I've ever heard about.

It's weird since you say the older play used to play no problem. What is your top Mbps top speed? And were you sure you were playing UHD then, or HD? The message seems to indicate not the player, but rather an internet speed issue (i.e. the newer 4K player perhaps trying to play the 4K version, but failing because speed not up to the task. And the original player perhaps playing, but in HD, most connections have been fast enough for about 6 years to play HD uninterrupted).
Old 03-29-2021, 03:51 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

I don't think this is film specific; for example Wall-E streams fine for me in UHD (watching it now).

It might have something to do with your internet speed, other streaming devices straining your network, the film encode/bit rate (for example maybe another network is more compressed), etc. I've had the same sort of issues with different films at times (seemingly random). When I had similar problems I was advised to look at how the router allocates bandwith (maybe your device doesn't get priority or higher speed pathway; maybe you need to up your speed, etc).
Old 03-29-2021, 04:06 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

These are some instructions I got from Vudu support when I reported a similar issue. It seems to be a more common problem on Samsung TVs. I have not had the issue lately, since upgrading my network speed (while decent the kids are each always playing Fortnight and/or streaming).

[Show spoiler]...The next step would be to set up a port forward with the assistance of your router's manufacturer.
The ports 843, 13207, 13217, 13227, 13237, 13247, 13257 are the specific ports required to be opened for Vudu. Some firewalls request a port range - in which the range from 13200 to 13299 needs to be set.
If these steps do not work, you can put the device (with the new IP address that we set) into a DMZ (which stands for Demilitarized Zone). Remember that the IP address that should have remained for your device is [I think specific to each device - can good how to find your IP]
To set a static IP and DNS:
You will need to find the section on your Network Settings of the desired device (some devices don't have the ability and).
Find the IP section of it and write down all the numbers you see in case an error is made so you can go back to the original settings.
Then, go to a manual setup and either add or subtract 25 to the last number of the IP address, also change the DNS to 8.8.8.8, if a secondary DNS is showing, make the secondary DNS match the same numbers as the Gateway numbers.
To finish, just save and apply the changes and unplug the device in question for 30 to 60 seconds and then plug it back
[They then suggested if the above doesn't work to try some test metrics and e-mail then, which I did and never really heard back from]
Thanks given by:
Ray Jackson (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 04:38 AM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
I don't think this is film specific; for example Wall-E streams fine for me in UHD (watching it now).

It might have something to do with your internet speed, other streaming devices straining your network, the film encode/bit rate (for example maybe another network is more compressed), etc. I've had the same sort of issues with different films at times (seemingly random). When I had similar problems I was advised to look at how the router allocates bandwith (maybe your device doesn't get priority or higher speed pathway; maybe you need to up your speed, etc).
Why would I get that message about Wall-E, but not Toy Story 4 or the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

...those are 4K codes that play fine on my new player.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:40 AM   #6
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
Impossible to answer your question without knowing your brand/model number. And no, this is not anything I've ever heard about.

It's weird since you say the older play used to play no problem. What is your top Mbps top speed? And were you sure you were playing UHD then, or HD? The message seems to indicate not the player, but rather an internet speed issue (i.e. the newer 4K player perhaps trying to play the 4K version, but failing because speed not up to the task. And the original player perhaps playing, but in HD, most connections have been fast enough for about 6 years to play HD uninterrupted).
I have a Sony UBP-X700.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:31 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Have you checked your MA account to verify that you do actually own it in 4k. If you redeemed the code in Vudu before they had it in 4k , you will only own streaming rights in HD.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Why would I get that message about Wall-E, but not Toy Story 4 or the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Possibly it is streaming from a different Vudu server, just a guess.
Movies not codes.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:08 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:

I'm not sure how to explain it but I can confirm there's nothing wrong with the Wall-E UHD stream on Vudu. I also redeemed a code and it works fine for me.

It may be that the encoding is different with Wall-E, that your signal strength varies and luck of timing failed when you tried to watch Wall-E but not LOTR, etc. There shouldn't be a consistent problem with only Wall-E.
Old 03-30-2021, 12:34 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Quote:
I have a Sony UBP-X700.
Sony devices usually do well, the X700 is almost 3 years old now, but does support Dolby Vision. If wireless that might account for a sudden drop in signal strength, if wired, not sure what the problem might be except your service. As Undeadcow points out above, there is no real reason Wall-E should be consistently problematic in and of itself. So a device and/or service issue.
Thanks given by:
Ray Jackson (03-30-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies