Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Coco (iTunes)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
American Horror Story, Season 1-9 (iTunes)
$49.99
1 day ago
Brightburn (iTunes)
$7.99
19 hrs ago
Overlord (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Preacher: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
1 day ago
World War Z (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Annihilation (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Event Horizon (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99
1 day ago
Night of the Creeps (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Dawn of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Dawn of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 10-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #461
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderAE View Post
Nope, not yet anyway. But more and more films have it listed in the languages section each day. It's no guarantee, but it is a notable road-marker.
It seems like an odd thing to do. To add something to the technical specs that the movies cannot do - and we know that it is not something that will go unnoticed

So is it just text - or is iTunes detecting an Atmos track that is not turned on?
Old 10-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #462
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Someone around these parts recently said it was automatically pulled from the files but I don't know how they know that, behind the scenes at iTunes is a mystery to me.
I've no doubt it goes unnoticed by almost everyone, those specs don't even display on every device.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #463
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematt View Post
Someone around these parts recently said it was automatically pulled from the files but I don't know how they know that, behind the scenes at iTunes is a mystery to me.
I've no doubt it goes unnoticed by almost everyone, those specs don't even display on every device.
Almost everyone

Bound to be a few that donít come to these forums that look and would expect it.

It is not a big deal but I just think it odd - especially since it started a week ago

As to the origin of the specs - when a movie gets removed or relisted that the language and audio specs disappear from the movie in the library and the video format gets changed to full screen even though the movie is widescreen. And Iím certain that I bought a Chinese movie that was supposed to be English dubbed but was not - or it was he other way around.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:41 PM   #464
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

edit - I think this is a false alarm, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!
Browsing the UK store I'm now seeing some 4K Pixar titles, but they're not ones I own so I can't check if they're actually playing that way.
I'm seeing
Toy Story 1+3 (2 still shows HD, as does 4 which is the only one I actually have on iTunes)
The Incredibles
Monsters Inc (DV only no Atmos, not University, which I own!)
Finding Nemo (not Dory, which I own)
Wall-e
Brave
The Good Dinosaur

edit again, it seems to be where I don't own a film and it is available on D+ in 4k it shows me the option to watch it when I search the iTunes Store on the ATV 4k, but where I do own the film it just shows me the version I own in iTunes when I hit play. I suppose it's trying to be useful where I don't own something and look for any other source? Weird that it prioritises its own lower res content.

Last edited by Cinematt; 10-24-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:08 PM   #465
Special Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Browsing the UK store I'm now seeing some 4K Pixar titles, but they're not ones I own so I can't check if they're actually playing that way.
I'm seeing
Toy Story 1+3 (2 still shows HD, as does 4 which is the only one I actually have on iTunes)
The Incredibles
Wall-e
Brave
The Good Dinosaur

edit again, it seems to be where I don't own a film and it is available on D+ in 4k it shows me the option to watch it when I search the iTunes Store on the ATV 4k, but where I do own the film it just shows me the version I own in iTunes when I hit play. I suppose it's trying to be useful where I don't own something and look for any other source? Weird that it prioritises its own lower res content.
The TV app first prioritises what you own, if you donít own it then links content to any apps you have installed that are linked to the TV app, if you have no apps then it will just give you the option to buy.
Thanks given by:
Yaristaman (Yesterday)
Old 10-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #466
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
The TV app first prioritises what you own, if you don’t own it then links content to any apps you have installed that are linked to the TV app, if you have no apps then it will just give you the option to buy.
Not sure how I'd never noticed before! I guess it's only Disney where the best version isn't the version I own.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:51 PM   #467
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
I'm seeing
The Incredibles
Wall-e
Brave
The Good Dinosaur

Iím not seeing any 4K tags
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes