Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Star Trek: The Next Generation… $24.49 (2 hours left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$79.93

Shazam/Aquaman 2-Film Bundle (iTunes)
$24.99

Legend (iTunes)
$4.99
7 hrs ago
Westworld: Season 1-2 (iTunes)
$24.99

Us (iTunes)
$12.99

Justice League / Batman v Superman (iTunes)
$24.99

Alien 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Star Trek 3-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Aquaman (iTunes)
$9.99

The Big Bang Theory, Seasons 1-12 (iTunes)
$99.99

Top Gun (iTunes)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 03-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #1

Oct 2015
Default Whatís the point of ultraviolet?

Some recent movies Iíve bought only come with a UV code, seems Iíve gotten a few WB films lately and for some reason they donít play nice with iTunes. So I opened up a UV account, redeemed all my codes in Flixster and the WB app etc. And have found that those services are powerfully weak.

First off here in Canada there is almost zero way to watch them on my actual tv. There are no apps for Canadians to do so. And mostly it looks designed to be used on mobile only. When I attempt to play them I have no idea what quality itís in as I read conflicting info on what ďHDĒ means (some say itís 720). Not to mention two of my movies show up in SD only.

Whereas in my iTunes collection I can watch them all flawlessly on my Apple TV. The audio isnít the best, and Iíve read UV is capable of HQ audio, but good lord how?

It seems like a hackneyed ďme tooĒ approach, with absolutely zero of the quality of iTunes. Does anyone use it? If so, how?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

UltraViolet is being phased out for the new Movies Anywhere platform. Read this forum for more details.
Thanks given by:
onyx527 (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #3

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
UltraViolet is being phased out for the new Movies Anywhere platform. Read this forum for more details.

MA, for whatever reason, is still US-only, though. Sure he could spoof his way into setting up an account and getting his UV stuff there, but I don't think his Canadian iTunes account would play nice with it just yet.

My suggestion at this point in time to the OP is to find a way to set up an US iTunes account, a Vudu account and an Movies Anywhere account, and link all that stuff up so you can have a way to watch stuff on your Apple TV in the short term.

Last edited by twentythird; 03-22-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Thanks given by:
onyx527 (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx527 View Post
Some recent movies I’ve bought only come with a UV code, seems I’ve gotten a few WB films lately and for some reason they don’t play nice with iTunes. So I opened up a UV account, redeemed all my codes in Flixster and the WB app etc. And have found that those services are powerfully weak.

First off here in Canada there is almost zero way to watch them on my actual tv. There are no apps for Canadians to do so. And mostly it looks designed to be used on mobile only. When I attempt to play them I have no idea what quality it’s in as I read conflicting info on what “HD” means (some say it’s 720). Not to mention two of my movies show up in SD only.

Whereas in my iTunes collection I can watch them all flawlessly on my Apple TV. The audio isn’t the best, and I’ve read UV is capable of HQ audio, but good lord how?

It seems like a hackneyed “me too” approach, with absolutely zero of the quality of iTunes. Does anyone use it? If so, how?
I think you are a little behind the times.

Here in the USA, before Movies Anywhere was recently introduced, us U.S. iTunes users had no way of redeeming codes from many blu-ray releases for several years. Sony, WB for example were only watchable on Vudu/Flixster via UV redemption.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #5

Oct 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentythird View Post
MA, for whatever reason, is still US-only, though. Sure he could spoof his way into setting up an account and getting his UV stuff there, but I don't think his Canadian iTunes account would play nice with it just yet.

My suggestion at this point in time to the OP is to find a way to set up an US iTunes account, a Vudu account and an Movies Anywhere account, and link all that stuff up so you can have a way to watch stuff on your Apple TV in the short term.
Iíve considered that but then you have to set up a VPN etc. Just very complicated for a service I wonít use much. I still primarily watch via BR disk. Hopefully they come up with a Canadian solution. Iíve always felt we should be considered USA for things like this.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #6

Feb 2018
-

Quote:
Iíve considered that but then you have to set up a VPN etc. Just very complicated for a service I wonít use much. I still primarily watch via BR disk. Hopefully they come up with a Canadian solution. Iíve always felt we should be considered USA for things like this.
You don't need any vpn to play movie on an apple tv ( usa account)

You may need a vpn ( hola, tunnel bear) to redeem usa code.

I was not able to create an account on movies anywhere with a vpn. I went on a little trip to usa to create an account in a mcdonalds with a tablet.

Create an account to vudu, amazon.com, google play movies and itunes usa... link it to your uv acccount

you are all set after that.
Thanks given by:
onyx527 (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #7

Oct 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessetmath View Post
You don't need any vpn to play movie on an apple tv ( usa account)

You may need a vpn ( hola, tunnel bear) to redeem usa code.

I was not able to create an account on movies anywhere with a vpn. I went on a little trip to usa to create an account in a mcdonalds with a tablet.

Create an account to vudu, amazon.com, google play movies and itunes usa... link it to your uv acccount

you are all set after that.
Ohhh I see well thatís interesting. After that if I sign into my USA iTunes account on my Apple TV at home would I be able to use the movies anywhere app?
Old 03-22-2018, 10:40 PM   #8

Jul 2011

Quote:
Ohhh I see well thatís interesting. After that if I sign into my USA iTunes account on my Apple TV at home would I be able to use the movies anywhere app?

I don't know if the ATV app does this too, but on iPhone it does a region check when you first log into the app. Once you get logged in, it should very rarely bug you again. Same for Vudu.

But if you have linked your iTunes to Movies Anywhere, you can just go into your regular library app and it's all there, region-free. You actually don't even need to ever put the MA app on your Apple TV.

Last edited by twentythird; 03-22-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Thanks given by:
onyx527 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #9

Feb 2018
-

Quote:
You don t need a vpn after creating account in the usa. For me, i purchase codes from facebook, google group, bluray forum etc... after newer fox redeem with movies anywhere. I enter the code on my laptop on moviesanywhere website and its goes immediately on my apple tv (usa account)

Canadian sony codes like jumanji i go to sonystore redeem (canadian) and my uv account is connected... will port directly to my apple tv...

warner bros canadian code like justice league... I go to flixster canada... redeem code an port directly to apple tv...

etc...
Old 03-22-2018, 10:59 PM   #10

Feb 2018
-

I forget to mention...

I tried 2 movies purchase from google play canada.

Twister and The NeverEnding Story 5.99 $ each canadian....

and they port to itunes usa and moviesanywhere....
Thanks given by:
onyx527 (03-23-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies