Best iTunes Movie Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: George Carlin Commemorative Co… $36.49 (84% claimed)
Prime: The Marx Brothers Silver Scree… $14.99 (3 hours left)
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (69% claimed)
Prime: Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate… $49.99 (49% claimed)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (45% claimed)
Prime: Blue Planet II 4K $22.89 (2 hours left)
Prime: Back to the Future: 30th Anniv… $14.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: The Bourne Ultimate Collection… $19.99 (8 hours left)
Prime: Spice & Wolf: Anime Classics C… $24.59 (4 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collec… $26.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Shin Godzilla $14.39 (3 hours left)
Prime: The Fifth Element 4K (20th Ann… $15.99 (24% claimed)
Prime: Serenity 4K $11.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 4K (2… $29.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Fighting with My Family (Direc… $12.99 (7 hours left)
Prime: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle $10.00 (4 hours left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$79.93
14 hrs ago
Shazam/Aquaman 2-Film Bundle (iTunes)
$24.99
14 hrs ago
Westworld: Season 1-2 (iTunes)
$24.99

Star Trek 3-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory, Seasons 1-12 (iTunes)
$99.99

Alien 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
Doctor Who, New Year's Day Special: Resolution 2019 (iTunes)
$2.99
3 hrs ago
Justice League / Batman v Superman (iTunes)
$24.99
14 hrs ago
Aquaman (iTunes)
$9.99
14 hrs ago
Best Of The 90ís (iTunes)
$19.99

Us (iTunes)
$12.99
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 06-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Expert Member

Dec 2006
Default VUDU customer service is a JOKE

Had the pleasure to spend an hour on the phone in regards to The Last Exorcism 2 not being UV enabled on VUDU let alone having a redemption link live at the time.

Was told the following in escalating fashion..... with my responses in bold.

The Last Exorcism 2 is not an UV title. (It is an UV title and carries the logo on the main UV site).

VUDU does not have an agreement with Sony to carry the UV version. (Not true, because I had just gotten off the phone with Sony UV support who even as a courtesy added the regular edition as I had the extended edition to ensure it was not a problem with Vudu only having the regular edition avaialble.)

VUDU will not manually add the title to my account because I redeemed through Flixster. (Well DUH!!!! Because when i tried to redeem the VUDU link provided by Sony, your site link was MIA!!!!! So I used the Flixster link!. Can you please add the title to my VUDU library now that you know it is indeed an UV title)

VUDU can not manually add titles to your account because the studios don't allow us to. (BS.... Flixster has done it a few times for me when there were UV compatability issues between providers.)

My supervisor says we can't do it because if we add the title to your account, we still have to pay the studio a licensing fee for every movie added. (What is the cost, I'll gladly pay the fee myself if it means getting this issue resolved).

Finally a supervisor was willing to talk to me who then informed me the "content team" was in contact with Sony trying to correct the issue. (Thank you for your response. However, if the customer service rep just told me this from the beginning, I would not have had to waste an hour being given incorrect information or blatant untruths in regards to the issue).
Old 06-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #2

Sep 2009
Oklahoma

Sometimes these issues are best brought up in the Vudu forums. It seems the Vudu employees that monitor the forums are more aware of how to fix issues like these.

Like you I redeemed this on the Sony site, shows up in all my UV linked accounts except for Vudu.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #3

Sep 2010

I think that VUDU is having licensing issued with all Sony titles starting last week.

Last edited by jgiovanni; 06-19-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #4
Special Member

Feb 2013
The US of A

I agree they're a joke. They're almost as bad as cinemanow, almost.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #5
Expert Member

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedUp View Post
I agree they're a joke. They're almost as bad as cinemanow, almost.
At least with me, CinemaNow has been very helpful. I had a handful of UV compatibility issues where movies were labeled as UV on their site that i redeemed through cinemanow, but were not showing up in my UV locker. They quickly sent me codes for three free HD movie purchases. In addition, I mistakenly had two cinema now accounts without knowing it. When they closed the old one that only had one movie in it.... they still sent me another courtesy code for an HD movie redemption to add another title to my other "main" account.

Obviously, everyone's experiences differ depending on the CS rep you wind up with, but I've also had extremely positive experiences multiple times with both Flixster and SonyUV support when I've had redemption issues, SD/HD issues and missing codes issues in the past.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #6

May 2013
Default Well now I feel better

I had the exact same situation tonight with LE2. My guy said that probably within a week it would be on Vudu for me. No guarantees but probably. The first guy just basically told me tough luck it would be Flixster only. The second guy at least noted it was a problem. I am going to call again.

OK, so the 3rd call was with a much more kind and informative person but still gave me no good news. Call back in 3-5 days, the case is escalated.

Last edited by Sarahroo; 06-19-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: update on 3rd call
Old 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

From my experiences, the VUDU customer service reps aren't very helpful. I get the feeling that the customer service reps are either poorly trained or given no power to solve problems.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
Special Member

Feb 2013
The US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahroo View Post
I had the exact same situation tonight with LE2. My guy said that probably within a week it would be on Vudu for me. No guarantees but probably. The first guy just basically told me tough luck it would be Flixster only. The second guy at least noted it was a problem. I am going to call again.

OK, so the 3rd call was with a much more kind and informative person but still gave me no good news. Call back in 3-5 days, the case is escalated.
Yeah Sony said to contact Vudu as it was out of their hands even tho I redeemed from sonypictures, not vudu.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Power Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Um, yeah, their customer service is awful and the site errors are out of hand. They are terrible with follow-up, take forever to fix an issue and don't even read what you submit at least 50% of the time and instead reply with a cut and paste response that in no way addresses the actual issue.

Within the last month alone I had these issues and probably more that I have already forgotten about:

Last Exorcism 2 won't transfer in or out as UV should

Jack and Giant Slayer gives "failed to create promo" error message initially but repeated attempts finally get it redeemed

Absolute Deception (another sony) won't transfer it or out as UV should

12 rounds vudu exclusive code redeemed for 12 rounds 2 instead - 10+ days to resolve

Lego Star Wars Padawan Menace vudu exclusive code won't redeem at all

Codes for WWE single event vudu exclusive were cut off for redemption a full 3 months in advance of the printed expiration date

Ring of Fire night 1 & night 2 vudu exclusive failed to redeem or even give an error message (finally fixed last night)

Dragon Pearl vudu exclusive fails to redeem or even give an error message

Deep in the Heart vudu exclusive fails to redeem or even give an error message - 2+ weeks to resolve

Space Warriors vudu exclusive fails to redeem - fixed in record time of under 5 days

Codes for the following titles are mostly applied to the incorrect packages and there is no way to tell what you will get when you try to redeem for the most part: double feature weather wars/Miami Magma; triple feature salvage/memory/mortuary; driven to Kill.

On any of those packages, you will likely get a code that redeems for one of the other titles listed instead of for your own.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #10

Dec 2012
Skol Country
Default Last Exorcism 2

heres what they told me about Last Exorcism 2
Hello Mr. Frost,
I was able to verify that this title is in your UltraViolet account and that you redeemed it through Sony Pictures. It may be that Sony Pictures has exclusive UltraViolet rights at this time, or just that the studio was hesitant to give VUDU both rental/purchasing and UltraViolet rights at this time. Either way, unfortunately it is ultimately the Movie Studios decision to make and there is nothing that we can do about it at this time. We do apologize for the inconvenience. This could change in the future, so keep an eye out in your account for the title. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Warm regards,

Amanda B.
VUDU Customer Care
1-888-554-VUDU (8838)
Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #11

May 2013
Puerto Rico

I redeemed my UV code for Last Exorcism Part II just an hour ago on vudu. Check it out

Last edited by Maui; 06-19-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiovanni View Post
I think that VUDU is having licensing issued with all Sony titles starting last week.
Correct.

Just because something is UV-enabled doesn't mean it will show up through all services that support UV. There are often licensing issues that can rear their ugly heads. For instance, I have a handful of UV-enabled titles that show up in Vudu, but don't show up in Flixster. Also, UV-enabled HBO titles show up in Flixster, but not in Vudu (HBO has a separate agreement with Vudu). And sometimes, due to these licensing issues, a title can be there one day and then gone the next. Very annoying.

This is one of the biggest problems with UV. It could be the end-all digital copy/streaming service, but it's so fragmented, and at times complicated for some users, to do so right now. All of the studios just need to get their ducks in the same row and sign off on something centralized. It won't happen anywhere in the near future (if at all), but it really could solve a ton of issues.

So, to the OP, while Vudu's customer service is clearly lacking much of the time, not everything they told you was incorrect. I love the idea of UV, but it really is a jumbled mess quite often, and most of that mess often falls on the studios.

Last edited by bsweetness; 06-19-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #13
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiovanni View Post
I redeemed Here Comes the Boom on Sony's site last night and it transferred to Vudu without issue. The most kinks seem to be with new releases during their initial release week.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #14

Feb 2009

The Last Exorcism 2 now has an UV logo on it at VUDU.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #15

Jul 2008

Has anyone redeemed Adventure Time seasons 1 & 2. I had to redeem through Flixter (the titles would'nt even show up in the redemption pull down) and now they do not show on Vudu.

Could this be a Flixter "exclusive"?

I'm not sure it's even worth bringing up to customer service.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
Has anyone redeemed Adventure Time seasons 1 & 2. I had to redeem through Flixter (the titles would'nt even show up in the redemption pull down) and now they do not show on Vudu.

Yeah, that's one of a number of TV shows that are only available on Flixster.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #17

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Yeah, that's one of a number of TV shows that are only available on Flixster.
I guess I should have looked into it before buying. Lesson learned.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #18
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post

Many of the television shows distributed by Warner only redeem over at the worthless Flixster service. VUDU rarely holds the UV rights to them and so the digital copy redeemed on Flixster is largely worthless.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:57 AM   #19

Jul 2008

That stinks. I just assumed since it shows up in my UV collection, it would appear on Vudu as well.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #20

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Many of the television shows distributed by Warner only redeem over at the worthless Flixster service. VUDU rarely holds the UV rights to them and so the digital copy redeemed on Flixster is largely worthless.
Not to take things off topic, but do even Flixster TV shows not show up on their XBOX 360 app? I tried to watch some shows like person of interest and strike back, but they did not appear in my library on the 360 app
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies