Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93
 
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99
 
Local Hero (Blu-ray)
$30.37
6 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Men in Black: International 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
19 hrs ago
The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$30.38
 
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69
 
Conjuring Universe Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.48
 
Polyester (Blu-ray)
$27.37
 
Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2018, 04:19 AM   #1
renegadeviking renegadeviking is offline
Active Member
 
renegadeviking's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Wisconsin
64
1297
627
Default Sonic X tv series

Does anyone want to see Discotek release this on Bluray? To buy 3 seasons would be $95. I guess this is significant because Sonic The Hedgehog Universe is drawn like this in 2018.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:45 AM   #2
The Snowy Owl The Snowy Owl is offline
Special Member
 
The Snowy Owl's Avatar
 
Feb 2017
Texas
9
412
81
381
12
Default

I know a lot might not be a big fan of this one, but I loved it, played many of the games from this period, too. Sonic Heroes was fun.

Would you like to see Sonic Underground? I would!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:43 AM   #3
renegadeviking renegadeviking is offline
Active Member
 
renegadeviking's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Wisconsin
64
1297
627
Default

They could do 480p mode Bluray and make it affordable. $95 for a 3 seasons of Sonic X are expensive. I own 3 seasons of Sonic X on DVD. I was interested in the "Sonic Adventure arc" in Sonic X. I know Sonic Underground is the American version of Sonic, nothing wrong with that. Sonic Boom was alright.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:03 AM   #4
The Snowy Owl The Snowy Owl is offline
Special Member
 
The Snowy Owl's Avatar
 
Feb 2017
Texas
9
412
81
381
12
Default

Sonic Underground was the one with his cousins or whatever they were, the musical one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:39 AM   #5
renegadeviking renegadeviking is offline
Active Member
 
renegadeviking's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Wisconsin
64
1297
627
Default

But Sonic isn't drawn like Sonic Underground in the 2018 era videogames so it's less important. Think Sonic Boom is also more relevant because its drawn like this around 2018 (Wii U, 3DS).
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:22 AM   #6
benjizerodevos benjizerodevos is offline
New Member
 
Aug 2018
Default

I wonder why they never had Sonic X or Sonic The Hedgehog on Blu Rays when they still can sell the DVDs?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #7
Wildcat2000 Wildcat2000 is online now
Expert Member
 
Wildcat2000's Avatar
 
Jan 2017
USA
3
Default

I didn’t like Sonic X very much when it aired but it’s been so long I might feel different now.

I would like Underground but it was cut short. Maybe bundle it with SatAM as a blu ray collection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:57 AM   #8
Mikezilla3k Mikezilla3k is offline
Expert Member
 
Mikezilla3k's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
Richmond, CA
41
183
10
2
Default

SDBD set announced for May 28th. No Japanese version unfortunately.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
renegadeviking renegadeviking is offline
Active Member
 
renegadeviking's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Wisconsin
64
1297
627
Default

Great. Some kid would like that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:29 AM   #10
TigerManBlu-ray TigerManBlu-ray is offline
Active Member
 
TigerManBlu-ray's Avatar
 
May 2018
23
14
1
Default

Shame the series didn't prepare for HD. SD on BD what is the point? I'll be getting it because I haven't seen barely any of it just clips of it on the parody Sonic F on YouTube (video clips technically due to being a parody) and it will be cheap compared to the DVDs. The only good thing putting SD on BD is way less compression than DVD. Also No Japanese soundtrack?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:33 AM   #11
TigerManBlu-ray TigerManBlu-ray is offline
Active Member
 
TigerManBlu-ray's Avatar
 
May 2018
23
14
1
Default

By the way, would the SatAM series and Adventures be on video or film? Maybe Underground too? Hopefully film as the SatAM in just better than X. Boom is better than X though and we're finally getting a release of that series yet DVD only.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:19 AM   #12
Nailwraps Nailwraps is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jun 2012
USA
3
564
1465
Default

The first DiC cartoons were shot on film, but edited on tape. Sonic Underground was digital, edited on tape.

Now that you say, maybe not getting the Japanese versions is a silver lining because if we do want them on Blu-ray, they'll go to the digital sources that time and present that version in full HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:44 PM   #13
TigerManBlu-ray TigerManBlu-ray is offline
Active Member
 
TigerManBlu-ray's Avatar
 
May 2018
23
14
1
Default

And I assume the film elements no longer exist?
Also they probably don't have the rights to the Japanese original series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:48 AM   #14
morphinapg morphinapg is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2013
84
531
8
10
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
The first DiC cartoons were shot on film, but edited on tape. Sonic Underground was digital, edited on tape.

Now that you say, maybe not getting the Japanese versions is a silver lining because if we do want them on Blu-ray, they'll go to the digital sources that time and present that version in full HD.
There is no HD version of Sonic X. It's not possible.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BenPaz (04-14-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 03:15 PM   #15
hewylewis hewylewis is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2011
Default

You think Discotek will provide a new English dub for this release?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #16
professorwho professorwho is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
professorwho's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA
5
196
62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewylewis View Post
You think Discotek will provide a new English dub for this release?


No. It’s the same one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #17
hewylewis hewylewis is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post


No. It’s the same one.
How do you know?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:13 AM   #18
Mikezilla3k Mikezilla3k is offline
Expert Member
 
Mikezilla3k's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
Richmond, CA
41
183
10
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewylewis View Post
How do you know?
Because they said so.
https://twitter.com/ashuraou/status/1109210519871909888
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:30 PM   #19
ThomasFMaher ThomasFMaher is offline
Active Member
 
ThomasFMaher's Avatar
 
Jan 2018
67
199
4
2
Default

Anyone pick this up? They seem to be out of stock everywhere
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:05 PM   #20
morphinapg morphinapg is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2013
84
531
8
10
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasFMaher View Post
Anyone pick this up? They seem to be out of stock everywhere
I preordered at the rightstufanime link posted earlier in this thread and my order still hasn't shipped
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:33 AM.