Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Everything Everywhere All at Once 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
Top Gun: Maverick 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
6 hrs ago
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Untouchables 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.98
1 day ago
True Romance 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
1 day ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

True Romance (Blu-ray)
$27.10
16 hrs ago
The Boys: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

The Evil Dead Groovy Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.48

My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission (Blu-ray)
$19.96
1 day ago
Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #13001
Special Member

Mar 2010

As long as you're getting "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" Any chance for an upgraded "The Great Escape" the original Blu-ray left much to be desired
Old 03-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #13002
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2013
At the end of a Cape

Mr. Lime, on this St. Patrick's Day, I was wondering if you could respond about my interest in the possibility of several Ireland-related films being released in the future by Kino?

*The Van - directed by Stephen Frears, soundtrack by Eric Clapton, starring Colm Meaney. Part of author Roddy Doyle's Rabbitte family Barrytown Trilogy which also includes the story The Commitments (novel and film) - The Van never received a DVD release in North American to my knowledge

*The Snapper (the 3rd part of the Barrytown Trilogy)

*Cal - 1984 film based on the Northern Ireland troubles starring Helen Mirren and soundtrack by Mark Knopfler. I do not believe it ever received a DVD release in North America.

*Hear My Song - 1991 film co-starring Ned Beatty. Released as a burned on demand DVD in recent years.

*Circle of Friends - 1995 film starring Chris O'Donnell, Minnie Driver and Colin Firth. Only received a pan and scan DVD release here in the states.

Thank you!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #13003
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Coming May 16th!
Brand New Restorations!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

THE BLUE RACER (1972-1974) - 17 Cartoons

Special Features:
• Two documentaries by Greg Ford and William Hohauser: “DePatie-Freleng’s Range Rovers” and “Art for Art’s Sake” (a tribute to brilliant DePatie-Freleng multi-hyphenate Art Leonardi), featuring Mark Arnold, Jerry Beck, Barbara Donatelli, Will Friedwald, Art Leonardi and layout artist Martin Strudler.
• Audio commentaries for selected films by author Mark Arnold, cartoon director Bob Balser (archival audio), animation historian Jerry Beck, filmmaker Greg Ford and cartoon writer William Hohauser.

738329195021.jpg
Thanks given by:
drak b (03-18-2017), Drifter (03-17-2017), hagios (03-18-2017), I KEEL YOU (03-18-2017), Jobla (03-17-2017), Nailwraps (03-18-2017), oildude (03-17-2017), solovoyager (03-17-2017), spargs (03-17-2017), Vintrus (06-30-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #13004

Feb 2017
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by solovoyager View Post
Mr. Lime, on this St. Patrick's Day, I was wondering if you could respond about my interest in the possibility of several Ireland-related films being released in the future by Kino?

*The Van - directed by Stephen Frears, soundtrack by Eric Clapton, starring Colm Meaney. Part of author Roddy Doyle's Rabbitte family Barrytown Trilogy which also includes the story The Commitments (novel and film) - The Van never received a DVD release in North American to my knowledge

*Cal - 1984 film based on the Northern Ireland troubles starring Helen Mirren and soundtrack by Mark Knopfler. I do not believe it ever received a DVD release in North America.

*Hear My Song - 1991 film co-starring Ned Beatty. Released as a burned on demand DVD in recent years.

*Circle of Friends - 1995 film starring Chris O'Donnell, Minnie Driver and Colin Firth. Only received a pan and scan DVD release here in the states.

Thank you!
Ooh, I would love to see Blu-ray releases of The Snapper and The Van--yes, the latter never received an R1 DVD release here in North America. I don't know who owns the rights to The Van, but I think The Snapper is still with Miramax?

Last edited by C. Roundtree; 03-17-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-17-2017, 09:59 PM   #13005
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Quote:

The Van - The Snapper - Cal - Hear My Song - Circle of Friends

Thank you!
Sorry, but I doubt any of these will be released by KL anytime soon.
Thanks given by:
solovoyager (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 10:02 PM   #13006
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicguy View Post
As long as you're getting "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" Any chance for an upgraded "The Great Escape" the original Blu-ray left much to be desired
it's with another label.
Thanks given by:
BarnDoor (03-18-2017), easydreamer (03-18-2017), nitin (03-18-2017), spargs (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #13007

Feb 2017
Canada

Mr. Lime, is there any timetable in which you'll announce the remaining MGM TV show that is being remastered for Blu-ray? I'm really hoping it's The Outer Limits (1963-65), but I know you probably can't say which TV show is coming. Yet.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:17 PM   #13008
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I doubt you'd want to comment, but it was interesting hearing a Twilight Time rep say that studios are raising licensing costs way too high across the board lately. You guys seem to be accruing licenses without much trouble.
I think they were used to getting stuff on the cheaper side and now they're being asked market prices.
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (03-18-2017), John_Drake (03-18-2017), nitin (03-18-2017), StingingVelvet (03-18-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 10:17 PM   #13009
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe the studios think there is still a profitable market for physical media
It's getting tougher and tougher every day.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #13010
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Roundtree View Post
Mr. Lime, is there any timetable in which you'll announce the remaining MGM TV show that is being remastered for Blu-ray? I'm really hoping it's The Outer Limits (1963-65), but I know you probably can't say which TV show is coming. Yet.
We need to remaster the show first, so the early announcements will just create months of angry followup posts by impatient fans of the show. We also have 2 CBS shows, one will be remastered in HD, the other will only be released on DVD.
Thanks given by:
kidglov3s (03-19-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 10:24 PM   #13011
Special Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterLime View Post
It's getting tougher and tougher every day.
They industry will never see sales like they did when DVD was launched, but even if sales go back to what they were for VHS that may not be so bad. Kids are buying vinyl records again so you never know
Old 03-17-2017, 10:28 PM   #13012

Feb 2017
Canada

Quote:
We need to remaster the show first, so the early announcements will just create months of angry followup posts by impatient fans of the show. We also have 2 CBS shows, one will be remastered in HD, the other will only be released on DVD.
Thanks for the quick reply! I totally understand. Some people don't realize that proper remastering work takes time, but the end result is usually very much worth the wait. IF it is The Outer Limits, I am more than happy to wait--the DVDs are fine, but Conrad Hall's cinematography needs the HD touch.

My curiosity is very piqued for the two CBS shows (it would be too good to be true if one of them was a complete release of One Step Beyond )!
Old 03-17-2017, 11:26 PM   #13013
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2013
At the end of a Cape

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Roundtree View Post
Ooh, I would love to see Blu-ray releases of The Snapper and The Van--yes, the latter never received an R1 DVD release here in North America. I don't know who owns the rights to The Van, but I think The Snapper is still with Miramax?
The Van was released by 20th Century Fox so I assume they still hold the rights. It can be bought in HD digitally it appears. And yes, looks like The Snapper is with Miramax.

I might be throwing my VHS copy of The Van into my VCR tonight for a St. Patty's Day viewing. Been awhile since I watched a VHS.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:42 PM   #13014
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008

Do you think the rights issues with Spielberg's Something Evil are resolvable? Would love to see it in good quality
Thanks given by:
spawningblue (03-18-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #13015
Banned

Jul 2013

Quote:
Wiseguy would be great. Unlikely but still great.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #13016
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2013

Wiseguy's with the Stephen J. Cannell estate. And there are music rights issues in one of the story arcs that's led it to remain incomplete on home video.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:22 AM   #13017
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2013

Quote:

Thank you!
The best bet for Circle of Friends is Shout Factory. It's with Universal now and Shout's been putting out some of the Savoy (non-Rysher titles, that is) titles lately. However, it seems low-priority compared to Serial Mom or Tales from the Hood despite the quality cast.

Another Savoy title that's in a similar boat is Shadowlands. It would seem like a sure bet for Shout based on the cast, director, and subject but it probably wouldn't sell as many units as say, No Escape (another unavailable Savoy title most likely in Universal's hands).
Thanks given by:
solovoyager (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 01:01 AM   #13018
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Quote:
They industry will never see sales like they did when DVD was launched, but even if sales go back to what they were for VHS that may not be so bad. Kids are buying vinyl records again so you never know
But VHS titles did not sell for pennies and classics were not offered for $5 by the studios, I paid $5 for a double feature of Ben-Hur and Ten Commandment, on 2 discs fully loaded with extras. Also, there was a rental market to lean on, when a new title got released, we had the thing called rental prices, new VHS releases cost $80 to $110 and only were discounted to $20 to $30 prices after 6-9 months window and some never came down.

Last edited by MisterLime; 03-18-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:02 AM   #13019
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
Do you think the rights issues with Spielberg's Something Evil are resolvable? Would love to see it in good quality
No.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:04 AM   #13020
Kino Insider

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscemi View Post
The best bet for Circle of Friends is Shout Factory. It's with Universal now and Shout's been putting out some of the Savoy (non-Rysher titles, that is) titles lately. However, it seems low-priority compared to Serial Mom or Tales from the Hood despite the quality cast.

Another Savoy title that's in a similar boat is Shadowlands. It would seem like a sure bet for Shout based on the cast, director, and subject but it probably wouldn't sell as many units as say, No Escape (another unavailable Savoy title most likely in Universal's hands).
Yes, because they've released so many heartwarming dramas
Thanks given by:
AKORIS (03-18-2017), bogeyfan1980 (03-18-2017), DvdClon (03-18-2017), jayembee (03-18-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors