Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
San Andreas 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.86

Point Break 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.82

Kong: Skull Island 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$51.49

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Monsters, Inc. 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.49
6 hrs ago
The Best of The Little Rascals in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

It Came from Outer Space 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Fascination Coral Reef 3D: Mysterious Worlds Underwater (Blu-ray)
$12.99
6 hrs ago
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.47

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 02-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #621

Sep 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Cool to hear you enjoyed the 3D. Spectacular? For the whole film, or just the stronger 3D during action scenes as I've heard, with other scenes being more mild? Thanks.

Will be watching it in 3D soon enough. When I went to see it in theaters, unfortunately, the 1 3D show was at a terrible time later at night, so I only saw it in 2D, but was surprisingly entertained by the film, even with its flaws.
It did ramp up during the action scenes, but I thought the 3-D was very good throughout, a nicely rounded and layered conversion for the most part. There were definitely plenty of strong 3-D shots away from the fights/chases, as well as the usual milder ones for talking heads. If you already liked the film flat, Zivouhr, you'll love this version.
Thanks given by:
levcore (02-18-2019), Zivouhr (02-18-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #622

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
It did ramp up during the action scenes, but I thought the 3-D was very good throughout, a nicely rounded and layered conversion for the most part. There were definitely plenty of strong 3-D shots away from the fights/chases, as well as the usual milder ones for talking heads. If you already liked the film flat, Zivouhr, you'll love this version.
Watched this last nite. The 3D was indeed spectacular athough I thought the colors were off half the time (too bright/contrast-boost) and sometimes, even softer-looking relative to other 3D discs - but the depth was great of course and the action sequences were spectacular. I watched the Spanish steelbook version btw.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (02-18-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #623

Nov 2010
Miami, FL

So what exactly is this Auro 3D the German version is supposed to have? And does it actually have it? I was going to buy the Spanish version until I saw this mentioned here.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:01 AM   #624
Expert Member

Nov 2017

It doesn't look like it has it. Maybe someone had their head up their butt that wrote that it did on the main site's page for the German 2D version. I have no idea who fills those pages out and where they get their information.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:18 AM   #625
Power Member

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonMagnum View Post
It doesn't look like it has it. Maybe someone had their head up their butt that wrote that it did on the main site's page for the German 2D version. I have no idea who fills those pages out and where they get their information.
The info came from this site https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/121631-venom_2018 initially it had auro 3D listed but it does not anymore.

Last edited by BLMN; 02-18-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:21 AM   #626
Expert Member

Nov 2017

I think Sony's contract with Auro Technologies required 10 movies on Blu-Ray or UHD Blu-Ray. Unless I counted wrong, they still owe them one more release so I figured it made sense Venom would be it. Who knows now.... I guess if I want immersive for the 3D, I have to buy the 4K disc to get Atmos now instead. I just watched Flatliners in Auro-3D last night. I was pretty happy with it. It had crazy amount of ceiling speaker use for a psychological thriller (a quick compare of the free digital copy from iTunes with Atmos showed "similar" levels, although I think they imaged a bit differently). I wish more movies would crank the ceiling speakers up to the levels of the other surrounds. Too many mixes are timid.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:47 AM   #627
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
Cool! Thanks Mercury Seven. Can't wait to watch this again now soon enough. Yes, the movie was surprisingly entertaining. It didn't have me onboard until the humor kicked in with Venom and Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock and then those fun action scenes. Then the movie took on a fun mood from that point forward. Before that though, I was not convinced he was a TV News Reporter at all, due to his sloppier, half-hazard approach to things in the story.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 AM   #628
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Glad you're all getting to appreciate this fun movie in 3D at home now. Very entertaining movie with great VFX and 3D.
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #629

Jul 2016

Finally got the 3D and 4K versions of Venom. These are the Nordic editions.

For some reason the 2D blu-rays have different artwork, even that they have the same identification number.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Venom3D4K.jpg (93.1 KB, 20 views)
Thanks given by:
levcore (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #630
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2011
Dryland

I really want to check out the 4K version.
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #631

Dec 2012

Apologies if I missed this already but can anyone confirm if the German Venom 3D disc is region free?...it says Region B on the site.
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM   #632

Jan 2019

I got it from Germany and its in a cheap crappy thin case, are blu rays always like this in Germany?
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #633

Sep 2014
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoons10696 View Post
Apologies if I missed this already but can anyone confirm if the German Venom 3D disc is region free?...it says Region B on the site.
It says A,B,C on the case and discs. I switched my player to A just to be sure and it still played fine.
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #634
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoons10696 View Post
That information is in the thread title. If there were any confirmed region locked versions, that would also be reflected in the thread title.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (Today)
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #635
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzaNC View Post
I got it from Germany and its in a cheap crappy thin case, are blu rays always like this in Germany?
When I order Blu Rays from the US they always come in those cheap crappy thin eco cases.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
3-d, sony, tom hardy, venom, villain