Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$19.99

Borderlands 3 (PS4)
$69.99

Borderlands 3 (PS4)
$34.99

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4)
$59.88

Samurai Shodown (PS4)
$29.99

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4)
$49.94

Need for Speed Heat (PS4)
$39.88

WWE 2K20 (PS4)
$63.97

Code Vein (PS4)
$37.18

eFootball PES 2020 (PS4)
$36.97

MediEvil (PS4)
$19.99

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4)
$26.90

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 12-05-2019, 12:44 AM   #681
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetieMan View Post
Finally got Platinum trophy last night.

Took me 160+ hours.

I ended up with excess of 160-Legend of Legends deliveries.

I finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.
Grats. Iím still playing the game post platinum.

Rank 354 & am still enjoying the semi open world. Maintenance on my Zip Lines & roads along with massive cargo deliveries still keep me in the loop.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #682

Sep 2012
Winnipeg, MB

I'm currently about 40 hours in and in the middle of Episode 5. I'm close to level 200 I think. I've been swapping back and forth between doing side missions, delivering lost cargo, building roads and doing main missions (though I think now I want to hunker down and get on with the ziplines). I don't play many "open-world" games like this anymore because I just don't have the time, but this game is hitting me in just the right spot. I realize that I'm finding time to play this game because I'm enjoying it so much.

The game has shockingly never gotten mundane or tedious for me (though the Wind Farm in Episode 2 can eat shit). It got really close in Episode 2 when the game asked me to go back to Capital Knot City (or whichever one was the furthest away at that point) and I thought "I have to walk all the way BACK there? You gotta be kiddin' me, man." I then paused and thought "Wait, didn't they say I can repair this reverse trike?" and then I was off to the races.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #683
Special Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CK0X View Post
The game has shockingly never gotten mundane or tedious for me (though the Wind Farm in Episode 2 can eat shit). It got really close in Episode 2 when the game asked me to go back to Capital Knot City (or whichever one was the furthest away at that point) and I thought "I have to walk all the way BACK there? You gotta be kiddin' me, man." I then paused and thought "Wait, didn't they say I can repair this reverse trike?" and then I was off to the races.
I walked back because I couldn't figure out how to repair it.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #684

Sep 2012
Winnipeg, MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
I walked back because I couldn't figure out how to repair it.
I actually think I had to look it up online because I couldn't figure it out myself.
Thanks given by:
emailking (12-05-2019)
Old 12-06-2019, 01:10 AM   #685
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

An update will soon be out giving you the option to delete other players vehicles.

Iíve seen some trolls play the game & leave vehicles right in the way of entrances of shelters. I normally just get in & move them. Some jokers put trucks where the Cosplayer lives. I saw a pic online.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:36 AM   #686
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Switched to hard difficulty to bump up my LoL count. Didnít like the #207 next to my name every time I went to any of my structures. Got it up to #275 & switched back to Very Easy.

The difference in difficulty is much more complex then people think. Everything you have or make degrades much much quicker on Hard. Now I have around 30 Zip Lines that need repair.

Am chasing top spot on my server. Currently am level 364. Top player is 376.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #687
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
The difference in difficulty is much more complex then people think. Everything you have or make degrades much much quicker on Hard. Now I have around 30 Zip Lines that need repair.
How are your shoes?
Old 12-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #688
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
How are your shoes?
They degrade roughly 20% faster on Hard difficulty.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #689
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

I’ve been playing this for free through Redbox coupons lol. I must say, the game really gets going in Episode 3 when you start to get the Power Skeleton, Bola gun and even your own bike. Very exciting!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:41 PM   #690

Sep 2012
Winnipeg, MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Some jokers put trucks where the Cosplayer lives. I saw a pic online.
My brother said the exact same thing happened in his game last week. Buncha savages in this town.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:36 AM   #691
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

There are always trucks there, because people drop down and then donít know how to leave with the truck so they abandon it
Old 12-07-2019, 01:18 AM   #692
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
There are always trucks there, because people drop down and then don’t know how to leave with the truck so they abandon it
I’ve never seen one in the entrance though I rarely do deliveries to him/her.

I imagine it’s not easy getting a truck in there. That area isn’t the best for navigating a vehicle.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #693
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Gotta love other porters creating bridges, watchtowers, etc. but when you need a damn zipline post to travel faster there are none available. UGH!

[Show spoiler]Carrying Mama on foot to her sister was not an easy task. Had to go throw the snowy mountain terrains and that slowed you down immensely.
Old Yesterday, 12:45 AM   #694
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Finished the story off today, pretty much marathoned the last 5 or 6 acts, though it ramps up in those final acts, I do sort of wish it was more balanced out throughout the game. The bigger Kojima’s games get, the looser his grip feels on pacing, I understand withholding payoff and slow burns, his set pieces feel a bit sloppier considering the tight design of the earlier MGS entries.

Overall I rather enjoyed it, granted I have had to break it up into a couple hours every evening or so to avoid getting really bogged down in it. I like the sense of progression, that whole sense of just one step further approach to traversal, certainly made for quite a melancholic and meditative experience that’s unique to modern gaming. And I like the whole the more you invest into it, the more rewards you reap, although I can’t see myself returning to max out all settlements. The shooting segments could have done with a little refining if it was so insistent on having them in there, the action segments are a little jarring as a whole in fact. But overall I think it combined it’s quaint intimacy and loneliness with it’s sweeping apocalyptic scope fairly well.

As for the story, I think it’s pretty solid and inventive, I do have a few questions about the timeline of events in the final act: 1)
[Show spoiler]Due to the flashbacks when connecting to Lou, I had the assumption that Lou was Unger’s BB, but when it’s revealed that Sam was Unger’s son all along, Lou is just another BB. Have I got this correct?
and 2nd)
[Show spoiler]when the game started out, I was under the impression that the game was set quite a few centuries after the Death Stranding, however with it being mentioned Unger served in the Iraq war and characters involvement with him, the timeline is perhaps something closer to 30-40 years from the Death Stranding. I’m wondering if anyone else had the same misconception from the opening acts of the game, or whether it’s just me?

Also, could never figure out how to get Chiral Floaters to work.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM   #695
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I think Pressing square or cross near a floating carrier will put you on it if there isnít cargo on it. Had that happen once when I definitely didnít want to do that.

I havenít checked out the ďmemoriesĒ option in the safe house yet. Iíd like to see some of those ending cutscenes available to select after the game as an option. Mads Performance in this game is flawless!

Maintenance on Ziplines ainít too bad if you have em all Level 3. Iím mostly doing big volume orders on the highway now. Rank 370 now.

There really is only 2 sections of mass delivery. The roads or the mountains. Mountains are easy after you make a network of Ziplines but when doing deliveries on the roads you have to stop once & awhile to check the map to see if your Ziplines need repair.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4