Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Control (PS4)
$50.94

Just Cause 4 (PS4)
$22.99

Judgment (PS4)
$39.99

NHL 19 (PS4)
$22.87

Assassin's Creed III (PS4)
$19.99

The Legend of Heroes: The Trails of Cold Steel (PS4)
$39.99

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
$66.26

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$49.94

Steins;Gate Elite (PS4)
$29.99

Wreckfest (PS4)
$33.99

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4)
$29.99

Agony (PS4)
$13.79
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 29 69.05%
500-599 11 26.19%
600-699 2 4.76%
700+ 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #2401
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I have a question.

If consoles got larger in form factor but better in cooling etc. would you guys really care? TVs are getting larger and larger and i'm sure putting a box underneath isn't as much an issue. Consoles can be laid flat so it's not as much of an issue imo as say it would be for PC.
I would not and honestly a wrack mounted design would be nice, but too much to ask. That being said your TV size comment would have made sense in the days of CRT where people had the TV on a TV stand that had to match the width of the TV and needed to be deep to fit the TV. But with flat panels someone could have the TV over a fireplace and a small night stand on the side and need all the equipment to fit into that single drawer.
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #2402
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
I would not and honestly a wrack mounted design would be nice, but too much to ask. That being said your TV size comment would have made sense in the days of CRT where people had the TV on a TV stand that had to match the width of the TV and needed to be deep to fit the TV. But with flat panels someone could have the TV over a fireplace and a small night stand on the side and need all the equipment to fit into that single drawer.
I know everyone made fun of the OG Xbox One's bulky design but honestly I didn't mind it. I liked the fact that it was so well ventilated and ran quiet.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #2403
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Honestly, i think artsy farts like that can bugger off

I personally think i'd like a TV stand just to put on games consoles, speakers and TV boxes etc. and having a larger form factor if it still looks nice won't look too bad. That said, i doubt they'll do it but handsets grew larger in form factor once people started consuming medis on the go by watching Netflix etc. and now they've practically become the size of tablets.

I think Sony under Cerny have designed a great PS4 system but the thermals and ventilation are certainly the key are to improve next gen. I'm not going on this render as a hint to the retail. I want Sony to unveil that in February or keep it under wraps till maybe E3 when designs are pretty much gonna be locked down and Microsoft can't make any changes at all. I know Sony pulled a last minute switcheroo with the RAM.
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #2404
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
I agree, but it does not change much, the rendering is unrealistic and the sketch looks funky as well if they are round buttons why would it need 5 of them, if they are LEDs why would it need that many? there are also 5 rectangles on the other side.
They are just generic buttons/indicators for the dev machine, power reset and some other option. The PS4 Pro dev kit has them on the front

And the OG PS4 dev kit too

And the PS3

Last edited by Mavrick; Yesterday at 08:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #2405
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Thereís nothing odd shaped about dem kits. Iíd actually be fine with the final product looking similar but Iím thinking Sony wants ventilated top grills this time. I never liked the PS4ís airflow.
Old Today, 12:21 AM   #2406

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
They are just generic buttons/indicators for the dev machine, power reset and some other option. The PS4 Pro dev kit has them on the front

And the OG PS4 dev kit too

And the PS3

These devkits are way more palatable than whatever that patent/render was. These actually look functional, like you could either stack or rack them, and the PS3 version looks like an old Sony Beta deck so now I kind of want it.

I seriously doubt those pics are a devkit or the consumer model, and it was probably intentionally leaked to get feedback. That being said, if Sony does go w/ some ďartsy fartsyĒ design like the patent render, thereís a good chance it wonít ever see the inside of my house (Iíll wait for the mid-cycle redesign). Naturally Sony wonít be hurt for losing one sale to one cranky old bastard, but it would be a hard press to convince me to buy something that fugly.

Hopefully they keep it simple. Even the sandwich platters of the PS4 would be fine, as long as they ditch the angled hangover in the back that make it such a pita to access the ports.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4