Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Justice Society: World War II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Wonder Woman 1984 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Independence Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Santa Sangre 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Sausage Party 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-22-2021, 06:49 PM   #1341

Sep 2011
Erf.

I received my replacement shipping notification email without having requesting one. I had no idea there was even an issue with this release, lol. Came here and got caught up on what's going on.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:15 PM   #1342
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich65 View Post
Ditto, I had an issue with the post office delivering my package to the wrong mailbox. I went through all the steps and kept Vinegar Syndrome in the loop. Once we agreed the package was lost they sent a replacement. Great company to deal with. I just wish this SNAFU hadn't happened.
Somebody got a free movie.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:51 PM   #1343
Expert Member

Jul 2009
Miami, FL

Vinegar Syndrome, oh how I've taken you for granted.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:16 PM   #1344

May 2008
Pittsburgh

My replacement is on its way too!
Thanks given by:
punisher (01-22-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 06:26 AM   #1345

Sep 2020
Scottsdale AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjankowski View Post
I have Panasonic UB820. Got it in 2019. Handles every disc I've ever played. But now, one disc from Vinegar Syndrome doesn't play and it's my player's fault? I have to get a new player to play this one disc? Slimjean is right. It's a cop out. Make discs that conform to modern players like everyone else.

Also, it might just be that myself and a few others have a faulty disc. I'm getting sent a new one. I have a feeling that may very well do the trick.
I have the same player. Please keep us posted!
Old 01-23-2021, 06:51 AM   #1346

Nov 2009
San Antonio TX

Quote:

Also, it might just be that myself and a few others have a faulty disc. I'm getting sent a new one. I have a feeling that may very well do the trick.
I would agree.

I finally got around to watching it yesterday, and I had no problems at all with playback on my 820.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:34 AM   #1347

Sep 2020
Scottsdale AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Angel View Post
I would agree.

I finally got around to watching it yesterday, and I had no problems at all with playback on my 820.
There's some who have the 820 who have had an issue and others with the same player who has had no issue.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #1348
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarnman View Post
There's some who have the 820 who have had an issue and others with the same player who has had no issue.
And I've yet to see such a confirmation. What I do see is people making vague statements and mixing up both issues.

Just take Cruel Angel stating there being no issue. Which issue? The BD#2 or the 4k issue? A quick search for his posts shows that he's most likely referring to the BD#2 issue. Which got fixed, so I have no problem believing that it works with the same player for some and doesn't for others. And if he's referring to the 4k, did he actually check the according timestamp? Don't think so.

People...
Old 01-23-2021, 12:32 PM   #1349
Expert Member

Jun 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
And I've yet to see such a confirmation. What I do see is people making vague statements and mixing up both issues.

Just take Cruel Angel stating there being no issue. Which issue? The BD#2 or the 4k issue? A quick search for his posts shows that he's most likely referring to the BD#2 issue. Which got fixed, so I have no problem believing that it works with the same player for some and doesn't for others. And if he's referring to the 4k, did he actually check the according timestamp? Don't think so.

People...
Feel the same way. My Sony 700 UHD has thr distinct gltch problem and I got the replacement forthcoming. When it arrives I will post results immediately with any details I can. Hopefully it will put an end to this player nonsense. There is every indication of a bad batch of discs. If not then why are replacements being issued? It is common sense yet there are those that still insist on getting new hardware is the issue. Yet there are hundreds of 4K's out there that got it completely right.

It is like they are some undying fans in denial and there is no dissuading the likely possibility in their heads.

I have no problem with someone thinking it is a player issue but the firm "it has been proven" is another story.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:48 PM   #1350

Nov 2009
San Antonio TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post

People...
No, I'm referring to the potential 4k issue- incorrect conclusion on your part.

If you did look at my posts, you apparently were not thorough enough.

Dec 13 I tested BD2 and confirmed it had the 5 min issue.
Today I said 'finally got around to watching it'.

If I had been referring to BD2, why would I state now it had no playback issues when I had already said it did back in Dec?

And regarding your last statement- watching a film and stating it had no playback problems would inherently include any and all timestamps from start to finish.

Sigh. People...
Old 01-23-2021, 12:59 PM   #1351
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:

If I had been referring to BD2, why would I state now it had no playback issues when I had already said it did back in Dec?

And regarding your last statement- watching a film and stating it had no playback problems would inherently include any and all timestamps from start to finish.

Sigh. People...
Because you nowhere stated that you received (or didn't) a replacement nor what you watched nor what issue you didn't see for starters? And people maybe missing a very brief frame drop, unless explicitely confirming it, please...

Yes, people.
Thanks given by:
slimjean (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 01:20 PM   #1352
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013

Old 01-23-2021, 07:06 PM   #1353
Expert Member

Jun 2020

Quote:

Sigh. People...
I don't see the reason for defending being vague or trying to think as only you do.

The only confort that can be found is that you are not alone in this cryptic way if trouble shooting. All will be clear soon. You can bet on that. Pity it could have been worked out earlier.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:09 PM   #1354
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
i have panasonic ub820. Got it in 2019. Handles every disc i've ever played. But now, one disc from vinegar syndrome doesn't play and it's my player's fault? I have to get a new player to play this one disc? Slimjean is right. It's a cop out. Make discs that conform to modern players like everyone else.

lol
Old 01-23-2021, 07:22 PM   #1355
Expert Member

Jun 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
lol
What do you think about the 4K replacement that has been mailed out?
Old 01-23-2021, 07:25 PM   #1356
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
lol
This might be my favourite of all the posts you've ever made, Bates, sweetie.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:29 PM   #1357
Expert Member

Jun 2020
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
This might be my favourite of all the posts you've ever made, Bates, sweetie.
I got a replacement for Game of Thrones that plays perfect. According to Bates Motel reasoning we should have a different player for each disc.

Just how will the reaction be if the 4K replacement for Beastmaster is fixed?

Clowns laugh. Humility is a virtue.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:11 PM   #1358

Oct 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjean View Post
I got a replacement for Game of Thrones that plays perfect. According to Bates Motel reasoning we should have a different player for each disc.

Just how will the reaction be if the 4K replacement for Beastmaster is fixed?

Clowns laugh. Humility is a virtue.
The assertion or assumption that a handful of discs suddenly couldn't possibly be faulty is what is truly 'lol.' Some people in this thread have the same player I do - and as has been noted by others - some play the 4k disc properly, some don't. Therefore, doesn't that mean it is NOT the player? Dying on this hill of "it's the player" and inferring that we should have different players for different discs is not only absurd, but illogical, particularly when all other discs (or every 4k disc and blu-ray I've ever played across multiple players) plays normally. Vinegar Syndrome puts out one 4k disc and now we all have to buy new players to accommodate it? No. I look forward to testing out my new replacement disc to put this issue to rest.
Thanks given by:
slimjean (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 08:12 PM   #1359

May 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjean View Post
What do you think about the 4K replacement that has been mailed out?
As I understand it, only the VFX Blu Ray # 2 is being replaced, not the 4K disc.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:33 PM   #1360

Oct 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spectre View Post
As I understand it, only the VFX Blu Ray # 2 is being replaced, not the 4K disc.
It's not a 'replacement disc' in the sense of an ongoing fix was made - it's a replacement disc to replace one (or a small number in the batch) that might be faulty. This was also done for Ronin's Lone Wolf McQuade blu-ray.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies