Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
21 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.90
11 hrs ago
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Justice Society: World War II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
14 hrs ago
Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$17.72
2 hrs ago
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Stagecoach (Blu-ray)
$19.53
1 day ago
Justice Society: World War II (Blu-ray)
$22.99
21 hrs ago
Crossed Swords (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
6 hrs ago
The Dam Busters (Blu-ray)
$17.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-21-2021, 01:01 PM   #1341

Sep 2018
NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEco910 View Post
Continuing with an R-word trend, I hope. Maybe Revelations (which is two letters off from Revolutions).
Matrix Regurgitations?
Thanks given by:
morris_schaffer (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 01:32 PM   #1342
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

If they don't call it Matrix Rebooted they are mad. I'm not saying it's a good title, but come on, it's perfect.
Thanks given by:
MattJ1991 (01-23-2021), NerdCollecter1998 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #1343
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneway23 View Post
Matrix Regurgitations?
Matrix Ridiculous ?
Thanks given by:
oneway23 (01-23-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 01:39 PM   #1344
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2008

re: Matrix
Old 01-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #1345
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I loved the first movie but there's just way too much on this to go wrong imo to end up a better movie than the sequels were even and they had issues too. The biggest problem for me right now is to try and have them justify Neo & Trinity returning in a meaningful way and not look stupid trying to slot that into the story whilst keeping it engaging and action packed.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #1346
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2015
Indoors™

Matrix REEEEEEEEE

Old 01-21-2021, 03:30 PM   #1347
Power Member

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

Matrix 2077
Old 01-21-2021, 03:33 PM   #1348
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
re: Matrix
RE: FWD: Matrix
CC: John Wick
subject: NO SUBJECT
Old 01-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #1349
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Matrix: Resurrection

[Show spoiler]
Old 01-22-2021, 03:52 PM   #1350

Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I loved the first movie but there's just way too much on this to go wrong imo to end up a better movie than the sequels were even and they had issues too. The biggest problem for me right now is to try and have them justify Neo & Trinity returning in a meaningful way and not look stupid trying to slot that into the story whilst keeping it engaging and action packed.
The convenient thing about the nature of the Matrix is that you can just explain it as a new version of the Matrix. Neo's fate at the end of Revolutions is a bit vague, but presumably the machines did something to keep his physical body or his mind alive in between movies. Explaining Trinity's return is going to be the real challenge. But I think there's a plausible avenue for that as well.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:28 PM   #1351
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdCollecter1998 View Post
The convenient thing about the nature of the Matrix is that you can just explain it as a new version of the Matrix. Neo's fate at the end of Revolutions is a bit vague, but presumably the machines did something to keep his physical body or his mind alive in between movies. Explaining Trinity's return is going to be the real challenge. But I think there's a plausible avenue for that as well.
Well, at the end of the last movie, they "reset" some stuff and basically continued on that iteration of the matrix. Like a Matrix 1.1 or something. I know they were on like the 6th or 7th so maybe 7.1ish.

Either way, they managed to basically make a "perfect" clone of every other person that's ever been plugged in it seems or as close to as needed to ensure events almost always went the same way once Neo reached the source. How the hell they did that so many times almost beat for beat is what really pickles your brain.

However, that's a problem imo introduced due to the sequels adding in iterations and reboots of the prior Matrix rather than keeping it more vague and varied. Instead they made it seem almost to the letter similar in how he reacts up until they did a small "rage" BS thing for some of them.

Oh well, i just hope my lowered expectations mean it's going to be a bit better than i hope.
Thanks given by:
NerdCollecter1998 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 06:51 PM   #1352
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2008

Quote:
Well, at the end of the last movie, they "reset" some stuff and basically continued on that iteration of the matrix. Like a Matrix 1.1 or something. I know they were on like the 6th or 7th so maybe 7.1ish.

Either way, they managed to basically make a "perfect" clone of every other person that's ever been plugged in it seems or as close to as needed to ensure events almost always went the same way once Neo reached the source. How the hell they did that so many times almost beat for beat is what really pickles your brain.

However, that's a problem imo introduced due to the sequels adding in iterations and reboots of the prior Matrix rather than keeping it more vague and varied. Instead they made it seem almost to the letter similar in how he reacts up until they did a small "rage" BS thing for some of them.

Oh well, i just hope my lowered expectations mean it's going to be a bit better than i hope.
Where did the perfect clone idea come from. The only things moving from one version to the next were the machines. They wiped out Zion after every reboot.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:13 PM   #1353

Jul 2020
Colorado, USA

Quote:
Where did the perfect clone idea come from. The only things moving from one version to the next were the machines. They wiped out Zion after every reboot.
When Neo meets the Architect in Reloaded, multiple TVs appear to be playing video of the different Neos (which are all Keanu Reeves) that have come before in each iteration. Granted what we are seeing is the computer program side of that conversation, but since people plugging into the Matrix resemble their respective avatars* it is perhaps not unreasonable to conclude that our protagonist is a clone (the sixth version). Of course what we are seeing in the TV screens could be interpreted in other ways, so... maybe we will find out?

Of course it could be that Trinity's consciousness is channeled into another person's body and when Neo sees the other person all he sees is Trinity because... that's a thing... apparently.

*This was not always to be the case, but it is what is presented on screen in any event.
Thanks given by:
NARMAK (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 07:15 PM   #1354
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
The perfect clone idea came from the fact that the predecessors of Neo looked exactly the same which is where some of my "clone" theory comes from but that only applies to the "Jacked In" individuals because perhaps the variation of the "home grown" wouldn't be possible for machines to account in but control in the overall "parameters" that always seem to lead The One to the Source.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #1355
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2008

Quote:
The perfect clone idea came from the fact that the predecessors of Neo looked exactly the same which is where some of my "clone" theory comes from but that only applies to the "Jacked In" individuals because perhaps the variation of the "home grown" wouldn't be possible for machines to account in but control in the overall "parameters" that always seem to lead The One to the Source.
Yes I know the Neo part. You referenced everyone else though. There is no evidence that anyone else was the same across each update but Neo and the machines. Example there was no Trinity in the other updates.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:10 AM   #1356
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Yes I know the Neo part. You referenced everyone else though. There is no evidence that anyone else was the same across each update but Neo and the machines. Example there was no Trinity in the other updates.
I think although there's no direct reference to it, like i said above. My theory is the machines use the same genetic material to make the same humans again artificially and control the variables in the Matrix moreso than not. It's just one theory although Neo is the only for certain clone we 100% can confirm.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #1357

Jun 2018

My theory is that
[Show spoiler]Jessica Henwick and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II are part of a new team of redpills looking for Neo (and possibly Trinity) to face a new enemy that either threatens humanity or the Matrix itself. Jada Pinkett-Smith returning as Niobe leads me to believe that she'll be involved in helping them look for Neo and bringing him back
Old 01-23-2021, 08:35 PM   #1358
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdCollecter1998 View Post
My theory is that
[Show spoiler]Jessica Henwick and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II are part of a new team of redpills looking for Neo (and possibly Trinity) to face a new enemy that either threatens humanity or the Matrix itself. Jada Pinkett-Smith returning as Niobe leads me to believe that she'll be involved in helping them look for Neo and bringing him back
It would be weird though to try and explain how Neo managed to get on so old and somehow end up with Trinity when in the first it was because she was already freed and then found Neo with Morpheus.

Like i said, they just seem to have a challenge on their hands to try and ensure they don't muddy the waters but some would argue returning two more than probably dead characters doesn't help and does that regardless in the first place.
Thanks given by:
NerdCollecter1998 (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #1359

Jun 2018

Quote:
It would be weird though to try and explain how Neo managed to get on so old and somehow end up with Trinity when in the first it was because she was already freed and then found Neo with Morpheus.

Like i said, they just seem to have a challenge on their hands to try and ensure they don't muddy the waters but some would argue returning two more than probably dead characters doesn't help and does that regardless in the first place.
I presume the Machines had backup versions of every human that they uploaded into the seventh iteration of the Matrix that we see at the end of Revolutions, including Neo and Trinity. These versions likely having no memory of their previous lives.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:41 PM   #1360
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:

It’s gonna be great no matter what!!!

Ahh only kidding
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies