Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Schindler's List 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.33
4 hrs ago
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Last Ship: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$12.96
14 hrs ago
Frozen II 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.55
11 hrs ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
 
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Bloodshot 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.96
 
Maximum Overdrive (Blu-ray)
$21.60
4 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
 
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
 
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$13.36
 
Doom Patrol: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Conventions and Events


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2011
3
199
Default Cape Comic Con & Branson Comic Con

Anyone in Missouri go to these? This will be my first time going to a con, and I'm so excite. I am going to the Cape Comic Con. They are both smaller cons and only have a handful of guests. I am getting to meet two of my favorites from my child hood, though I would I have loved to been able to go to the Branson one too, but taking a vacation to Orlando, so no money to spend on going to that one.


Austin St. John and Johnny Yong Bosch (both from MM Power Rangers) are going to be at Cape Con.

https://cape-con.com

And Blake Foster, Tracy Lynn Cruz, Selwyn Ward and Melody Perkins (from PR Turbo / PR In Space / PR Lost Galaxy) will be at the Branson Con.

https://www.bransoncomiccon.com
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

No Amy Jo, no sale!




This made me laugh from the Costume Contest rules:

Cover your body parts. “No costume” is not a costume.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Me-Hostage (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 04:46 AM   #3
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2011
3
199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
No Amy Jo, no sale!




This made me laugh from the Costume Contest rules:

Cover your body parts. “No costume” is not a costume.

I'd love to met her. She did a handful of them a year or two ago, then started backing away again. I only see her going to larger cons, the ones here will be fairly small. I think the one I'm going to will only have 5 guests. Austin, Johnny, Tom Cook, and Rags Morales - the last one hasn't been announced yet, but from what I heard it will be a wrestler.

Walter Jones and Karan Ashley were here last year, but I didn't know until a month after it happened. Austin was suppose to have been there with them, but he had to pull out to film season 2 of PR Beast Morphers.

Those rules... look how they list you can't bring alligators in as pet... LOL
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (02-22-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #4
bp42810 bp42810 is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2011
Moses Lake, WA
22
651
250
1646
62
257
Default

I see she is on the list for Emerald City next month.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 04:59 PM   #5
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
I'd love to met her. She did a handful of them a year or two ago, then started backing away again. I only see her going to larger cons, the ones here will be fairly small. I think the one I'm going to will only have 5 guests. Austin, Johnny, Tom Cook, and Rags Morales - the last one hasn't been announced yet, but from what I heard it will be a wrestler.

Walter Jones and Karan Ashley were here last year, but I didn't know until a month after it happened. Austin was suppose to have been there with them, but he had to pull out to film season 2 of PR Beast Morphers.
Hmm, now I'm curious who the wrestler might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
Those rules... look how they list you can't bring alligators in as pet... LOL


I think they updated it. Now it just lists "iguanas, parrots, boa constrictors, or other nonhuman critters" under the code of conduct.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Me-Hostage (03-05-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 03:02 AM   #6
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2011
3
199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Hmm, now I'm curious who the wrestler might be.




I think they updated it. Now it just lists "iguanas, parrots, boa constrictors, or other nonhuman critters" under the code of conduct.
The wrestler turned out to be Papa Shango / The Godfather, but Darby Allin from AEW will be there that Friday for a press conference for the armature wrestling they put on in town. I'm only able to go Saturday, so I won't get to see him, unless he decides to stick around, doubtful though, this area sucks lol

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (03-05-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 03:36 PM   #7
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Sammy Guevara might be there as well. CCW's Facebook mentions him:
https://www.facebook.com/CCWRESTLING573/
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Me-Hostage (03-06-2020)
Old 03-06-2020, 06:16 AM   #8
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2011
3
199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Sammy Guevara might be there as well. CCW's Facebook mentions him:
https://www.facebook.com/CCWRESTLING573/
Nice! I hope they stick around just so I can get a glance when I'm there. Too scared to consider getting a pic or autograph if they are, Austin and Johnny alone are going to be nearly $200, their team won't give me a firm answer lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:36 PM   #9
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Looks like they have also added wrestler Priscilla Kelly and actor Reb Brown.

I'm getting concerned that they may end up having to cancel this though. Restrictions seem to be tightening rapidly now due to the virus.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Me-Hostage (03-24-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 05:59 AM   #10
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2011
3
199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Looks like they have also added wrestler Priscilla Kelly and actor Reb Brown.

I'm getting concerned that they may end up having to cancel this though. Restrictions seem to be tightening rapidly now due to the virus.
So far it's not canceled, but they are going by the fact we will be out of "quarantine" by then since the deadline a week before I believe. I still feel it will be postponed. Some are upset since they paid over $100 and get no refunds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:22 AM   #11
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
So far it's not canceled, but they are going by the fact we will be out of "quarantine" by then since the deadline a week before I believe. I still feel it will be postponed. Some are upset since they paid over $100 and get no refunds.
Well, I hope it does end up being postponed so you get another chance at seeing Austin and Johnny.

I'm not optimistic that the situation will have improved by the end of April. I think the opposite may be true. Even if it goes on as scheduled, I probably wouldn't be comfortable attending an event with so many people at that point.

If they do end up having to cancel, hopefully they will issue refunds. It's the right thing to do and I'm sure there are a lot of people who could really use that money back now.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Me-Hostage (03-26-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 03:26 AM   #12
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2011
3
199
Default

Postponed until July 10-12. I like this better since it's the weekend of my birthday - just hope Austin and Johnny can still make it. Looking at Austin's calendar, he is free that weekend and I believe right before and after, so fingers crossed.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (03-31-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 03:42 AM   #13
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
Postponed until July 10-12. I like this better since it's the weekend of my birthday - just hope Austin and Johnny can still make it. Looking at Austin's calendar, he is free that weekend and I believe right before and after, so fingers crossed.
That was a good move by them. Hopefully things will have calmed down significantly by July.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Conventions and Events


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:02 AM.