Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Minecraft (Switch)
$24.99

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team Dx (Switch)
$51.99
21 hrs ago
Astral Chain (Switch)
$48.88

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Switch)
$17.00

Deadly Premonition Origins (Switch)
$31.93

Children of Morta (Switch)
$24.99

Tetris 99 (Switch)
$29.88

Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch)
$39.97

Remothered: Tormented Fathers (Switch)
$25.99

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Switch)
$18.50
4 hrs ago
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch)
$59.66

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.86
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 03-21-2020, 09:37 PM   #81
Expert Member

Sep 2018
You don't need to know where I live...

There are a lot of design features that prevent fast progress. I'm a little further ahead but not by a lot. There's only so much you can do on the first few days it seems. Enjoying it so far looking forward for the world to finally open up a bit.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:59 AM   #82
Expert Member

Oct 2008

My kids and I are thouroughly enjoying the game...a much needed escape.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #83
Expert Member

Sep 2018

So played ACNH for 3 days (+15hrs) so far and I am enjoying it. Barely scratched the surface.

It isn't a game you can finish in 10 hrs in one sitting because it just won't let you. It's a game designed for longevity that rewards you for checking in regularly for, from what I can see, up to a year to see everything. The day/time passes in real time so there's no rush.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:23 AM   #84
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
All hail Digital!

Seriously though that sucks.

I ended up buying it digitally on the 20th, but kept my Amazon order because I like collecting the physical game. So now I have two copies of it.

Been having a blast with it so far.

But.... there is one thing I don't like...

THE GODDAMN TOOLS KEEP BREAKING!

In all the previous games, only the axe brook. This is some BS that Nintendo needs to stop adding to their games. It was bad enough in Breath of the Wild, but I can kind of understand it because they wanted you to try out all the weapons. But in Animal Crossing, there's no reason for this crap!
Old 03-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #85
Expert Member

Sep 2018

Well, yeah. I'm sure tool breakages were part of the game design because more tool breakages > more tool crafting + 'miles' points, for crafting & breakages. There's got to be more advanced tool materials than what you find in first few days.

As long as the game doesn't break...!

So more progress yesterday but the progress is slow in coming and I do kind of appreciate that instead of having all game features dumped at once. The world opens up one item or building/feature/map-area at a time so it leaves a lot of time for exploration & collecting.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #86

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I ended up buying it digitally on the 20th, but kept my Amazon order because I like collecting the physical game. So now I have two copies of it.

Been having a blast with it so far.

But.... there is one thing I don't like...

THE GODDAMN TOOLS KEEP BREAKING!

In all the previous games, only the axe brook. This is some BS that Nintendo needs to stop adding to their games. It was bad enough in Breath of the Wild, but I can kind of understand it because they wanted you to try out all the weapons. But in Animal Crossing, there's no reason for this crap!
You know, I started to write about how I think, for the most part, it's fine that the tools break (maybe I've played too many games with that mechanic for it to annoy me in AC) but then I found out that the golden tools broke. That right there is bull crap. And considering
[Show spoiler]that you have to capture one of every bug and fish to even get the recipe for the golden fishing rod and bug net
, it makes the usefulness of the extended life of the golden tools kind of moot.

Last edited by Mando54; 03-24-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #87
Expert Member

Sep 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando54 View Post
You know, I started to write about how I think, for the most part, it's fine that the tools break (maybe I've played too many games with that mechanic for it to annoy me in AC) but then I found out
[Show spoiler] that the golden tools broke. That right there is bull crap. And considering that you have to capture one of every bug and fish to even get the recipe for the golden fishing rod and bug net, it makes the usefulness of the extended life of the golden tools kind of moot
That's a god damn spoiler, dude! Most people are not that far in to the game!
Old 03-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #88

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
That's a god damn spoiler, dude! Most people are not that far in to the game!
Sorry about that. I didn't consider something like that much of a spoiler to be honest. I blocked out the method of getting the golden tools but I don't think the fact the game has golden tools is much of a spoiler, considering they're a series staple. I looked into the golden tools because my initial reply was to theorize that they would would be unbreakable, something I think many would agree would be a decent reward for achieving the goals to get them. And with the disappointment with breakable items, I figured it's better to be disappointed now at the fact that golden tools are breakable than to get pissed at find that out after spending all the time and effort into doing the tasks to get them.

Last edited by Mando54; 03-24-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:00 PM   #89
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Does anyone here have the special Animal Crossing version of the Nintendo Switch? If so, you get a special Switch model on your island. Anyone want to visit my island with it and give it to me? (Extra can be bought from the Nook shop catalog)
Thanks given by:
heyadol (03-26-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #90

Aug 2012
Toronto

I have oranges (starting fruit), cherries (mailed to me), and coconuts on my island.

I've visited about 10 mystery islands but all have had either oranges or cherries.

Does anyone know for sure that the only way to get the other fruit is to visit a friends island?
Old 03-25-2020, 05:35 PM   #91
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgeneacepeter View Post
I have oranges (starting fruit), cherries (mailed to me), and coconuts on my island.

I've visited about 10 mystery islands but all have had either oranges or cherries.

Does anyone know for sure that the only way to get the other fruit is to visit a friends island?
The problem with the Ticket islands being random, itís a total crapshoot what youíll get. Iíve bought 12 tickets, all except 1 had apples. Also some people online are reporting getting islands with bamboo, I have yet to get that island. I have a bunch of DIY recipes that require bamboo, but no actual bamboo to use with them.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:37 PM   #92
Power Member

Apr 2014
United States

The first AC on the Gamecube is still the most enjoyable of them all for me.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:01 PM   #93
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Tom Nook is going to remodel Resident Services tomorrow and said it would be closed for a day. Does that mean no access to the ATM? Should I start taking money out and stockpiling it in my house? Also will I be able to pay him off for my house tomorrow? Will he be around?
Old 03-25-2020, 07:33 PM   #94

Aug 2012
Toronto

Tom Nook nor the ATM are around for me while resident services is expanding. I bought two Nook tickets so I'll be using those tonight, should have bought more.

I have been on bamboo island so I guess the odds are just set very low for other fruit. Will keep trying. Not that I have seen much benefit to having all fruit.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:54 PM   #95
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgeneacepeter View Post
Not that I have seen much benefit to having all fruit.
You get Nook Miles for planting all the fruit. I have a stamp for everything except oranges.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:32 PM   #96
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
The problem with the Ticket islands being random, itís a total crapshoot what youíll get. Iíve bought 12 tickets, all except 1 had apples. Also some people online are reporting getting islands with bamboo, I have yet to get that island. I have a bunch of DIY recipes that require bamboo, but no actual bamboo to use with them.
I got the bamboo island today.

I have bamboo and pears (my starting fruit) I can give to anyone who needs it. I'm on the lookout for apples and peaches at this point. I have pears, oranges, and cherries. I can give away some oranges in a few days once my tree grows.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:59 PM   #97
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Started this a couple of days ago.... I reset my first go at it because I got pears and I'm not a fan, lol. Got peaches on my second try.

The game is beautiful. I just love how the breeze causes the subtle movement in the trees.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints online that the game is kinda bare-bones content and furniture-wise, but it's almost guaranteed that they'll be slow-dripping that stuff out over the next year.
Old Yesterday, 02:00 AM   #98
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Parker View Post
I got the bamboo island today.

I have bamboo and pears (my starting fruit) I can give to anyone who needs it. I'm on the lookout for apples and peaches at this point. I have pears, oranges, and cherries. I can give away some oranges in a few days once my tree grows.
I could use some of that bamboo. I mailed a buddy of mine 3 apples, and asked for some of his oranges, he mailed me one orange today. It's planted, will take a few days to grow. Right now I'm waiting for a meteor shower* because they announced one will be happening on my island today, but some time tomorrow if you want to visit my island with bamboo that would be cool.

*I've been looking at the sky for 3 hours so far, waiting. Apparently on days you're announced to get one, it can show up any time from 7pm to 4am.
Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM   #99
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Started this a couple of days ago.... I reset my first go at it because I got pears and I'm not a fan, lol. Got peaches on my second try.

The game is beautiful. I just love how the breeze causes the subtle movement in the trees.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints online that the game is kinda bare-bones content and furniture-wise, but it's almost guaranteed that they'll be slow-dripping that stuff out over the next year.
I know someone that got pears as their native fruit, and they are allergic to pears.
Old Yesterday, 02:40 AM   #100
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
I could use some of that bamboo. I mailed a buddy of mine 3 apples, and asked for some of his oranges, he mailed me one orange today. It's planted, will take a few days to grow. Right now I'm waiting for a meteor shower* because they announced one will be happening on my island today, but some time tomorrow if you want to visit my island with bamboo that would be cool.

*I've been looking at the sky for 3 hours so far, waiting. Apparently on days you're announced to get one, it can show up any time from 7pm to 4am.
I should be able to visit tomorrow. I'm working from home but I should be around after 5:00 PM EST. My friend code is 0292-2526-3233 if anyone wants to add me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch