Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Adventure Time: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$56.99

Joker (DVD)
$10.00

Doctor Sleep (DVD)
$10.00

The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection (DVD)
$29.96
4 hrs ago
Frozen II (DVD)
$14.96

It: Chapter Two (DVD)
$10.00

Playing with Fire (DVD)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Shada (DVD)
$13.85
55 min ago
Overcomer (DVD)
$15.00

Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (DVD)
$13.70
3 hrs ago
Bloodshot (DVD)
$19.99

When Calls the Heart: The Television Movie Collection, Year Six (DVD)
$21.96
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 02-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

With the Blu-ray film titles starting to be announced by the Warner Archive Collection today, hoping there are some TV titles in March (especially non-sitcom series, as it's seemed like it's been mainly sitcom and animated series which have been announced lately).
Old 02-18-2020, 09:43 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

Has anyone ever asked them on Facebook about a possible release for Mr. Novak: The Complete Second Season? (I would, but I don't have an account.) I have the first and would like to complete the series.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 10:47 PM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
Has anyone ever asked them on Facebook about a possible release for Mr. Novak: The Complete Second Season? (I would, but I don't have an account.) I have the first and would like to complete the series.
Have been wondering myself if the Warner Archive Collection are working on the second (and final) season of this series. Can't remember exactly when the first season of Mr. Novak was released. When I ordered it with the WbShop, as it wasn't that long after it had been released, I was expecting to get my copy of the boxset with pressed discs (they were purple-sided discs). Which makes me wonder if the first season sold really well for them. So the next question is, why the delay? Are there music clearance issues with the second season? Rights issues? I think I asked them on their Facebook page a few weeks ago, but didn't get a reply. I've definitely asked them about the second (and final) season of The Eleventh Hour on Facebook, but again, didn't get an answer. I've contacted them via Messenger, but they don't reply much (they do explain in the automated reply that they're a small team). It's frustrating, but you know the Warner Archive Collection do a great job with their releases.

I asked about The Eleventh Hour's second season because I know they did a two-part crossover with Dr. Kildare. Have got the first two seasons of that show. Still to get the last three seasons (I still don't know if they included the Eleventh Hour crossover episode in the Dr. Kildare: The Complete Third Season DVD set).

After the Warner Archive Collection completed releasing Spenser: For Hire, was hoping they'd be releasing the short-lived spin-off A Man Called Hawk.
Thanks given by:
noirjunkie (02-19-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 10:54 PM   #44

Dec 2008
New York

I'd really love to see at least an HD upgrade for The Mambo Kings, if a new 4K scan isn't in the cards. Great performances, great music! A movie with such a color palette is screaming for a new transfer! All the better if WAC can facilitate. Pretty please, WB!

Old 02-20-2020, 10:43 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Have checked both the WbShop and Deep Discount websites, specifically the Warner Archive pre-order sections, and there aren't any older TV show DVD releases for March that I can see. Disappointed? Yes. But I've got some season sets to get still (the last three seasons of Dr. Kildare, and I'm thinking about trying the series Sugarfoot).
Old 03-09-2020, 10:47 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Another series I'd like the Warner Archive Collection to do a release of (unless there are rights and music clearance issues preventing a release of it), is Cain's Hundred.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:03 PM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

In addition to the suggestion in my last post, would also like to see from the Warner Archive Collection a couple of other short-lived series, Flamingo Road (a Lorimar series) and Bare Essence (a TV film followed by a short season).
Thanks given by:
Mb37985 (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 10:46 PM   #48

Apr 2016
Chicora, Pennsylvania

I want them to release the unsold 1983 CBS TV pilot The Best of Times starring Robert Romanus, Hallie Todd, Whitman Mayo, and Alex Rocco. I spoke to Warner Archive in 2012 and they had original film elements for it and possibly more material that never saw the light of day. I have a copy of the original CBS broadcast in decent quality, but it's missing the intro.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:40 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Glad to see Step by Step being completed in April. Just hope that the Warner Archive haven't abandoned working on and releasing hour-long drama series on physical media.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
-
-
-
Send a message via ICQ to yellowcakeuf6
Default The 25th Hour Anthony Quinn

Does anyone own The 25th Hour (1967) with Anthony Quinn. Any brief review of the movie and disc would be appreciated.

[Show spoiler]
Old 03-22-2020, 03:34 PM   #51

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluConniseur View Post
I want them to release the unsold 1983 CBS TV pilot The Best of Times starring Robert Romanus, Hallie Todd, Whitman Mayo, and Alex Rocco. I spoke to Warner Archive in 2012 and they had original film elements for it and possibly more material that never saw the light of day. I have a copy of the original CBS broadcast in decent quality, but it's missing the intro.
What was the plot of that?
Old 03-23-2020, 11:04 PM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Forgot all about the series, Then Came Bronson. The Warner Archive Collection released the movie version of the pilot on DVD, but there's no sign of the subsequent one season-only TV series getting released by them. Could be another Warner Brothers-owned TV series where there are rights issues or music clearance problems preventing a physical media DVD release.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:23 PM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio

Would love to get a couple of guilty pleasure DVD upgrades:

The Last Dinosaur

The Bermuda Depths

Last edited by RalphoR; 03-23-2020 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:11 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

It wouldn't be a deal-breaker, and it only lasted a few episodes, but are the episodes in the Warner Archive Collection's DVD release of Beyond Westworld remastered?

Another Lorimar series I'd like to see resumed and completed on DVD is Paradise. Only the first season has been released, with two seasons left to be released (the third season saw the show renamed Guns of Paradise).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies