Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Doom Patrol: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Complete Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Mr. Robot: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96

Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59

Jonny Quest: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray)
$21.25

Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Jetsons: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray)
$20.68

The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008
Default The Official "Jeremiah" Discussion Thread

So who here saw this show when it was on Showtime? I have to admit I had my doubts seeing as how the two main actors was Dylan Walsh and Theo Huxtable, and yet it was really good. The first episode was kinda shaky in parts but once the main story picked up by the end of the 1st ep it was on and poppin'!

Season 2 was even better and more action packed, and the addition of Sean Astin was great!

I just bought Season 1 off of Amazon, and will probably get the weird custom release of Season 2 next month.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I never saw it before the DVD set and working my way through it now. A decent show that should have gotten more seasons.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

I remember seeing the previews when it aired but considering I too thought oh no it's Dylan and Theo, and all the religious aspects really turned me off on ever watching this. I have yet to, I just didn't know if it was worth it or not, and how bad the religious angles where to this. To a godless degenerate heathen like myself, I didn't want to get stuck with the preachin'
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
I remember seeing the previews when it aired but considering I too thought oh no it's Dylan and Theo, and all the religious aspects really turned me off on ever watching this. I have yet to, I just didn't know if it was worth it or not, and how bad the religious angles where to this. To a godless degenerate heathen like myself, I didn't want to get stuck with the preachin'
The creator of the show (who also created Babylon 5) is an atheist I believe. There are still moments of faith in there. But you DO get to enjoy seeing Dylan curse out God in I think the 2nd or third episode.

So you have that going for you...which is nice...I guess. lol
Old 07-21-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
There are still moments of faith in there. But you DO get to enjoy seeing Dylan curse out God in I think the 2nd or third episode.

So you have that going for you...which is nice...I guess. lol
Alright, my kind of scene.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2009
Silicon Valley

I liked the series and think J Michael Straczynski had an interesting take on the Herman Huppen comics. I didn't watch it until it was already cancelled.

If anyone's interested in checking it out, and has Netflix, it's available for streaming.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Okay this is weird. Showtime released Season 1 on DVD years ago and just now got around to putting out a Season 2, only it's a "Burn on Demand" thing from Amazon and they're on DVDR's.

Both Season 1 and 2 are released in full frame, while the original broadcasts (from what I've heard) are in widescreen.

WTF?

Has that ever happened before? A show being broadcast in widescreen, and the network just not giving a shit and releasing it fullscreen?

Also does anyone know if Itunes has Season 1 and 2 in widescreen? I heard they did but wasn't sure.

If the prices aren't crazy (and they are NOT DRM infected) then I might get those....it's annoying watching a fullframe movie on a widescreen monitor. lol
Old 03-26-2020, 09:51 AM   #8

Dec 2010
France

I saw this show when it first aired, and loved it. I'd like to see it again, so I bought season 1 on dvd, but the second season dvd is crazy expensive (and it's only in 4:3, without subtitles). Plus I read that the second season was edited in HD, and widescreen. Does anyone know where to get it?

Itunes only has an SD version, and the quality looks worse than a dvd. Amazon Prime streams it (in HD?), but not in France
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows