Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Alien 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Star Trek 3-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
First Man (iTunes)
$9.99
 
Award Winning Drama Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Award Winning Classic Best Picture Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Fox 4K HDR Drama Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Alec Guinness 5 - Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Frank Capra 5-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Chicken Run (iTunes)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
Logan Lucky (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Saving Private Ryan (iTunes)
$9.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #301
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
I think if you buy a bundle you'll just end up with a two copies of the movie.
You don’t get two copies of a movie, it upgrades your HD copy to 4K by overwriting the HD copy in iCloud.

But bundles that end in .99 only upgrade to 4K in iTunes. Bundles that end in .98 or .97 will upgrade to 4K in iTunes and overwrite Movies Anywhere rights from HD to 4K.

Last edited by steve_dave; 02-08-2019 at 06:20 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (02-09-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 11:53 PM   #302
heyadol heyadol is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2014
75
3
33
68
1035
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
You don’t get two copies of a movie, it upgrades your HD copy to 4K by overwriting the HD copy in iCloud.
It depends on the movie and when you purchased it. If the studio sent a new version to iTunes (or the movie changed distributors) after your original purchase, AND it has a new iTunes ID because of the changes, you will have the original plus the upgrade.

For me it only seems to happen with Sony (Ghostbusters 2 and Labyrinth) and WB titles (The Dark Knight and The Hangover). For the purchases I mentioned, they "new versions" added iTunes Extras; subsequent changes to picture/sound quality haven't introduced new versions in my library.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 01:15 AM   #303
Rik1138 Rik1138 is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2008
LA, CA
267
163
41
504
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek71 View Post
The movie is "Robin Hood: Men In Tights" by Mel Brooks. There is nothing wrong with the audio. It's the video, the movie opens with a scene from the end of it like it's some kind of Pulp Fiction remix.
Does it start with Fox logo and then the odd scene, or does it just start in the middle of a scene? Does it happen on multiple devices? (Apple TV, PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad?)

Can anyone else confirm this?

If it's a problem with the file on Apple's servers, the studio will have to replace it, so you'd get a faster response by contacting them. But want to make sure it's not an encoding glitch or something that happened when you downloaded the file (assuming you are playing a downloaded file that is...)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:33 AM   #304
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
You don’t get two copies of a movie, it upgrades your HD copy to 4K by overwriting the HD copy in iCloud.

But bundles that end in .99 only upgrade to 4K in iTunes. Bundles that end in .98 or .97 will upgrade to 4K in iTunes and overwrite Movies Anywhere rights from HD to 4K.
I'm was certain I ended up with a double after buying a bundle, but I suppose I could be mistaken.

Last edited by ManOfTheForest; 02-09-2019 at 02:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #305
CCBong CCBong is offline
Active Member
 
CCBong's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
San Diego, CA
475
45
727
718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Apparently I redeemed a code for Bad Boys years ago but I see the 4K bundle is on iTunes for 9.99

If I buy that will my HD Bad Boys get switched to the 4K version?
I redeemed both bad boys as a HD code redemption awhile back. In December iTunes had both for $4.99 each (not as a bundle.) 4K at that price was great so I made the upgrade as a gift to myself. The iTunes copies got upgraded to 4K DV but didn’t port to MA in 4K due to the original redemption. That’s ok with me since iTunes is my preferred method of watching streamed movies on my appleTV 4K.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #306
XanderAE XanderAE is offline
Senior Member
 
XanderAE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
407
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
Well, it works, technically... That style of gallery playback is essentially broken, something Apple has never fixed. Each image will display for 1 minute (this duration is programmable, I timed the D9 images), and then it will advance to the next one, but it only works if you don't touch anything. Click on the 'Film Folio' option, and then don't touch the remote. If you try to advance forward faster, or backwards, you risk breaking it and either causing it to lock up, or skip images. You just have to wait it out.

The 'camera photo gallery' in the first Hangover film is like this too... There's 100 images in it, and you just have to wait for each one to come up or you will never see them all.



Yeah, UK and Ireland are the two territories affected. Currently, the one with the new poster art is the world-wide one (Aquaman standing up-right in gold), so that will be the 'unrated' one in UK/Ireland. The Apple ID for that one is 1444244278 if you know how to view those (right-click the poster image in iTunes, select 'copy link', past that into Notepad, the Apple ID is at the end of the link.. As you can see in the original post.).

The one with Aquaman squatting down (Apple ID 1446511069) is the one that appears only in the UK and Ireland, so I assume that will be the 12A rated one once they update that information...

If you want to pre-order it, just make sure you are choosing the correct one...
Has anyone’s preorder for the ‘unrated’ Aquaman version in the UK store disappeared? Well, my preorder is still there but the actual film is missing. Only the version with the image of Arther squatting is now searchable...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:07 AM   #307
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderAE View Post
Has anyone’s preorder for the ‘unrated’ Aquaman version in the UK store disappeared? Well, my preorder is still there but the actual film is missing. Only the version with the image of Arther squatting is now searchable...
Maybe there was never supposed to be two versions available? They might have spotted it when adding the Extras preview.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
IronSoldier (02-11-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #308
moviegeek71 moviegeek71 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2017
USA
1
1
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek71 View Post
I have a purchased movie from iTunes that doesn't play correctly (out of sync). How would I even report this to Apple? It's past the 60 days or whatever to ask for a refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek71 View Post
The movie is "Robin Hood: Men In Tights" by Mel Brooks. There is nothing wrong with the audio. It's the video, the movie opens with a scene from the end of it like it's some kind of Pulp Fiction remix.
I have found that it only has issue on my Apple TV and plays fine on my other devices. Now what? This is the only movie, out of thousands, that I've ever had an issue with on my Apple TV. Again, the audio is fine and plays from the beginning but the movie plays the last 15 minutes of it (from the start of play) and then stops. Does Apple TV have a cache and if so, is there a way to clear it? Hopefully for that one movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #309
Rik1138 Rik1138 is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2008
LA, CA
267
163
41
504
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek71 View Post
I have found that it only has issue on my Apple TV and plays fine on my other devices. Now what? This is the only movie, out of thousands, that I've ever had an issue with on my Apple TV. Again, the audio is fine and plays from the beginning but the movie plays the last 15 minutes of it (from the start of play) and then stops. Does Apple TV have a cache and if so, is there a way to clear it? Hopefully for that one movie.
Hmm, so it has to be a glitch with the way the ATV is playing it back... Which ATV do you have?
It doesn't have a permanent cache I don't think (certainly the 2 and 3 don't), but the only ways I can think of to clear it would be to unplug it, see if that works, or a factory reset on the device (But depending on how much setup you've done to it, that might be a pain...).

But it's definitely an Apple problem, so they'd be the ones to contact if you can't figure it out. (And they would definitely do the factory reset, so if nothing else works, might as well try that.)

Also, make sure it's on the latest firmware, although I doubt that has anything to do with it...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:12 AM   #310
Whatman245 Whatman245 is online now
Active Member
 
Jan 2013
215
Default

I asked this a few days ago on the iTunes Discount and Sales thread but I figured I'd ask here as well, is anybody else having their iTunes Purchased Movies section incorrectly ordered? I have mine ordered by "Most Recent." but it's not ordered in that way. It's very weird, like the first few rows are movies ported from VUDU/MA and then, the next few rows are movies I bought from iTunes and then the following rows are ordered alphabetically I think, even though I sort it as "Most Recent." It's been like this for a few days now, I figured it was a glitch that would be fixed in a day or two but it's still like this.I don't think any movies are missing but with my OCD, this kinda bothers me lol. Anybody else have the same issue in their iTune Purchased Movies section?

I noticed it's like that on my Apple TV 4K and on my TV iOS app on my iPhone app as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:25 AM   #311
Kage Kage is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2007
DFW, TX
897
68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatman245 View Post
I asked this a few days ago on the iTunes Discount and Sales thread but I figured I'd ask here as well, is anybody else having their iTunes Purchased Movies section incorrectly ordered? I have mine ordered by "Most Recent." but it's not ordered in that way. It's very weird, like the first few rows are movies ported from VUDU/MA and then, the next few rows are movies I bought from iTunes and then the following rows are ordered alphabetically I think, even though I sort it as "Most Recent." It's been like this for a few days now, I figured it was a glitch that would be fixed in a day or two but it's still like this.I don't think any movies are missing but with my OCD, this kinda bothers me lol. Anybody else have the same issue in their iTune Purchased Movies section?

I noticed it's like that on my Apple TV 4K and on my TV iOS app on my iPhone app as well.
Same thing is happening with my ATV4K. My iOS devices had the same issue and got fixed two days ago by signing off my iTunes account and signing back in to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:39 AM   #312
Whatman245 Whatman245 is online now
Active Member
 
Jan 2013
215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
Same thing is happening with my ATV4K. My iOS devices had the same issue and got fixed two days ago by signing off my iTunes account and signing back in to it.
I did what you did on my iOS devices and it worked. It's sorted by most recent again.

I think I tried signing out and back in on my Apple TV 4K a few days ago to see if it'll fix the order issue but it didn't do anything. I can't try it again right now but I'll try later tonight to see if that'll do anything.

I tried the same thing on my iMac by signing out and signing back in but unfortunately, the order is still messed up.

If anybody has any other suggestions, please do let me know. It'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Just checked my iOS app again, seems some of my more recent TV seasons are missing, like Arrow, The Flash, etc. I'm not sure if any of my movies are missing since I have like 800 movies. I really hope iTunes fixes all this. I know it's not a big deal and all but stuff like this and the incorrect order of movies bothers me lol. God, first world problems lol.

Last edited by Whatman245; 02-14-2019 at 06:15 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #313
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatman245 View Post
I did what you did on my iOS devices and it worked. It's sorted by most recent again.

I think I tried signing out and back in on my Apple TV 4K a few days ago to see if it'll fix the order issue but it didn't do anything. I can't try it again right now but I'll try later tonight to see if that'll do anything.

I tried the same thing on my iMac by signing out and signing back in but unfortunately, the order is still messed up.

If anybody has any other suggestions, please do let me know. It'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Just checked my iOS app again, seems some of my more recent TV seasons are missing, like Arrow, The Flash, etc. I'm not sure if any of my movies are missing since I have like 800 movies. I really hope iTunes fixes all this. I know it's not a big deal and all but stuff like this and the incorrect order of movies bothers me lol. God, first world problems lol.
Yes, life is pretty much okay when this kind of thing is what worries us.

I got a fright at first when I saw it on AppleTV. It was showing purchases from over a year ago as the most recent and I thought most f my library was gone.

I knew it happened on TV shows and music but the movies were still there so I assumed TV and music was okay. Thanks for mentioning it so I can check mine.

How do you view recent purchases on iOS? Mine just list alphabetically.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #314
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2017
267
64
357
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
How do you view recent purchases on iOS? Mine just list alphabetically.
iOS:
TV App, Recently Purchaeed Films (or Programs)

ATV:
Movies/TV Shows - Purchased - Recent Purchases.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #315
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
iOS:
TV App, Recently Purchaeed Films (or Programs)

ATV:
Movies/TV Shows - Purchased - Recent Purchases.
I'm not so bad that I can't see the option on AppleTV

However my iPod Touch shows only my purchases listed alphabetically.Maybe viewing recent purchases is only allowed on iPhones and iPads.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:02 PM   #316
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
Default

Are Apple putting their forthcoming TV shows on iTunes, a separate section of iTunes or on a completely new service?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #317
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
Default

Does anyone know if Annihilation in the Ireland and the UK will have iTunes Extras?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 PM.