Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Hemisphere Box of Horrors (Blu-ray)
$57.67

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.00

Outlander: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$44.95

Outlander: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

How to Train Your Dragon: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$26.96

A Dog's Way Home (Blu-ray)
$19.95

All Eyez on Me (Blu-ray)
$4.99
22 hrs ago
Bitter Moon (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Pet Sematary 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Bumblebee / Transformers: 6-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$51.15

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion

Old 02-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #8441
Special Member

Oct 2012
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothevoid2007 View Post
Quick question....I recently bought a 48Ē x 60Ē subway poster of the new Halloween movie. I have no idea where I would get a frame for this as everyone I look at doesnít go this big (something I should have probably checked into before purchasing). Does anyone have any idea of an online source or B&M store I could hit up at a reasonable cost? Thanks ahead of time......
You're probably going to have to find a custom framer and hope the plexi (it'll likely be plastic as glass would weigh a ton) goes that big. I just framed a 39x55 poster and got a great deal from a local framer for $300 (it would have been absurd at somewhere like Michaels if they'd even handle something that large).
Old 02-20-2019, 12:48 AM   #8442
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 View Post
Another curious about https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNFORGIVEN-...YAAOSwr~lYnxAy

I have read warnings about OKC and Rochester sellers, I guess as Syracuse fairly close to latter I wonder if same guy. Though I wonder if it is only the highly desirable IPs from the mid 80s and earlier one has to really worry about (Lucas, Spielberg, Kubrick, etc).
Hard to say when they use a stock image and not images of the actual poster. I understand the importance of showing a stock image but the seller really should show the actual poster that is up for auction. If you contact the seller perhaps you can ask him/her to post up actual images and making sure they do a precise measurement of it too.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:51 AM   #8443
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothevoid2007 View Post
Quick question....I recently bought a 48Ē x 60Ē subway poster of the new Halloween movie. I have no idea where I would get a frame for this as everyone I look at doesnít go this big (something I should have probably checked into before purchasing). Does anyone have any idea of an online source or B&M store I could hit up at a reasonable cost? Thanks ahead of time......
I agree with Seth's comments above. Glass that size would not only be expensive but with glass already being delicate/fragile in nature, something that size could probably easily break under the slightest pressure. Going with plexi-glass would be ideal, you could have the framer quote you for standard and UV-plexiglass. Clearly it would need to be something framed locally. There are other much cheaper options out there, if you don't want to put a lot of money into framing you could always affix to your wall with those double-stick velcro squares that 3M makes, but they would have to be placed on the back of the actual poster which would affect the value of it, but if you don't mind that, it would be a much cheaper option over framing.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:30 PM   #8444
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Has anyone here worked a theater in the early mid 90s and knows how Uni posters were mailed to theaters? I see a poster I am interested in, of a highly faked title, on the Bay. It is $100 where reprints are like $20 so do not want to pay that much if I am paying for a reprint.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:28 AM   #8445

Feb 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Has anyone here worked a theater in the early mid 90s and knows how Uni posters were mailed to theaters? I see a poster I am interested in, of a highly faked title, on the Bay. It is $100 where reprints are like $20 so do not want to pay that much if I am paying for a reprint.
Is it double sided?
Old 02-24-2019, 07:04 AM   #8446
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Can you elaborate a bit more with regards to what you meant by "Uni" posters? Did you mean Universal? What is the poster title? How theaters get posters really hasn't changed. Studios print the posters up, they then go to distribution hubs who ship them out to theaters. When posters are printed by the studios they get rolled 50 posters together and boxed and then the distribution hubs open those boxes and ship them out to theaters generally a theater will get one or a few of a poster title from Technicolor or Deluxe. There have been times when studios would have reps in major cities who would get the posters and handle the distribution and displaying of the posters themselves, I believe Disney mainly did that for their posters but unsure if they still do. But more info regarding what the poster title is would help.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:13 AM   #8447
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gory View Post
Is it double sided?
There was a time when that was all that was needed to determine an original and a reprint, but that changed several years ago when some despicable people out there started printing double-sided fakes. Studios also changed how double-sided originals were printed, before they had the same color consistency on the back as the front. The originals now (and most within the past 11+ years) have a lighter back side than the front, still double-sided, still the same image on the back but reversed, but the color is a bit lighter on the back. For example, Dark Knight, by WB, the first two posters for the film (aka the two teaser advance styles) had the same color consistency on the front and back), they were some of the last ones to be like that.

The two final styles when released had the lighter color on the backside. Double-sided style B teasers for that film started hitting the market but the size gives those away along with a few other things to look for, some were being printed by the defunct MovieGoods site and they were selling them off on eBay and to other dealers who didn't know better. Take a look at MoviePoster .com's website, generally a good dealer, but they offer up a double-sided advance B for DK but they refer to it as a "limited edition". Its a counterfeit fake there were no "limited edition" double-sided reprints made of that poster, reprints don't come double-sided unless they are printed under the table. Why they are peddling garbage like that is beyond me, they know better. Just my opinion but I suspect those were purchased from MovieGoods.com before they shut down, and perhaps mislead other dealers since they were clearly misleading customers into thinking they were original. That's just one poster as an example of double-sided fakes out there......
Thanks given by:
Gory (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #8448

Feb 2009
Chicago, IL

I did know that some bootleggers were doing double sided fakes but wasnít aware about the studios were doing the lighter print on the reverse. Thank you for the heads up. Iím glad there is a way to tell. Iíve gotten burned a couple times over the years on bootlegs on older films in the early eBay days but now I only buy from dealers I know online or in person where I can inspect the posters myself. Though my collecting has slowed. I have too many.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:49 PM   #8449
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
I did know that some bootleggers were doing double sided fakes but wasnít aware about the studios were doing the lighter print on the reverse. Thank you for the heads up. Iím glad there is a way to tell. Iíve gotten burned a couple times over the years on bootlegs on older films in the early eBay days but now I only buy from dealers I know online or in person where I can inspect the posters myself. Though my collecting has slowed. I have too many.
Smaller studios may still do them the same way as before but everything I have seen since about 2007 or mid-2008 have had the lighter back side. Only exception to this is the IMAX exclusive style for Dark Knight Rises. Its an insanely rare style, but IMAX wanted their own version and from what I heard back when it was hitting, was the main studio, WB didn't have the printing or distribution of it, IMAX did, and because it was a last minute style, it was printed by IMAX. I had some available around that time, nice poster with different artwork than the other styles but also was able to confirm the originals had the same color consistency on both sides. I have not personally seen any bootlegs of that particular style, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Thanks given by:
Gory (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 04:02 PM   #8450

Feb 2009
Chicago, IL

Great to know! I love knowing things about movie posters. Iíve been collecting them for over 20 years and I didnít know about the different printing on more recent ones. How long have you been collecting Kinsella?
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #8451
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2016
Pittsburgh

Working at a theatre during The Force Awakens, we got a couple character (Han, Rey, etc.) 4x6 'bus shelters' that were only one-sided directly from Disney. However, we also got a couple that were double-sided, also directly from Disney. Both were authentic, but the internet would have you believe that the one-sided was a fake.
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #8452
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Great to know! I love knowing things about movie posters. Iíve been collecting them for over 20 years and I didnít know about the different printing on more recent ones. How long have you been collecting Kinsella?
My personal collection is actually quite small, but my inventory is in the thousands. I became more of a poster dealer/reseller around 1990, but was collecting personally shortly before that. I ended up in the late 90's selling all my original vintage Star Wars posters from my personal collection to a collector in England, he made me an offer at the time I could not refuse and since I only have limited wall space, a good number of my personal favorites are framed up on my walls. But from a poster dealer standpoint I have tons, most titles in quantity, but my older inventory I may only have a few of each title. I have never done a website, one of these days I will.
Thanks given by:
Gory (02-26-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 06:26 PM   #8453
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
Working at a theatre during The Force Awakens, we got a couple character (Han, Rey, etc.) 4x6 'bus shelters' that were only one-sided directly from Disney. However, we also got a couple that were double-sided, also directly from Disney. Both were authentic, but the internet would have you believe that the one-sided was a fake.
Studios do produce original single-sided posters, etc. as you know, however collectors always prefer double-sided when possible. I can understand why people automatically assume single-sided means reprint, and generally its because so much stuff gets reprinted and not licensed but under the table stuff. Double-sided fakes exist out there, and not just from overseas sellers, but domestic sellers too. I only will deal with originals, and cater to collectors. If someone wants a cheap reprint to display and doesn't care about collecting I can respect that but just not something I ever have carried or will carry because licensed reprints are hard to find, knock offs are quite easy to find.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:57 AM   #8454

Feb 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
My personal collection is actually quite small, but my inventory is in the thousands. I became more of a poster dealer/reseller around 1990, but was collecting personally shortly before that. I ended up in the late 90's selling all my original vintage Star Wars posters from my personal collection to a collector in England, he made me an offer at the time I could not refuse and since I only have limited wall space, a good number of my personal favorites are framed up on my walls. But from a poster dealer standpoint I have tons, most titles in quantity, but my older inventory I may only have a few of each title. I have never done a website, one of these days I will.
Wow! Very cool. Do you sell them on Ebay or at conventions? I plan to slim down my collection to just ones I really want and know I'll display or swap out. I think we all go through that one period where you get everything you come across. Including a lot of lots of posters. Some of which I still need to go through and catalog.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:01 AM   #8455
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Wow! Very cool. Do you sell them on Ebay or at conventions? I plan to slim down my collection to just ones I really want and know I'll display or swap out. I think we all go through that one period where you get everything you come across. Including a lot of lots of posters. Some of which I still need to go through and catalog.
I used to do eBay but eBay has become a haven for knock offs and reprints, originals can still be found on there but at times can be hard to find. I probably will return to eBay when it comes to posters as there are people who want originals and not the reprints, plus I tend to be detailed in my auctions and some sellers don't even know what style it is they are selling. Yes I do conventions, I don't do as many shows as I used to but I still do them. Trust me I hear you on cataloging titles, doing an accurate inventory has been my project for a while but not enough time in the day to focus on it most of the time. Soon though......
Thanks given by:
Gory (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 01:45 AM   #8456

Feb 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
I used to do eBay but eBay has become a haven for knock offs and reprints, originals can still be found on there but at times can be hard to find. I probably will return to eBay when it comes to posters as there are people who want originals and not the reprints, plus I tend to be detailed in my auctions and some sellers don't even know what style it is they are selling. Yes I do conventions, I don't do as many shows as I used to but I still do them. Trust me I hear you on cataloging titles, doing an accurate inventory has been my project for a while but not enough time in the day to focus on it most of the time. Soon though......
I know what you mean. I don't use Ebay anymore. The few that I get now I only get from sellers I know. Emovieposter online and then a couple of sellers I see at conventions.

Whenever I got a poster I took a picture of it right away so I have some sort of log but I haven't from some of the lots so I have catching up to do. I moved a year and a half ago so I keep telling myself I'll get to it but ... yeah. lol
Old 02-26-2019, 05:09 AM   #8457
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
I know what you mean. I don't use Ebay anymore. The few that I get now I only get from sellers I know. Emovieposter online and then a couple of sellers I see at conventions.

Whenever I got a poster I took a picture of it right away so I have some sort of log but I haven't from some of the lots so I have catching up to do. I moved a year and a half ago so I keep telling myself I'll get to it but ... yeah. lol
I cant vouch for individual eBay sellers meaning just people who get a few posters from their local theater or work at a theater themselves. There are a few "poster dealers" on eBay who are legit, and there are some legit websites. I have been a poster dealer for a long time, and while it can be difficult to get originals at times, that is all I focus on. You can private message me anytime if you are looking for anything as well, if I have it I can let you know.
Thanks given by:
Gory (02-27-2019)
Old 02-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #8458

Feb 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
I cant vouch for individual eBay sellers meaning just people who get a few posters from their local theater or work at a theater themselves. There are a few "poster dealers" on eBay who are legit, and there are some legit websites. I have been a poster dealer for a long time, and while it can be difficult to get originals at times, that is all I focus on. You can private message me anytime if you are looking for anything as well, if I have it I can let you know.
Thank you so much!
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (02-27-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion