Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Lego Movie 2 Videogame (Xbox One)
$27.99

Far Cry New Dawn (Xbox One)
$19.99

NBA 2K19 (Xbox One)
$23.45
13 hrs ago
Madden NFL 19 (Xbox One)
$24.99

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 2 (Xbox One)
$44.99

Lego DC Supervillains (Xbox One)
$29.99

Spyro Reignited Trilogy / Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy (Xbox One)
$48.94

F1 2018 (Xbox One)
$34.97

Jump Force (Xbox One)
$49.95

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)
$29.99

Monster Hunter: World (Xbox One)
$19.99

Trials Rising (Xbox One)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 11-23-2018, 02:52 AM   #1921
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
If your drive was full of games from a previous system you should only need to sign in with your account and they should work just fine.
Cheers.

I did read that the external USB has to support 3.0 which I checked & mine does.

Dunno why but with the same HDD for the launch model going into the Halo Fat model, I was forced to reformat.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #1922

Nov 2010
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I caved.

Itís $100 off now in Canada. Should arrive tomorrow.

I have an external USB HDD. Do I have to re-download all my games? Thanks
Get a chance to try it out? Impressions? Worth it to you?
Old 11-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #1923
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy1 View Post
Get a chance to try it out? Impressions? Worth it to you?
Yeah.

Easy setup, no power brick was nice. Form factor of console is very slick.
Had minor login issue to Live but that got sorted.
I’m not using my USB HDD because the home screen is tooo slow with it.
I like the stock HDD, surprised that it is really close to SSD speeds on smaller games.
I installed 10 games so far. 1 game took me 18 hours because I wanted all of my 2000+ add ons.

So I immediately noticed very little fan noise. It’s really quiet!

The Controller it comes with is the 3RD revision (to my knowledge excluding Elite) & it feels great with the added grip underneath & I noticed the X button is smaller. I still have my Day 1 2013 Controller. Yeah sum differences there for the better.

The games I played to test & compare with my PS4 Pro versions was interesting.
In short, games like Fallout 4, Battlefront 2, Red Dead Redemption 2 look much better on a 4K screen. I put Rise of the Tomb Raider on for that 3RD option exclusive. I didn’t see the difference between consoles there nor Battlefront 2015. Those 2 look the same on both.

Final Fantasy 13 trilogy........

Night & Day difference from Xbox One VS Xbox One X. You really even can’t compare them side by side. The X is a full blown ReMaster while the old console is a basic port. So I’m very happy with that.

After playing sum RDR2 on the thing, I noticed 0 Audio fan noise from the console. Native 4K looks great. Game Audio is still an issue for headphone users like myself.

Overall,

I am very happy I got this $100 off. I wish I could of got it for $400 but that doesn’t fly up here in Canada because we always charge 25% more on anything games & gaming consoles so for $500 + tax, yes I’m in & im happy with X.

No Subs, other than Live. I’m still on fence with GamePass.

I’d improve the OS with X. It “in my experience” isn’t any faster at simple tasks when compared to the Xbox One Fat. Again, in my experience over the last few days. Maybe drop sum adds would speed it up? I get 200MB/s download speed so it ain’t a net thing.
Thanks given by:
ramzy1 (11-27-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #1924
Power Member

Aug 2008

If anyone's on the fence or missed out last week, the base console and the FO76 bundle are currently listed at $379.99 by antonline via eBay. They had the same deal going during Black Friday.

Last edited by Autumn Shroud; 12-05-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:41 PM   #1925
Special Member

Nov 2013

Metro Exodus is native 4K on the One X with Dolby Atmos support. It looks fantastic.

Last edited by BrownianMotion; 02-16-2019 at 04:31 AM.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (02-16-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #1926
Special Member

Nov 2013

GamingBolt recommends the Xbox One X version of Metro Exodus over PC and PS4 Pro.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #1927
Special Member

Nov 2013

Interesting interview with the developers of Anthem.

Quote:
What specifically is your development team doing to enhance Anthem for Xbox One X?

The Anthem team has been able to leverage the power of the Xbox One X to deliver enhanced graphics to our players. The added GPU power of this console allows Anthem to render at native 4K and with HDR. To complement the increased image quality of 4K, we have also increased the resolution at which we render shadows in the game, and we have enhanced the rendering of in-game terrain. Finally, the added memory of the Xbox One X allows us to increase the number of meshes and textures we stream into the player’s view at any given moment.

How do these enhancements impact the gaming experience?

The world of Anthem is dangerous and exciting. The enhancements we’ve been able to make on the Xbox One X affords our players a more immersive experience. The improvements in image quality really help showcase the beautiful world our team has created. HDR support is particularly impactful when a group of javelins starts engaging in heavy combat.

Why did your development team choose to focus on these enhancement areas?

Delivering the artistic vision of Anthem to players was a focal point for our team. We experimented with several things and ultimately felt that the enhancements enumerated above were a natural fit for the added horsepower of the Xbox One X.

How do you expect fans of Anthem will respond to seeing/playing it on Xbox One X with these enhancements?

Once players see Anthem running on the Xbox One X, it becomes apparent that this is one of the best ways to experience it. No other console can handle the improvements to image fidelity while also rendering at native 4K. Anthem is quite stunning when played on Xbox One X.

How has the process been to get the game up and running on Xbox One X?

The Xbox One X has been a great console to work with. The development tools are very good, and they really help the team solve the challenging problems that invariably arise when you make a game as complex as Anthem. We’ve also had a great relationship with the team at Microsoft, and they’ve been very supportive. The combination of those factors makes working on the Xbox One X a great experience.

What enhancements were you most excited about to explore leveraging for Anthem on Xbox One X?

Having the option to allow Anthem to support native 4K and HDR rendering is simply amazing. In the very early days of getting Anthem running on the Xbox One X, the first test we did was to run a simple game level at native 4K resolution. That level consisted of a javelin flying around an empty box. That may not sound thrilling, but we were really excited by the results! The team immediately decided to push native 4K as our target on the Xbox One X.

What do 4K and HDR mean for your game, games in the future, and development at your studio?

It’s extremely important for BioWare that we use technology to enhance how players interact with our worlds and experience our stories. Having our games support both 4K and HDR is an important component of our ability to succeed in that. The difference between 1080p and 4K is substantial and allows for our players to see all the detail we painstakingly craft into our games. Similarly, HDR allows the games rendered images to burst into life with vibrant colors. We will continue to look for ways to leverage emerging technologies to make the best games possible.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/02/...expidsF4Mhq.99
Old 02-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #1928
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

I can't remember if the demo had HDR enabled or not. I remember it looking really nice from the time I spent with it. Half tempted to pull the trigger on Metro. Maybe once I get Spiderman and Crackdown 3 finished up.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #1929
Special Member

Nov 2013

Analysis of the HDR in Metro Exodus.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:58 AM   #1930
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Metro looks good even without HDR or Ray Tracing on X.

The loading times are around 1 minute on stock HDD. Am taking a break from game cuz I don’t want it to end.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #1931

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownianMotion View Post
Metro Exodus is native 4K on the One X with Dolby Atmos support. It looks fantastic.
Is it not on the PS4 Pro?
Old 02-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #1932
Special Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Is it not on the PS4 Pro?
Not in native 4K, no. The Pro could never support native 4K on such a game. The only games the Pro can produce a native 4K image in are ones that are not graphically demanding (mostly sports games.)

Doesn't support Atmos on the Pro either.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #1933

Nov 2010
Minnesota

In fact PS4 or the Pro don't support Atmos.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:39 AM   #1934
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy1 View Post
In fact PS4 or the Pro don't support Atmos.
Xbox does but itís a paid service.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #1935

Nov 2010
Minnesota

How is it a paid service? Itís a free software app and then a change in the audio options.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #1936
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

The charge is only for headphone use.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/...atmos-feature/

Quote:
Windows Sonic for Headphones is available out of the box, while Dolby Atmos for Headphones is $14.99 USD and provides additional support for Dolby Atmos movies.
The last sentence reads poorly but is clarified here

Quote:
Dolby Atmos for home theater can be experienced for free through your Dolby Atmos supported home theater system, sound bar, or TV. To enable on your Xbox One, install and open the Dolby Access app, and follow the instructions provided.
Thanks given by:
ramzy1 (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #1937
Expert Member

Jan 2009
SF Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
The charge is only for headphone use.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/...atmos-feature/

The last sentence reads poorly but is clarified here
Indeed and it is worth pointing out that it isn't a "service" as mentioned previously, it is a one time purchase. (I consider s service having a recurring charge.)
Old 02-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #1938
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

.?

How do they know you are using headphones?

Anyway, you have to pay after a 30 day free trial. I believe itís $15 in my area.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #1939
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

The £15 is the licence fee, that's what I read yesterday when I was looking up what this was on my PC. They said MS didn't want to pay the licence fee so passed it on to the end user which I guess is fair.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #1940
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
The £15 is the licence fee, that's what I read yesterday when I was looking up what this was on my PC. They said MS didn't want to pay the licence fee so passed it on to the end user which I guess is fair.
Is it worth it?

I always game with Sennheiser headphones for Xbox One X only.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One