Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$11.98
2 hrs ago
Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
13 hrs ago
Bitter Moon (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Backdraft 2 (Blu-ray)
$16.56

Outlander: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Hemisphere Box of Horrors (Blu-ray)
$57.67

Triple Threat (Blu-ray)
$17.58

Hellboy II: The Golden Army 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.00

Outlander: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

How to Train Your Dragon: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Dragon Ball Z: Season 5 (Blu-ray)
$15.99
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia

Old 02-20-2019, 03:12 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE
Default My Good Guy Doll Arrived! (Trick or Treat Studios)

First offered as part of a kickstarter campaign in May of 2018, after 9 long months of waiting my Officially licensed 1:1 scale reproduction Good Guy doll arrived today and I am sooooo happy I ordered this guy. He is outstanding quality and super cool. His body is a foam composite surrounding a flexible skeleton inside allowing him to be posed in any way you desire while also having the rigidity to stand on his own. The hands, feet, and head all swivel though sadly the fingers are vinyl and unable to grasp. He does not blink or talk though I do have a solution already worked out in regards to his voice that I will be implementing in the near future. He wasn't cheap... at $525 shipped he took a lot of thinking but I am so glad to have him in my movie room with my other horror collectibles. The knife, a Good Guys Doll Sticker, numbered box and exclusive enamel pin were all bonus add-on's for funding the doll. (Only the knife is pictured).

I will say this, this guy is huge. I have a much MUCH deeper appreciation for the terror that this guy would cause running around and screaming like a maniac in the films. He would be downright terrifying to see alive.

Thanks given by:
bdmckinl (02-20-2019), cuzzin (02-20-2019), drdare (02-20-2019), Gory (02-21-2019), Heapashifter (02-20-2019), henry00x (02-20-2019), shrex (02-20-2019), slm (02-20-2019), StarDestroyer52 (02-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 04:13 AM   #2
Special Member

Dec 2011
Houston, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
He would be downright terrifying to see alive.
Famous last words.

Seriously though, very cool. Mine will supposedly be here by Friday. I wish the knife would have been doll sized and not human sized, like in the movie. Not that I bought one, but still.

I have been looking at display cabinets for him. I'm leaning towards the Fabrikor from Ikea. Are you going to display him inside the box or outside?
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (02-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Special Member

Jul 2010

Looks great! Mine will be here tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Gory (02-21-2019), TripleHBK (02-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 09:54 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
Famous last words.

Seriously though, very cool. Mine will supposedly be here by Friday. I wish the knife would have been doll sized and not human sized, like in the movie. Not that I bought one, but still.

I have been looking at display cabinets for him. I'm leaning towards the Fabrikor from Ikea. Are you going to display him inside the box or outside?
For the better part of the last 9 months my plans have been to put him back into the box and then to rig up a mounting system to display him mounted on my wall similar to what is seen around the 20 second mark in this video...

However after getting this guy out and handling him a bit I relly don't know that I want to put him back into the box now. For the moment I have him sitting on top of an equipment rack that I have in my movie room. He looks good there, but my plan is to paint the room this spring, build brand new shelving from floor to ceiling and remove much of the shelves/structures currently occupying the space. If I do that I won't have a place for him to sit and will need to figure something else out. the display case idea is a good one, but I'm not sure it would fit with what I want to do in the room. Given his size/build quality, I may end up looking for some sort of display pedestal and just have him on display that way.... Until I finish remodeling the room though it's anyone's guess how he'll eventually end up displayed.

On related note, I was Kickstarter # 719 according to my sticker. I'd love to see your guy's display options when yours arrive. My outer box was mostly in good shape, however the plastic piece inside that supported his head had exploded at some point and had several chunks knocked out of it and loosely sitting inside the box. Thankfully the bits I cared about are intact, but still strange. I'm curious to see/hear how yours arrive and what you plan to do with them.

Last edited by TripleHBK; 02-20-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Thanks given by:
Gory (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 10:00 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruemorgue10 View Post
Looks great! Mine will be here tomorrow.
Post up pics once you get him and know how you're going to display him!
Thanks given by:
Ruemorgue10 (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #6

Dec 2010
California

Wow - that's awesome!! Great pictures. I didn't even know he was for sale. That's a cool addition to your collection.
In general, I'm not into collectible figures/figurines etc (just movies), but this is one I'd like to have!

p.s. And I like the flowers in the background! Valentines Day?

Last edited by slm; 02-21-2019 at 12:03 AM.
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Wow - that's awesome!! Great pictures. I didn't even know he was for sale. That's a cool addition to your collection.
In general, I'm not into collectible figures/figurines etc (just movies), but this is one I'd like to have!

p.s. And I like the flowers in the background! Valentines Day?
Yeah I've collected all sorts of toys and stuff in the past but generally don't collect much beyond Blu Ray's, comics and the occasional movie prop these days. I have my Freddy Glove, Jason mask, Hellraiser puzzle box and now Chucky as display pieces at the moment.

As for the flowers you guessed right, they were part of her valentines day gift.

Last edited by TripleHBK; 02-21-2019 at 01:33 AM.
Thanks given by:
slm (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 12:52 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Neat. I have the cheaper Bride of Chucky set they sold at Spencers around the time the movie came out, look like this:

The neighborhood kids like it when I put them in the window for Halloween. They're nowhere near as crafted as this guy, though!
Thanks given by:
henry00x (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 12:57 AM   #9

Dec 2010
California

Perfect - you get a Chucky Doll and she gets flowers!! I just went to the Trick or Treat Studios site... that's neat that you were part of the Kickstarter fund and received the limited edition "extras". You'll have to post more pictures after you get him displayed and finish remodeling your movie room. I'm off to google the Hellraiser Puzzle box!
Old 02-21-2019, 01:05 AM   #10

Dec 2010
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
[Show spoiler]Neat. I have the cheaper Bride of Chucky set they sold at Spencers around the time the movie came out, look like this:

The neighborhood kids like it when I put them in the window for Halloween.
I like yours, too! That's a FUN idea to put them in the window! Trick or Treat Studios should release the Bride of Chucky next!
Old 02-21-2019, 01:23 AM   #11

Feb 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
On related note, I was Kickstarter # 719 according to my sticker. I'd love to see your guy's display options when yours arrive. My outer box was mostly in good shape, however the plastic piece inside that supported his head had exploded at some point and had several chunks knocked out of it and loosely sitting inside the box. Thankfully the bits I cared about are intact, but still strange. I'm curious to see/hear how yours arrive and what you plan to do with them.
So awesome you got yours too! Mine arrived yesterday. As nice as it looks in pictures I am really blown away by how great it looks in person. And like you mentioned, it is huge. My number is 87. I'm not sure if these are random or the actual order in which we donated. I did get in quick when it first went up though.

I'm planning a special spot for it. I'm waiting on the extras to come in. I got a photo op with some of the cast members from several of the films last summer that I'm going to put with it. Definitely one of those center pieces of a collection. Even if it keeps other people away.
Thanks given by:
slm (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 01:40 AM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Perfect - you get a Chucky Doll and she gets flowers!! I just went to the Trick or Treat Studios site... that's neat that you were part of the Kickstarter fund and received the limited edition "extras". You'll have to post more pictures after you get him displayed and finish remodeling your movie room. I'm off to google the Hellraiser Puzzle box!
http://www.thepuzzleboxmaker.com/purchase/

This is where I picked up my puzzle box. I have the cheaper model at the moment but am hoping to get the more expensive model in the future.

If you like Freddy Gloves check...

https://www.razorgloves.com/

I have the basic model glove that still looks amazingly authentic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gory View Post
So awesome you got yours too! Mine arrived yesterday. As nice as it looks in pictures I am really blown away by how great it looks in person. And like you mentioned, it is huge. My number is 87. I'm not sure if these are random or the actual order in which we donated. I did get in quick when it first went up though.

I'm planning a special spot for it. I'm waiting on the extras to come in. I got a photo op with some of the cast members from several of the films last summer that I'm going to put with it. Definitely one of those center pieces of a collection. Even if it keeps other people away.
Very nice! Yeah I didn't order until mid way through the campaign I think (sometime in May) so it wouldn't surprise me if they were numbered based on the orders as they came in. I know Trick or Treat Studios mentioned that there were cancellations along the way so that could/would also help folks get numbers lower than they were expecting.
Thanks given by:
Gory (02-21-2019), slm (02-21-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia

Tags
chucky, prop replica, trick or treat studios