Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
$48.45

Jump Force (PS4)
$49.99

ARK: Survival Evolved (PS4)
$41.59
11 hrs ago
Jurassic World: Evolution (PS4)
$38.94

Spider-Man (PS4)
$35.00

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
$39.88

Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection (PS4)
$77.08

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4)
$49.99

Metro Exodus (PS4)
$49.85

Dead Or Alive 6 (PS4)
$51.99

Soul Calibur VI (PS4)
$33.24

The Legend of Heroes: The Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
$56.18

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 02-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #6001
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I like how in Xing you can go back if you want to prior areas within your current map so far, just for the sake of sight seeing, exploration.
Yes, which I have done. Gorgeous game and I don't see the jagged edges you are referring to. Could it be the difference with the pro?
Old 02-17-2019, 08:25 PM   #6002
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Well I am 3 hours in on the clock hands puzzle and I have completely given up. Gonna have to go search for a solve on line. To bad. I really wanted to solve this on my own but every time I think I have a solution it doesn't work. Oh well
Old 02-17-2019, 11:25 PM   #6003
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartfrog298 View Post
Yes, which I have done. Gorgeous game and I don't see the jagged edges you are referring to. Could it be the difference with the pro?
No jagged lines at all in the distance? That's surprising, but good to hear if that's the case. Thanks. In my game, when I stand too far away from the text, it also looks jagged. But up close, everything sharpens up smoothly.

Quote:
Well I am 3 hours in on the clock hands puzzle and I have completely given up. Gonna have to go search for a solve on line. To bad. I really wanted to solve this on my own but every time I think I have a solution it doesn't work. Oh well
That sounds tough. Sorry to hear about that. I haven't gotten that far yet. That reminds me of the junkyard puzzle from Along Together.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:31 AM   #6004
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
No jagged lines at all in the distance? That's surprising, but good to hear if that's the case. Thanks. In my game, when I stand too far away from the text, it also looks jagged. But up close, everything sharpens up smoothly.

That sounds tough. Sorry to hear about that. I haven't gotten that far yet. That reminds me of the junkyard puzzle from Along Together.
No Jagged lines in the distance.

I did find an illustrated walk through for Xing, but decided to give it one more try. I really want to do this without help. But it is a tough one.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:27 AM   #6005
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
No Jagged lines in the distance.

I did find an illustrated walk through for Xing, but decided to give it one more try. I really want to do this without help. But it is a tough one.
I'm about to solve
[Show spoiler]the day/night puzzle where you use the stones over the water to reach the two block zone, to open that water way door. After opening another door. It's near the ocean. So I still have a ways to go probably before I reach that puzzle you spoke of.

PSVR Without Parole's Bryan, in that interview with White Lotus Games, said some of the puzzles were incredibly difficult for him to solve. Should be interesting.

For a more action focused game, I will have to try Eden Tomorrow soon, but I figured no use buying two games at the same time since I want to focus on completing this one first as much as possible. Otherwise, if I buy two games, one will have to sit on the shelf collecting dust anyway until I'm ready for it.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:22 AM   #6006
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

This game sounds perfect for me. Iím currently in the middle of a very complex but entertaining puzzle in 18 Floors.

By the way, I completed a Astrobot last night! Going to mop up some left over bots and try to find the remaining Chameleons.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #6007
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

A bit off topic but thought I would mentioned it here anyway.

Seems the rumors about the Nintendo Switch getting VR support are persistent. I would love to see that. The more VR tech, the merrier.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #6008
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

For anyone that has installed Next VR onto their console, I recommend having a look at the recently added footage of Drag Racing. The footage is very sharp and they've placed the cameras very well.

I don't know what Xing is, so I'll have a quick google...
Old 02-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #6009
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
For anyone that has installed Next VR onto their console, I recommend having a look at the recently added footage of Drag Racing. The footage is very sharp and they've placed the cameras very well.

Is that not a paid service? I thought it was.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #6010
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
This game sounds perfect for me. I’m currently in the middle of a very complex but entertaining puzzle in 18 Floors.

By the way, I completed a Astrobot last night! Going to mop up some left over bots and try to find the remaining Chameleons.
Congratulations on completing Astrobot. That last boss was tough.
Now that you've finished it, another level theme I enjoyed was the haunted graveyard. Felt like a theme park ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
A bit off topic but thought I would mentioned it here anyway.

Seems the rumors about the Nintendo Switch getting VR support are persistent. I would love to see that. The more VR tech, the merrier.
Interesting. Does the Switch have the processing power to display two cameras worth of data at the same time? I'm guessing they'll have to downgrade the VR graphics a bit.

Quote:

Cool, thanks. Yes, Next VR is very good for stereo 3D short videos from the PSN store for free.

Xing (zing) is a puzzle adventure game. What's cool, is you can jump, lift objects and throw them too, so it keeps the game more interesting than if you could only walk. 100% free motion and no click turning unless you want it.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #6011
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Congratulations on completing Astrobot. That last boss was tough.
Now that you've finished it, another level theme I enjoyed was the haunted graveyard. Felt like a theme park ride.

Interesting. Does the Switch have the processing power to display two cameras worth of data at the same time? I'm guessing they'll have to downgrade the VR graphics a bit.

Cool, thanks. Yes, Next VR is very good for stereo 3D short videos from the PSN store for free.

Xing (zing) is a puzzle adventure game. What's cool, is you can jump, lift objects and throw them too, so it keeps the game more interesting than if you could only walk. 100% free motion and no click turning unless you want it.
Thanks mate.

The old Nintendo VR rumour won’t go away. It’s a strange one because it only pushes 720p and wouldn’t have 6DOF. Very odd.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (02-19-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #6012
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Well I have finally figured out the path to the rune. One more step to figure out and then I can finally move on to the next world. Hopefully It won't take another 3 hours.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-19-2019), Zivouhr (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 03:35 AM   #6013
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Nicely done Dartfrog.
Steedeel, yes, 720p won't be anything great for Switch VR, but it's still kind of neat.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #6014
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Is that not a paid service? I thought it was.
The app isn't and all the videos available on it are free; I don't have an account and I've never paid for anything. This isn't live streaming, it's highlights and "tasters"
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #6015
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
The app isn't and all the videos available on it are free; I don't have an account and I've never paid for anything. This isn't live streaming, it's highlights and "tasters"
Will check it out, thanks.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #6016
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Chromagun VR now on sale in PS store for $15.99. Reg. price $19.99.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:00 PM   #6017
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Finished the first part of world 2. The clock hands puzzle in world 1 took a total of over 3 hours for me to figure out. And whats funny I doubt I could go back and do it again without having to think it out all over again. It's called "brain rot in my old age."
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (02-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 03:39 AM   #6018
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Well, one thing is for sure, with the hundreds of puzzle games available, the PSVR is a thinking machine that inspires the brain to be more logical and creative.

3 hours to solve a puzzle, that's a tough puzzle. But your persistence is rewarded.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (02-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #6019
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Well, one thing is for sure, with the hundreds of puzzle games available, the PSVR is a thinking machine that inspires the brain to be more logical and creative.

3 hours to solve a puzzle, that's a tough puzzle. But your persistence is rewarded.
Same with 18 Floors. The first room is mind boggling and such a challenge.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:06 PM   #6020
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:

Can't wait to hear from you when you get to that puzzle.

I am now stuck in world 2.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4