Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Observer: System Redux (Xbox XS)
$19.99
1 day ago
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (Xbox XS)
$29.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$29.99

Planet Coaster (Xbox XS)
$37.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$19.93

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$43.78
15 hrs ago
The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$16.10

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$39.93

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$36.57

Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$47.92
1 hr ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$32.95

The Medium (Xbox XS)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 06-27-2021, 04:24 AM   #61
Special Member

Nov 2014

I redeemed an Alan Wake code from eBay years ago. Never bought the DLC, but both The Writer and The Signal are in my library along with the base game.
Thanks given by:
Leonidas King (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 04:36 AM   #62
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas King View Post
Thank you for bringing this up. I did a quick eBay search and found this listing for $4.35 but I'm confused by this listing. Not sure if this person is selling the DLC and Add-On content only, cause then it mentions "Includes full game". Confused by it.

Do you know if its just a one code for all three items?
That auction appears to be the three small expansion packs only that take place after the main game, and not the actual base game which is required. A cheaper alternative is auction #293805108444 as that too is for just the three expansions, but a little cheaper. Just put that number in the eBay search bar and it will route you to it. I would say for the money it is worth it for the three expansion packs, but you still would need the actual Alan Wake game first and then you could load on this code to unlock the three expansions.

I just realized you have the XBOX Series S and that doesn't have a disc drive so I think the only real option for it is the XBOX Live Marketplace unless you can find someone on eBay actually offering the download version of the full game but I didn't see any. So right now the marketplace has it for $19.99 but I bet it goes on sale sometime this summer.

Also, they did put out another standalone game called Alan Wake: American Nightmare, I personally didn't really find that much enjoyment from it, as it was quite repetitive. I would say the original game and the three expansion packs should give you several hours of enjoyment.

Lastly if you have never played Alan Wake before I highly recommend the live action "prequel" they made for it called Bright Falls. It was a series of short episodes, very well done, this YouTube link has them all that you can view, it leads right into the game itself too:

Last edited by Kinsella5; 06-27-2021 at 04:46 AM.
Thanks given by:
Leonidas King (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 04:50 AM   #63
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Dude I said I have it for 360, Collector’s Edition I played it many times. I love the game. I never owned an Xbox One though. So I jumped from 360 to the S. What they are selling comes from the physical copy of Quantum Break though. Seems to be the full game plus add ons.
Old 06-27-2021, 04:57 AM   #64
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Dude I said I have it for 360, Collector’s Edition I played it many times. I love the game. I never owned an Xbox One though. So I jumped from 360 to the S. What they are selling comes from the physical copy of Quantum Break though. Seems to be the full game plus add ons.
I must have missed the part about you playing it, just trying to help.

That is what is a bit confusing, in their item description it says "****DLC and ADD-ON CONTENT ONLY****But then says "INCLUDES FULL GAME!!!"

You should contact the seller and ask them if it indeed includes the full Alan Wake game PLUS the three expansion packs or if the full game is required/not included. They really should word their item description differently if it does include the actual game too, it should state "Includes full Alan Wake game and all three expansion packs". If it is everything for that price, its a no-brainer and worth picking up but best to reach out and contact them just to make sure.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:03 AM   #65
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
I must have missed the part about you playing it, just trying to help.

That is what is a bit confusing, in their item description it says "****DLC and ADD-ON CONTENT ONLY****But then says "INCLUDES FULL GAME!!!"

You should contact the seller and ask them if it indeed includes the full Alan Wake game PLUS the three expansion packs or if the full game is required/not included. They really should word their item description differently if it does include the actual game too, it should state "Includes full Alan Wake game and all three expansion packs". If it is everything for that price, its a no-brainer and worth picking up but best to reach out and contact them just to make sure.
No worries. It’s a page back. I definitely appreciate the help though

Seller does not reply. Even sent two messages. What I ended up doing was just buy Quantum Break physically. I will keep it in case I get the Series X in the future.
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 05:05 AM   #66
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
No worries. It’s a page back. I definitely appreciate the help though

Seller does not reply. Even sent two messages. What I ended up doing was just buy Quantum Break physically. I will keep it in case I get the Series X in the future.
Did you try that seller I had mentioned that was a bit cheaper or the seller you had mentioned? One of them should at least get back to you, if not, I'd agree don't give them your business. Keep checking the XBOX Live Marketplace though I have seen it on sale several times. Here is a quick link to bookmark it if you want:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...5-d8024d530805
Old 06-27-2021, 05:08 AM   #67
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Did you try that seller I had mentioned that was a bit cheaper or the seller you had mentioned? One of them should at least get back to you, if not, I'd agree don't give them your business. Keep checking the XBOX Live Marketplace though I have seen it on sale several times. Here is a quick link to bookmark it if you want:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...5-d8024d530805
Yes, I checked there before. Quantum Break is only $13 on Amazon. And comes with Alan Wake plus add ons. Thought it was a great deal.
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (06-27-2021)
Old 07-10-2021, 09:29 PM   #68
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Send a message via AIM to QuasidodoJr

CrossCode leaves on the 15th. It seems to not be too difficult to finish before then, if you’ve got a few evenings to spare.

And if you’re a fan of JRPG’s and you haven’t tried it yet… Octopath Traveler is fantastic! I heartily recommend it!
Old 07-19-2021, 12:23 PM   #69
Power Member

May 2016

Been playing 'Neir Automata', a really strange game. The first level is quite difficult and frequently shifts the camera into sideview or overhead to give the action an oldschool feel of something like 'Smash TV' or 'Space Invaders'. Then you clear that and it turns into a typical open world hack and slash driven by missions and fetch quests.

I really like the visual design and think the score is absolutely wonderous. The action is okay. I am surprised at the loading times playing on XBX. They're not really long, but longer than I would expect for a game like this.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:04 AM   #70

Dec 2020

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...ass/ar-AAMmEPR

Coming soon
You can check out all the titles coming soon to Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Cloud gaming below:

Battlefield V (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) via EA Play — July 20
Enter mankind's greatest conflict with Battlefield V as the series goes back to its roots with a never-before-seen portrayal of World War II. Lead your squad to victory in all-new multiplayer experiences like the multi-map Grand Operations. Fight across the globe in the single-player War Stories campaign. Assemble your company of customized soldiers, weapons, and vehicles – then take them on an expanding journey through Tides of War. This is the most intense, immersive, and innovative Battlefield yet. You will never be the same.

Cris Tales (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 20
Embark on a journey across a dark fairytale world with the newly awoken time mage Crisbell and her companions on day one with Xbox Game Pass. To succeed in this Colombian love letter to classic JRPGs, you'll need to learn from the past, act in the present, and rewrite the future.

Atomicrops (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 22
Atomicrops is an action-packed, roguelite, bullet-hell game where you must defend and cultivate the last farm in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Tend to mutated crops (be careful, some have teeth), marry townsfolk (ooh la la), collect cats (because who wouldn't?!), and kill every mutant creature that tries to invade! This ain't no ordinary farming simulator.

Raji: An Ancient Epic (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 22
Take on the role of Raji, a young girl blessed by the gods to defend the human realm from an onslaught of demonic beings that seek to destroy her world. Brother and sister, Raji and Golu, separated by the attacking demonic hordes, now find themselves in the middle of a great war. Raji has taken it upon herself to find her brother and put an end to this reckless conflict.

Last Stop (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 22
Developed by Variable State, creators of the award-winning Virginia, and available with Xbox Game Pass on day one, Last Stop is a single-player, third-person adventure set in present-day London, where you play as three separate characters whose worlds collide in the midst of a supernatural crisis.

BLiNK: The Time Sweeper (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 26
Coming to Xbox Game Pass to celebrate 20 Years of Xbox, Blinx: The Time Sweeper is a fast-paced action game featuring a cool, clever character in wild, warped worlds. The ability to control the flow of time provides a classic 4-dimensional gaming experience.

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 26
Celebrating 20 Years of Xbox, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge combines thrilling aerial combat with the swashbuckling style of a Hollywood action-adventure movie. Set in an alternate 1930s world of gunship diplomacy and sinister intrigue, pilot powerful aircraft against nefarious air pirates and behemoth war zeppelins.

Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox Series X|S Optimized) — July 27
From Xbox Game Studios, available with Xbox Game Pass on day one of its release for Xbox Series X|S! From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly-detailed and accurate aircraft in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox Series X|S. Test your piloting skills against the challenges of real-time atmospheric simulation and live weather in a dynamic and living world. The sky is calling!

Lethal League Blaze (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 29
An intense, high speed ball game with unique characters, outta sight sounds, and none of that weak stuff. In Shine City, the anti-gravity ball game has long been illegal. The group who kept playing was dubbed the Lethal League. Even now, with their sport pushed underground, players and crews compete for challenge and respect.

Omno (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 29
Available with Xbox Game Pass on day one! A single-player journey of discovery through an ancient world of wonders, created by solo developer Jonas Manke. Full of puzzles, secrets, and obstacles to overcome, where the power of a lost civilization will carry you through forests, deserts, and tundra – even to the clouds.

Project Wingman (PC) — July 29
In an immersive flight experience, you'll dogfight, strike, and fly your way to conquering the skies. Strap yourself into the cockpit of over 20 unique aircraft and become a true ace in Project Wingman.

The Ascent (Xbox Series X|S Optimized, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming) — July 29
Available with Xbox Game Pass on day one, The Ascent is a solo and co-op action-shooter RPG set in a cyberpunk world. The mega corporation that owns you and everyone, The Ascent Group, has just collapsed. Can you survive without it?

Leaving soon
You can check out all the titles leaving soon from Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming below:

Leaving July 31
It Lurks Below (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & PC)
The Touryst (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
UnderMine (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)

Xbox Cloud Gaming touch controls
You can check out all the titles gaining touch controls on Xbox Cloud Gaming below:

Cities: Skylines
Darkest Dungeon
Fable Anniversary
Fable II
Fable III
Fuzion Frenzy
Gonner2
Joy Ride Turbo
Outlast 2
Steep
The Bard's Tale ARPG
The Bard's Tale IV
The Bard's Tale Trilogy
The Wild at Heart
Thanks given by:
QuasidodoJr (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 06:13 PM   #71
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH

I updated all lists. Thanks for the post, khalbrae!
Old 07-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #72
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH

I downloaded and played through Raji: An Ancient Epic. It’s a decent game and will occupy you for an evening or two. If you’re an achievement hunter, however, be wary… I would recommend using a collectible guide and playing all the way to the end of the fourth Act on your very first run before turning the game off. I turned it off for a bit, and came back to it and now the achievement for collecting all favor orbs is glitched. I tried completely deleting my save file from both my system and the cloud and replaying from the beginning, but it still did not unlock.

I have read this same glitch happening to other people and the devs being aware of the issue for almost a full year, but it has never been fixed/patched. The correlation seems to be that it happens to anyone that doesn’t collect them all on their first run before turning the game off.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:09 AM   #73
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Definitely beware Raji, unless you plan to play through the entire game all at once. I just played through it a full second time and collected all the orbs. Still no achievement. So I guess unless the devs decide to patch the game (very unlikely), I’m stuck with 950/1000. I submitted a one star review for the game. Fix your mess, devs!
Old 07-24-2021, 04:31 AM   #74
Special Member

Nov 2014

One star because there is a glitch that kept you from getting an achievement?
Thanks given by:
Leonidas King (07-24-2021), redxrebellion (07-29-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 06:03 AM   #75
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
One star because there is a glitch that kept you from getting an achievement?
Yeah. Why not? At best, I would have only given it 3 stars. It’s not a great game. It’s a decent game. I mention the reason for the single star in my review. Hopefully the devs will take the overwhelming feedback they’re starting to receive about the glitch and fix it. If they do, I will alter the review back to three stars.

Also, it’s not the only glitch I came across in the game. I had invisible walls appear in the platforming segments that would make me fall to my death, and would only be corrected by closing the entire game and restarting it. I fell through the ground a few times. I got stuck on an elevator. And, the controls were kind of suspect throughout. Again, just a decent game.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:44 PM   #76
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

A decent game does not warrant a one star rating because of some measly achievement. The devs are also a small Indian company trying to make it with only 10 employees. I’d love to support the game. I was already interested in it when I saw it on PSN, but since it’s part of Game Pass now even better.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #77
Special Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasidodoJr View Post
Yeah. Why not? At best, I would have only given it 3 stars. It’s not a great game. It’s a decent game. I mention the reason for the single star in my review. Hopefully the devs will take the overwhelming feedback they’re starting to receive about the glitch and fix it. If they do, I will alter the review back to three stars.

Also, it’s not the only glitch I came across in the game. I had invisible walls appear in the platforming segments that would make me fall to my death, and would only be corrected by closing the entire game and restarting it. I fell through the ground a few times. I got stuck on an elevator. And, the controls were kind of suspect throughout. Again, just a decent game.
Just seems harsh over 50 points, and if one star is "just a decent game" how many stars are left for a bad game?

Anyway...certainly appears like the game has some issues. Does the dev or publisher have a contact so you can report bugs, or is the review their only communication channel? Hopefully they address the issues, I think this is their first game, and I don't think this was the lead platform.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:38 PM   #78
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH

I play a lot of games and put in the extra work to earn my achievements. Some of the orb locations are the toughest areas in the game to reach. There is one in particular that took me 30 minutes my first time around. I then played all the way through the game again, same result. Apparently, that achievement/trophy “broke” on every platform in the last patch they released for the game not too long before it hit Game Pass. Sorry, a decent game with multiple bugs and glitches that takes only 4 - 5 hours to complete, maybe 6 if you go after all the achievements, gets a 1.

I am rating on my personal experience. Not on a scale. After putting an extra 5+ hours into the game, I was extremely unhappy.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:44 PM   #79
Special Member

Nov 2014

Noted.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:29 PM   #80
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Omno is a fun little puzzle game. I would recommend it, so far. I added Flight Simulator and The Ascent, also. Going to try out The Ascent next.

Also, GTA V was already added to the “Games Leaving Soon” section of the mobile app. So, it will either already be gone again on the 1st of August or the 15th of August.

Last edited by QuasidodoJr; 07-30-2021 at 06:20 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X