Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fantomas 1960s Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.03
10 hrs ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Columbus (Blu-ray)
$24.05
10 hrs ago
Rocky (Blu-ray)
$25.01

Rider on the Rain (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Keoma (Blu-ray)
$26.42
10 hrs ago
Terra Formars (Blu-ray)
$26.42
10 hrs ago
The Land Unknown (Blu-ray)
$19.98
10 hrs ago
The Iguana with the Tongue of Fire (Blu-ray)
$26.42
10 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
19 hrs ago
If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Emmanuelle 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #13761
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I resume tonight with Season 2 episode 27; I will finish season 2 tonight. Fire Walk With Me is on deck! Need more pie, too.
Are you going to space season three out and watch two episodes per week? It really needs to be soaked up and dwelled upon lol.
Thanks given by:
octagon (Today)
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #13762
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Are you going to space season three out and watch two episodes per week? It really needs to be soaked up and dwelled upon lol.
That pace is too leisurely for me. I'm not getting any younger here.

When I like a show, and I most definitely enjoy this one, I typically watch 4-6 episodes per night when they are about 47 minutes long each as these have been. The nice thing about ownership is that I can always revisit the show.

Getting low on pie, too. Maybe time for donuts now.

Last edited by Vilya; Yesterday at 04:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #13763
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
That pace is too leisurely for me. I'm not getting any younger here.

When I like a show, and I most definitely enjoy this one, I typically watch 4-6 episodes per night when they are about 47 minutes long each. The nice thing about ownership is that I can always revisit the show.

Getting low on pie, too. Maybe time for donuts now.
The episodes are just under 1 hour. I have watched S3 8 times now, which is admittedly ridiculous. I am going to give it a year and return to it.

I envy anyone who is going into episode 8 fresh!
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #13764
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

A member posted this in the "UV shutting down" thread:

It's not a good time for digital movie owners in the UK/RoW (rest of world)"

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...&postcount=439

I really do feel bad for them. I can imagine how angry and frustrated I would be in their position.
Old Today, 05:18 AM   #13765

Apr 2017

Quote:
A member posted this in the "UV shutting down" thread:

It's not a good time for digital movie owners in the UK/RoW (rest of world)"

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...&postcount=439

I really do feel bad for them. I can imagine how angry and frustrated I would be in their position.
Hopefully that frustration leads at least a few of them back to physical media. But unfortunately I think most people are more likely to switch to a different digital provider and fool themselves into thinking that digital provider will never go away.
Old Today, 05:51 AM   #13766
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Itís you all right! So itís ok to rejoice in Samsung ending Blu-ray/4K production (a excellent option for older films) but not ok when the shoe is in the other foot?
I don't care if people celebrate Samsung dropping UHD players and I don't care if you want to dance on Filmstruck's grave. That's not what I was responding to.

Quote:
So, why are you not having a go at Fly?
If flyry should ever decide he is fit to judge who is and who is not a film fan and takes it upon himself to lecture film fans about what they should think and do I would almost certainly find that presumptuous at best and annoying at worst.

I would probably ignore it most of the time. Especially if it was a constant refrain with him.

But every now and again I would probably push back on this point or that.

Just to keep him honest.
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #13767
Power Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
Hopefully that frustration leads at least a few of them back to physical media. But unfortunately I think most people are more likely to switch to a different digital provider and fool themselves into thinking that digital provider will never go away.
UV really wasn't a Digital Provider, it was more like a Link to join Providers. Now MA is a Provider and a Link to join all your Movie Providers. Is Digital going away, when I say it's all Digital I mean the Distribution. Streaming is here to stay that Content is on Servers, and the Studios control the Distribution on Disk or Streaming. With Disks on the decline, and Streaming coming on strong don't you think Streaming will take over?
Old Today, 06:26 AM   #13768

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
UV really wasn't a Digital Provider, it was more like a Link to join Providers. Now MA is a Provider and a Link to join all your Movie Providers. Is Digital going away, when I say it's all Digital I mean the Distribution. Streaming is here to stay that Content is on Servers, and the Studios control the Distribution on Disk or Streaming. With Disks on the decline, and Streaming coming on strong don't you think Streaming will take over?
Absolutely not, streaming will never take over. Streaming may eventually become the most popular way of watching content (broadcast, cable, and satellite TV currently hold that title) but physical media will always remain and it will always be the best choice regardless of its popularity or lack thereof.

And just to be clear studios control all distribution with streaming. With disc they only control the first part of distribution: they can never prevent anyone from playing the discs they've already bought or redistributing them to other people.

Last edited by PenguinInfinity; Today at 06:31 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology