Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Love and Monsters (DVD)
$11.99

All My Life (DVD)
$17.99

Monster Hunter (DVD)
$17.96

Country Music (DVD)
$38.00

The Secret Life of Pets 2-Movie Collection (DVD)
$9.99

The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection (DVD)
$29.99

Half Brothers (DVD)
$17.99

Promising Young Woman (DVD)
$19.96

Breach (DVD)
$9.99

Peanuts Deluxe Collection (DVD)
$29.41

Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors - The Complete Season (DVD)
$29.96

Courage The Cowardly Dog: The Complete Series (DVD)
$20.28

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-27-2021, 03:34 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA
USA Bluey on R1 DVD

If you're enjoying Bluey on Disney Junior, the show is now available on R1 DVD courtesy of the BBC, although they're MOD DVD-R as part of their Archives program.

Season 1: The First Half (now available): https://www.amazon.com/Bluey-Season-...dp/B08R64MNQ7/

Season 1: The Second Half (available 2/9): https://www.amazon.com/Bluey-Season-...dp/B08SBDVB8M/

I received Season 1 The First Half today and I can confirm the following:

-The framerate on this release is faster that what's shown on Disney Junior but that's because it's the CORRECT framerate (the Disney Junior broadcasts/DisneyNow slows the framerate for 1080p/NTSC. The sound pitch for both framerates however are in the CORRECT pitch).

-A selection of these episodes (BBQ and Markets for example) are the US versions ("capsicum" to "pepper" in BBQ & the removal of a certain scene in Markets (I won't go into specifics).

Not a problem though if you prefer those versions over the Australian ones.

Just a question to those who ordered this on Deep Discount; are they replicated discs or also DVD-Rs (because I've been reading some MOD releases on Deep Discount are factory-pressed/replicated).
Thanks given by:
SpazeBlue (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 05:25 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
If you're enjoying Bluey on Disney Junior, the show is now available on R1 DVD courtesy of the BBC, although they're MOD DVD-R as part of their Archives program.

Season 1: The First Half (now available): https://www.amazon.com/Bluey-Season-...dp/B08R64MNQ7/

Season 1: The Second Half (available 2/9): https://www.amazon.com/Bluey-Season-...dp/B08SBDVB8M/

I received Season 1 The First Half today and I can confirm the following:

-The framerate on this release is faster that what's shown on Disney Junior but that's because it's the CORRECT framerate (the Disney Junior broadcasts/DisneyNow slows the framerate for 1080p/NTSC. The sound pitch for both framerates however are in the CORRECT pitch).

-A selection of these episodes (BBQ and Markets for example) are the US versions ("capsicum" to "pepper" in BBQ & the removal of a certain scene in Markets (I won't go into specifics).

Not a problem though if you prefer those versions over the Australian ones.

Just a question to those who ordered this on Deep Discount; are they replicated discs or also DVD-Rs (because I've been reading some MOD releases on Deep Discount are factory-pressed/replicated).
I don't buy DVD on principle, but maybe BBC Archives is like WAC. Pressed for the first batch but eventually becomes burned.

I know it's a kid's show but I'd have gladly bought it on BD, my under 10 cousin loved it and I'm partial to it myself. Plus DVD can't do anything justice that's produced in HD.

Editing the scene in Markets is dumb, now they just scream for no reason
Thanks given by:
SpazeBlue (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 09:01 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Editing the scene in Markets is dumb, now they just scream for no reason
The scene doesn't go like that in the US cut, it smoothly cut to Bluey and Indy joining Bandit and Bingo at the German sausage stand.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:09 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
The scene doesn't go like that in the US cut, it smoothly cut to Bluey and Indy joining Bandit and Bingo at the German sausage stand.
I meant to put a question mark at the end lol I haven't seen the US version in a while but saw the other online. The censorship is weird, they also cut out Bingo asking Bandit "how does a baby get in the mommy's belly" or something in Daddy Putdown. Plus a bunch of other stuff. Changing words based on regions is fine, I had never heard "capsicum" in my life, but not removing content or skipping whole episodes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies