Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Donnie Darko 4K (Blu-ray)
C$55.83
5 hrs ago
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
C$37.04
4 hrs ago
Drive (Blu-ray)
C$33.18

Mulan (Blu-ray)
C$15.00

John Hughes: 5 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$22.99
1 day ago
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run (Blu-ray)
C$19.99

Moonstruck (Blu-ray)
C$34.99

Doom Patrol: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
C$29.90
15 hrs ago
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (Blu-ray)
C$6.99
10 hrs ago
The Last King of Scotland (Blu-ray)
C$6.99
18 hrs ago
Fatale (Blu-ray)
C$24.99

Lovecraft Country: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
C$30.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #6661
Power Member

Nov 2009
Calgary
Send a message via Yahoo to chaingunsofdoom

New Releases today are the Angelina Jolie movie "Come Away" for pennies under $18 and the Margot Robbie movie "Dreamland" for pennies under $17 (with digital copy). Both had slips.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 01-20-2021 at 04:14 AM.
Thanks given by:
Coolcicada (01-19-2021), gt109 (01-19-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 02:56 AM   #6662

May 2013
Vancouver
-
-
-
-

Has anyone encountered a strange manufacturing error on their Alita: Battle Angel 4K copy from Walmart? $15 is a sweet deal, but seems like a "good-to-be-true" thing.

I don't own a 3D TV, and I purchased 2 copy of Alita: Battle Angel 4K UHD + 3D Blu-ray for myself and a friend. It turns out my 4K disc is a complete dud and looks to be a duplicate of the 3D Blu-ray disc. I tested this out on my Panasonic UB820 and got a 3D Blu-ray warning. My friend said the same as well. This was factory-sealed and only started seeing a bunch of stock in-store. Did Fox mess up their re-production process on these?

Last edited by gt109; 01-22-2021 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:59 PM   #6663
Special Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt109 View Post
Has anyone encountered a strange manufacturing error on their Alita: Battle Angel 4K copy from Walmart? $15 is a sweet deal, but seems like a "good-to-be-true" thing.

I don't own a 3D TV, and I purchased 2 copy of Alita: Battle Angel 4K UHD + 3D Blu-ray for myself and a friend. It turns out my 4K disc is a complete dud and looks to be a duplicate of the 3D Blu-ray disc. I tested this out on my Panasonic UB820 and got a 3D Blu-ray warning. My friend said the same as well. This was factory-sealed and only started seeing a bunch of stock in-store. Did Fox mess up their re-production process on these?
maybe an issue with later pressings, I got the 4k over the summer and it was fine.
Thanks given by:
gt109 (02-04-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 06:45 PM   #6664
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt109 View Post

Yikes.. No issues with my copy, which was purchased when it 1st came out.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:24 AM   #6665

Jun 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Looks like the Dufferin Mall entertainment section for physical media has been whittled down. They've moved the section on the lower level. I don't see CDs anymore and not too many movies as there were before. Very disappointing. Same with Vaughan.

Last edited by disco1979; 01-25-2021 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:47 AM   #6666
Power Member

Nov 2009
Calgary

I saw the first copies of $15 4K/3D Alita in Calgary today. 2 were at the Deer Valley WM.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:27 PM   #6667
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco1979 View Post
Looks like the Dufferin Mall entertainment section for physical media has been whittled down. They've moved the section on the lower level. I don't see CDs anymore and not too many movies as there were before. Very disappointing. Same with Vaughan.
Sad reality. Our hobby is slowly vanishing.

I read an article the other day that the pandemic pretty much put the nail in the coffin to physical media. The big movies will get streaming releases and more than likely the studios might pass on selling these as physical copies.
The lack of movie releases is a big factor.

At this point, it's only for diehard collectors like the ones that still buy vinyl. Most collectors will focus on old classics from labels like Shout, Arrow, etc...

I don't expect to add WandaVision, Black Widow and Mandalorian to my Star Wars and Marvel movie collections.
Thanks given by:
disco1979 (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 02:36 PM   #6668
Expert Member

May 2010
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Baz View Post

I read an article the other day that the pandemic pretty much put the nail in the coffin to physical media. The big movies will get streaming releases and more than likely the studios might pass on selling these as physical copies.

At this point, it's only for diehard collectors like the ones that still buy vinyl. Most collectors will focus on old classics from labels like Shout, Arrow, etc...

I don't expect to add WandaVision, Black Widow and Mandalorian to my Star Wars and Marvel movie collections.
I don't think we will add Marvel or Star Wars Tv Shows.... But there is absolutely no way they won't release the movies to physical.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:38 PM   #6669
Power Member

Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Baz View Post

Black Widow will get a release for sure. I still expect to see blockbuster movies getting releases.

WandaVision and The Mandalorian though? I'd have my doubts.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:39 PM   #6670
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey31 View Post
WandaVision and The Mandalorian though? I'd have my doubts.
Would love a 4K Mandalorian
Thanks given by:
alull (01-27-2021), wozman (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 03:10 PM   #6671

Apr 2013
Canada

Anyone spot Come Play in Walmart by chance?
Old 01-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #6672

Jun 2017
Toronto, Ontario

It's interesting because I remember in the summer I visited a Shoppers Drug Mart and I bought Jaws and the cashier told me so many people were buying movies from them. I thought the pandemic actually might help physical media as watching movies has been a real help to me mental health-wise. But, I guess streaming has really increased over the last year. I did notice that even in Walmart when stores started to open up again, the entertainment section was not very busy so I guess it's not surprising they decided to decrease the size of their physical media sections.

I'm not worried about physical media being phased out because labels like Scream/Shout, Criterion, Kino, Vinegar Syndrome, etc are still putting out great releases. It's just unfortunate that there will be less occasions to go to the store to pick up a movie. I'm grateful or online ordering but I will always appreciate just looking at a movie on a shelf.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #6673

Dec 2012
Oshawa

Iíve actually done the opposite! I have been buying far more more physical media than iTunes purchases. Iím finding it difficult to pick up older titles and have to rely on Amazon which kind of sucks.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:37 PM   #6674
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpepsi View Post
Iíve actually done the opposite! I have been buying far more more physical media than iTunes purchases. Iím finding it difficult to pick up older titles and have to rely on Amazon which kind of sucks.
I have too lately. But more the classics. Well, movies from 40s to 80s.
With our current cancel culture state, many of these movies will eventually show up on streaming services edited or not even on any service.

Plus it seems like older classics are harder to find on some streaming services as they prefer to market to newer viewers.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:00 PM   #6675
Power Member

Nov 2009
Calgary

I did not notice any new releases at one WM here today. $40-something new 4K Batman Dragon movie at the BB next door though. LOL
Old 01-27-2021, 12:43 AM   #6676
Expert Member

May 2009
Hamilton, ONTARIO, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hudge View Post
Yes it was there but didn't notice the price as they didn't have shelves tagged.

I did pickup Jiu-jitsu for $17.96
Old 01-27-2021, 02:36 AM   #6677
Special Member

Jul 2014
Edmonton, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco1979 View Post
Interestingly, my local Wal-Mart seems to have more CD's in stock than ever! Somebody besides me must still be buying them. I guess it really depends on the location.

In regards to posts about the death of physical media - the CD is actually a good example, I've heard so many times that the major labels were going to stop releasing them but it hasn't happened yet. We're in 2021 and new releases are still being put out on CD. It's kinda like vinyl, which didn't actually die - it just became very niche, and is now more of a "mainstream niche". I expect we will still get physical releases of new movies for some years to come.

One format that does seem to be dying away though is physical releases of TV series. So many people bought DVD sets back in the day to binge watch, but now they're just doing it through streaming. So many shows haven't even been given a DVD release, let alone a BD. Sometimes they start out releasing a show on BD but then they stop - HBO has gotten bad for this. They released the first two seasons of "The Deuce" on BD and dumped the final season to DVD. "Succession" (currently their "prestige" show) got its first season released on BD and second season is DVD only. It's a shame because HBO was always known for its lavish DVD sets back in the day.
Thanks given by:
disco1979 (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 04:43 AM   #6678
Expert Member

Mar 2015
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hudge View Post
My Walmart had about 5 copies of it. $24.96.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:11 PM   #6679
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphywmm View Post
In regards to posts about the death of physical media - the CD is actually a good example, I've heard so many times that the major labels were going to stop releasing them but it hasn't happened yet. We're in 2021 and new releases are still being put out on CD. It's kinda like vinyl, which didn't actually die - it just became very niche, and is now more of a "mainstream niche". I expect we will still get physical releases of new movies for some years to come.
I'm surprised CDs are still selling, I stopped years ago. Only because I only listen to music in compact form (MP4) while walking, public transportation, etc... And now radios and receivers have bluetooth so it's easier to sync. Movies on the other hand still have the upper edge as it's meant to be played at home.

Quote:
One format that does seem to be dying away though is physical releases of TV series. So many people bought DVD sets back in the day to binge watch, but now they're just doing it through streaming. So many shows haven't even been given a DVD release, let alone a BD. Sometimes they start out releasing a show on BD but then they stop - HBO has gotten bad for this. They released the first two seasons of "The Deuce" on BD and dumped the final season to DVD. "Succession" (currently their "prestige" show) got its first season released on BD and second season is DVD only. It's a shame because HBO was always known for its lavish DVD sets back in the day.
Yup. Was letdown when the last 2 seasons of Adventure Time were released on DVD only, despite having blu-ray releases in UK and Australia.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #6680

Jun 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Quote:
Interestingly, my local Wal-Mart seems to have more CD's in stock than ever! Somebody besides me must still be buying them. I guess it really depends on the location.

Yeah, the TV releases are so inconsistent. It's nice to see Warner releasing their animated shows on Blu-ray, whether it's Warner directly or Warner Archives.

It is weird to see shows only on DVD but not Blu, like Cobra Kai seasons 1 & 2 in a combo DVD pack but no Blu-ray.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals