Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Day the Earth Caught Fire (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$209.99

Killing Eve: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Marriage Story (Blu-ray)
$22.97

King Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.26

Terrified (Blu-ray)
$14.59

The Complete Lenzi/Baker Giallo Collection (Blu-ray)
$82.28

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Fail Safe (Blu-ray)
$22.97
7 hrs ago
Bamboozled (Blu-ray)
$22.97

Jonny Quest: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray)
$17.70
10 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$13.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 06-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default New Home Set Up

A few before and after pics mostly for my own posterity but others might enjoy a humble HT setup from Wales

Old HTIAB was an Onkyo HTX-22HD 5.1 from about 2008/2009. Extremely outdated even 10 years ago but it did the trick.

After buying our first home it was time to upgrade to something a little more modern. New floorstanders and centre channel plus a new AVR to replace the old HTIAB plus a new TV unit to fit it in and a brighter colour to suit the new living room.

The room isn't that big especially judging by some of the space houses seem to have across the pond! You don't know how lucky you are to have basements!

So working with what I have I decided to go with a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 5's and Centre. I think anything I bought would be a massive upgrade over the old speakers.

My old TV unit clearly wasn't going to work with the new speakers and AVR.

I don't know what it's like in the US but it seems to be almost impossible to find a TV unit that will fit AV equipment. I eventually found the Besta range from IKEA and I think it turned out all right.

I've got a PS4 Pro, Xbox One S and Tivo box in the right cabinet, Centre channel and Samsung UHD player in the middle and AVR in the right cabinet.

Using the iPad Pro as an all in one remote lets me use the AVR whilst the door is closed which was pretty handy.

Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (06-23-2020), AreaFive (06-24-2020), happydood (06-30-2020), JPK (06-26-2020), sagadego (06-28-2020), Scarriere (06-24-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 11:07 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Central Florida

Looking good! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (06-24-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 10:25 AM   #3

Nov 2016

Awesome setup! One question about the cabinet though - does the Besta not usually come with a backing?
Old 07-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHM50x View Post
Awesome setup! One question about the cabinet though - does the Besta not usually come with a backing?
It does! But I purposely left it off it's a good thing really because it would have been a nightmare running the cables though the tiny gaps in the back. Plus better ventilation for everything that's in there. I have the doors shut all the time so it's not so bad to look at plus I've done a bit of cable management at the rear so everything is more out of the way now.
Old Today, 02:03 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

You can drill a couple of holes one on each side in the back panel to run your cables through so when the front doors are open, you won't see all the naked cable and wires in the back.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries