Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Pac-Man Museum+ (Switch)
$19.99

WarioWare: Get It Together! (Switch)
$39.99

Grand Theft Auto (Switch)
$40.00

Pokemon Scarlet (Switch)
$59.88
20 hrs ago
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (Switch)
$19.99

Pokemon Violet (Switch)
$59.88

Namco Museum Arcade Pac (Switch)
$19.99

Live A Live (Switch)
$49.88

Tormented Souls (Switch)
$29.49

Among the Sleep (Switch)
$26.06

Danganronpa Decadence (Switch)
$59.95

Ikai (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 02-09-2022, 11:10 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-
Default Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, a new Warriors-style action game starring the heroes from Fire Emblem: Three Houses, has been announced for Nintendo Switch.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1491534600363024395
Old 02-09-2022, 11:27 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

Lame. Hope there is a proper game in the works at least.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:57 AM   #3
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

I highly enjoyed Age of Calamity so Iím very much looking forward to this. Three Houses was an amazing game with fantastic characters.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:42 PM   #4

Sep 2021
Sweden

Not a big fan of Mosou games, so I'll read some reviews before I decide if I'll get the game or not. But I loved Three Houses, so I might check it out at some point.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:16 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2014

I love Warriors style games & Fire Emblem so this is of course a day 1 buy. I liked the first Fire Emblem Warriors & if this is as good as Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity I canít wait for it.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:06 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

I played a couple hours of FE Warriors and sold it shortly after. It was too repetitive for my liking. The trailer for this one has me interested but unless it has a steep price drop I'll probably pass. I remember Warriors dropped hard in price a year or two ago, maybe that'll happen here too.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:17 PM   #7

Sep 2017
Minnesota, USA

I'm excited for this. Given how Three Houses played out, it's probably our only chance to revisit these characters. I'm sure there will be a new mainline FE eventually, but I'll gladly play this in the meantime.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (02-19-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 03:16 AM   #8
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Step into the shoes of Shez, as they meet Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, and other Fire Emblem: Three Houses characters as you fight for the future of Fůdlan. Align with a leader to build and command an army in 1 vs. 1,000-style battles and deep strategy. The house you choose will bring you through one of three compelling stories, each with a different outcome. Each Fire Emblem: Three Houses character you recruit on these journeys has a distinct set of flashy combos and powerful specials that can cut through hordes of enemies.

Use the strategy of Fire Emblem to gain the tactical advantage in Warriors-style gameplay

Dive into real-time battles as you and your army of Fire Emblem: Three Houses characters take on hundreds of opponents, while using elements from Fire Emblem to maximize your strategy. Issue commands to your army in the midst of the chaos of battle to achieve missions and objectives. Plan ahead and prepare for battle by equipping weapons, skills, and classes that capitalize on opponent weaknesses. Assign elements from Fire Emblem: Three Houses, like crests or battalions, to characters to further hone how you plan your approach.

Strengthen your bonds in and out of battle

Develop and build battle-tested relationships with other Fire Emblem: Three Houses characters as you fight for the future of Fůdlan. Deepen the relationships between characters to give yourself a tactical advantage on the battlefield and to see them open up in support conversations. Bring characters closer together by pairing them up in battle or by spending time together at base camp. Develop your base camp and train, shop, and prepare each of your team members before jumping into the heat of battle.
https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-...l-latest-info/

Old 06-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #9
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

Demo dropped today. Lets you play up to Chapter 4 of each of the three houses. Progress carries to full game.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 04:35 AM   #10
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

I’m about 14 hours into this and having a blast. The gameplay is standard Warriors fare mixed very well with the systems from Three Houses. Everything outside of the combat though feels exactly like a continuation of the gameplay loop of Three Houses. The story also feels like a perfect alternate route to Three Houses so far. Shez is a much better protagonist being that he/she actually has a character and speaks instead if just being a player avatar like Byleth was. Assuming this holds up I’d say they have knocked it out of the park with this game and now two very strong entries in a row with Age of Calamity before it.

Performance is also definitely an improvement from Age of Calamity with frame drops and pop in being nowhere near as bad as in that game. But don’t expect a great looking game overall just like the original unfortunately, but at least the backgrounds for the conversations aren’t super obvious PNGs this time. It does seem to have an unlocked frame rate and use variable resolution, so I suppose this could theoretically be a 1080p60 title on whatever hardware comes next.

Last edited by Diesel; 07-02-2022 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:47 AM   #11

Apr 2020

Really like this game a lot. Three Houses was my goty for 2019 so it is really nice getting to jump back into this world and see these characters again.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 02:07 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chie Satonaka View Post
Really like this game a lot. Three Houses was my goty for 2019 so it is really nice getting to jump back into this world and see these characters again.
I wanna give it a try because I loved Three Houses but I don't care for these Warriors style games, especially not at $60. If it ever hits $40 or I get extremely bored one day and feel like wasting money (happens often) then maybe I'll give this a go.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:15 AM   #13
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

I finished my first two paths before Xenoblade, will go back and do the third after I beat Xenoblade.

Scarlet Blaze took me 51 hours and Azure Gleam took 29 because of all the legwork I did in the first run. I’m expecting Golden Wildfire to only take about 20 hours because my camp is already maxed and
[Show spoiler]I recruited most all possible Golden Deer members during my first run and constantly raised them up through class training and some battles then brought their levels up during Azure Gleam through excess gold.
. Note that this is with maxing out relationships of Shez with all team members and most of the possible team member relationships and watching most of the support conversations in full. New Game+ also gives you an item that allows you to skip over all ‘side missions’ and go straight to the main fight of each chapter if you have enough renown.

This is without a doubt the best collaboration for Nintendo with the Warriors franchise, this absolutely feels like a core Fire Emblem game in everything but the combat. Which makes perfect sense because this is basically the same development team of Three Houses. The performance of the game is drastically better than Age of Calamity and the pop in much reduced compared to that game’s ATROCIOUS pop in. Its not a visual stunner just like Three Houses unfortunately but its much better than that game visually in a number of areas.

Shez is much better than Byleth in Three Houses (I chose the female because of the better voice acting) and even Byleth here is much better than Three Houses showing how stupid of a choice it was making the character a silent protagonist.

The stories are much more focused on the war aspect as you would expect for this style of game and they are both strong in that regard. The endings both left something to be desired with Dimitri’s story being much closer to a satisfying closing than Edelgard’s. There are some further issues I have but I’ll hold judgement until finishing Claude’s campaign since his route in Three Houses also filled in some big blanks.

I will say while I still quite enjoy him here, Dimitri’s characterization in Three Houses is superior. Edelgard is a toss up for me between the two. The game also doesn’t spend as much time building the back stories and interconnected relationships of the characters as Three Houses which leads to you needing to have played that game to fully appreciate everything happening here. That said, a new comer could definitely still pick this up and have a blast.

I would highly recommend this to anybody who likes Three Houses, its world and its characters. If Warrior style combat is not for you check out the demo, this is the most refined it has been and you can even spend most of your time ordering troops around in the menu instead of doing all the work yourself if you don’t want to.

Three Houses is the overall superior game but this sits right along side it as a wonderful companion piece.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (07-30-2022), KilloWertz (07-30-2022)
Old 07-30-2022, 05:12 AM   #14
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

I hope to agree when I play this at some point next year. I will be playing Three Houses before this of course, but even that will likely be a while given how large Xenoblade Chronicles is. Fun times are likely still ahead regardless...

I've already decided I'll be playing Edelgard's part in both games first, from reading posts on here and such.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:35 PM   #15
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
[Show spoiler]I finished my first two paths before Xenoblade, will go back and do the third after I beat Xenoblade.

Scarlet Blaze took me 51 hours and Azure Gleam took 29 because of all the legwork I did in the first run. Iím expecting Golden Wildfire to only take about 20 hours because my camp is already maxed and
[Show spoiler]I recruited most all possible Golden Deer members during my first run and constantly raised them up through class training and some battles then brought their levels up during Azure Gleam through excess gold.
. Note that this is with maxing out relationships of Shez with all team members and most of the possible team member relationships and watching most of the support conversations in full. New Game+ also gives you an item that allows you to skip over all Ďside missionsí and go straight to the main fight of each chapter if you have enough renown.

This is without a doubt the best collaboration for Nintendo with the Warriors franchise, this absolutely feels like a core Fire Emblem game in everything but the combat. Which makes perfect sense because this is basically the same development team of Three Houses. The performance of the game is drastically better than Age of Calamity and the pop in much reduced compared to that gameís ATROCIOUS pop in. Its not a visual stunner just like Three Houses unfortunately but its much better than that game visually in a number of areas.

Shez is much better than Byleth in Three Houses (I chose the female because of the better voice acting) and even Byleth here is much better than Three Houses showing how stupid of a choice it was making the character a silent protagonist.

The stories are much more focused on the war aspect as you would expect for this style of game and they are both strong in that regard. The endings both left something to be desired with Dimitriís story being much closer to a satisfying closing than Edelgardís. There are some further issues I have but Iíll hold judgement until finishing Claudeís campaign since his route in Three Houses also filled in some big blanks.

I will say while I still quite enjoy him here, Dimitriís characterization in Three Houses is superior. Edelgard is a toss up for me between the two. The game also doesnít spend as much time building the back stories and interconnected relationships of the characters as Three Houses which leads to you needing to have played that game to fully appreciate everything happening here. That said, a new comer could definitely still pick this up and have a blast.

I would highly recommend this to anybody who likes Three Houses, its world and its characters. If Warrior style combat is not for you check out the demo, this is the most refined it has been and you can even spend most of your time ordering troops around in the menu instead of doing all the work yourself if you donít want to.

Three Houses is the overall superior game but this sits right along side it as a wonderful companion piece.
Your review convinced me to play this soon. I brushed it aside when I saw "Warriors" in the title but now I'm interested. I didn't care for the first FE Warriors game but the tie-in with Three Houses makes me wanna give this a try. Maybe it'll go a little lower for Black Friday or I'll use some rewards points to pick it up.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:36 PM   #16
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

I didn't even finish 3 houses but I am mildly intrigued by this.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:13 PM   #17
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
I hope to agree when I play this at some point next year. I will be playing Three Houses before this of course, but even that will likely be a while given how large Xenoblade Chronicles is. Fun times are likely still ahead regardless...

I've already decided I'll be playing Edelgard's part in both games first, from reading posts on here and such.
Dimitriís path is my favorite in Three Houses by a wide margin and is my preferred of the two here so far but I think Edelgardís story should definitely be played first in both instances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Your review convinced me to play this soon. I brushed it aside when I saw "Warriors" in the title but now I'm interested. I didn't care for the first FE Warriors game but the tie-in with Three Houses makes me wanna give this a try. Maybe it'll go a little lower for Black Friday or I'll use some rewards points to pick it up.
The demo goes up to the fourth chapter which I would say is more than enough time both gameplay and story wise to determine if youíll be on board with what they are presenting here. There are anywhere from three to eight battles available depending on the specific chapters, not all have to be completed to get to the main battle. Honestly once I realized it existed (my own fault for not realizing since the game told me) I used the side battle skipping for the last three or four chapters of my NG+ Azure Gleam run so I could focus more on the story and characters. Iíll be using it for the entirety of Golden Wildfire.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (07-30-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 03:21 AM   #18
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Dimitriís path is my favorite in Three Houses by a wide margin and is my preferred of the two here so far but I think Edelgardís story should definitely be played first in both instances.
if I decide to ever play it a second time and actually remember (I doubt I will remember), then maybe I'll play as that character afterwards.

BTW, what's your friend code? Might as well add a few people. You can obviously just send it to me if you don't want to post it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch