Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Jurassic World: Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$72.77
2 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Complete Season Six (Blu-ray)
$35.49
15 hrs ago
Righting Wrongs (Blu-ray)
$26.99
23 hrs ago
Men (Blu-ray)
$19.96
6 hrs ago
Spider-Man: No Way Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$35.95

Paths of Glory 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.98
6 hrs ago
The Halloween 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$103.78
14 hrs ago
Scream 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.95
19 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Eve of the Daleks & Legend of the Sea Devils (Blu-ray)
$12.49
12 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Flux: The Complete Thirteenth Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
The Boyfriend School (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
The Lost City 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.70
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which team will win this year's NBA Championship from the bubble?
LA Lakers in 4 games 2 7.41%
LA Lakers in 5 games 8 29.63%
LA Lakers in 6 games 9 33.33%
LA Lakers in 7 games 1 3.70%
Miami Heat in 4 games 0 0%
Miami Heat in 5 games 0 0%
Miami Heat in 6 games 5 18.52%
Miami Heat in 7 games 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2022, 07:17 PM   #82601
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Well, Lebron just re-upped for 2 more years @ 97 million so looks like the Lakers will be either drafting or signing bron bron.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:40 PM   #82602
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
lol, seems logical and fair
The NBA is a business. What's fair doesn't always figure in.

I'm not saying it's right, but as I've said before (search for it, it's somewhere in this thread), the easiest way for them to play together is if he's just bad enough to not get drafted, and then LeBron's team just signs him and keeps him through summer league and training camp.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:20 PM   #82603
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Well, Lebron just re-upped for 2 more years @ 97 million so looks like the Lakers will be either drafting or signing bron bron.
hmmm. something tells me Bronny gonna need more than a year in college ball lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
The NBA is a business. What's fair doesn't always figure in.

I'm not saying it's right, but as I've said before (search for it, it's somewhere in this thread), the easiest way for them to play together is if he's just bad enough to not get drafted, and then LeBron's team just signs him and keeps him through summer league and training camp.
no, i know what you meant....but any team that does that will be the laughing stock of the league. wait and see. but like i said, this is all make believe.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:30 PM   #82604
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
Quote:
no, i know what you meant....but any team that does that will be the laughing stock of the league. wait and see. but like i said, this is all make believe.
it would also be worth a basement dweller, laughing stock, like my Kings for instance, to draft him in the hopes of luring LeBron to come play for them and sell some tickets, create some hype
Think of the branding of King James playing for the Kings

As far as LeBron goes, skills haven't deteriorated so far, barring any major injury I see him trying to possibly play at a high level in his 40s like Tom Brady
Thanks given by:
Lacit170 (08-17-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 08:40 PM   #82605
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
it would also be worth a basement dweller, laughing stock, like my Kings for instance, to draft him in the hopes of luring LeBron to come play for them and sell some tickets, create some hype
Think of the branding of King James playing for the Kings

As far as LeBron goes, skills haven't deteriorated so far, barring any major injury I see him trying to possibly play at a high level in his 40s like Tom Brady
i mean, still a clown move for bottom dweller.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:42 PM   #82606
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
CT

damn, gotta respect Lebrons devotion to his kid...willing to step down and play in the G league with him or Australia or China.....incredible to see

Asked in February where he would like to finish his career, James informed The Athletic's Jason Lloyd, "Wherever Bronny is at, that’s where I’ll be. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year."
Old 08-17-2022, 08:47 PM   #82607
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
i mean, still a clown move for bottom dweller.
Kangz haven't made playoffs since 2006, need to create excitement, sell tix
not saying I agree with it and am just using them as an example but I could see someone taking a shot at it. But it also depends on what shape LeBron is in come time for Bronny to be league eligible. If he's coming off major injury or has seriously fallen off skill wise, Bronny will be suiting up in the euroleague
Old 08-17-2022, 09:11 PM   #82608
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

LeBron agrees to a 2-year extension worth $97.1M... with that along with all those 1-year deal we signed this summer, and we still have THT for 2 more years with a player option, we are screwed... again.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:16 PM   #82609
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
LeBron agrees to a 2-year extension worth $97.1M... with that along with all those 1-year deal we signed this summer, and we still have THT for 2 more years with a player option, we are screwed... again.
So I take it that you're not thrilled about the extension?

I like it, even though it might be a slight overpayment depending on IF he keeps up to his current level and stays relatively injury free (65+ games)
Thanks given by:
El Rey (Yesterday)
Old 08-17-2022, 10:40 PM   #82610
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

8 of the first 11 games are on the road for the Pels.
I guess that could be a good thing.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:45 PM   #82611
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
So I take it that you're not thrilled about the extension?

I like it, even though it might be a slight overpayment depending on IF he keeps up to his current level and stays relatively injury free (65+ games)
The extension is a must do thing, if we are making any big trade. What I do have faith in are all the 1-year deals we signed this summer. It looks to me this coming season could be another throw away season; until things happen on the trade front, I guess?
Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM   #82612
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2007
Guam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
Wasn't THT a fan favorite last year?
Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM   #82613
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
If I remember it correctly he had a half decent game or 2 during the bubble playoffs, then a solid summer league/pre-season. Built a bit of hype and got some more playing time the following season which was enough to get him a good contract (3y/$30m).

Hasn't improved since.
Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM   #82614
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
In the Light

Nepotism is alive and well in all of professional sports.

Recent examples within the NBA:

Other instances which were not included in the video:

Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #82615
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ103 View Post
If I remember it correctly he had a half decent game or 2 during the bubble playoffs, then a solid summer league/pre-season. Built a bit of hype and got some more playing time the following season which was enough to get him a good contract (3y/$30m).

Hasn't improved since.
Lakers fans in general still like him to a degree, but we ALL know him and RW on the floor together is just a terrible, inefficient back court. Like Russ had mentioned, he hasn't improved enough to address our two primary needs in defense and 3-point shooting (27% last season?! ). Plus, we signed him to such a player friendly contract is simply NOT helping us the long run. He has a player option for next season. He is definitely going to opt-in to that deal if he keeps sucking this season. And if he has a break out year then we need to think whether to pay him. We just cannot win on and off the court...

Speaking of player friendly deals, I have somewhat lost faith in Rob Pelinka already. He keeps signing these 1-year deals that really do us no good, while at the same time he is so reluctant to sign decent players like Monk and Austin Reaves to longer contracts.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM   #82616
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
CT

Andrew Bogut for the win

“An easy way for KD to get out of @joetsai1999’s @BrooklynNets that no NBA analyst is discussing. A simple tweet: ‘Free Hong Kong, Free Taiwan.’ Gone the next day …” Bogut wrote.

[Show spoiler]Bogut’s tweet is an apparent shot at Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai, who is known to be an ardent supporter of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
Thanks given by:
Azyiu (Yesterday), El Rey (Yesterday), Russ103 (Today), Youre My Boy Blu! (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #82617
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008

Quote:
Andrew Bogut for the win

“An easy way for KD to get out of @joetsai1999’s @BrooklynNets that no NBA analyst is discussing. A simple tweet: ‘Free Hong Kong, Free Taiwan.’ Gone the next day …” Bogut wrote.

[Show spoiler]Bogut’s tweet is an apparent shot at Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai, who is known to be an ardent supporter of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
The taste of RMB is so sweet and for some of them you just can't resist it Just look at LeBron... oh, I forgot, he wasn't educated enough to talk about the CCP... by the way, Hong Kong is officially f***'d, so just save Taiwan.
Thanks given by:
Lacit170 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM   #82618
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Kerr was also not educated enough to speak on it but thankfully is very knowledgeable about every other social issue he's asked about

there was a video trending on Twitter this morning of Ben Simmons shopping in a mall and some guy goes up to him, camera in his face, and repeatedly, obnoxiously yells to everyone within earshot that "its Russell Westbrook yo" for quite a while. Simmons blows him off at first but as the guy continues you can see Simmons getting more irritated and his security, or maybe his friend, starts to shoo the guy away. Lots of dummies on Twitter think this behavior is ok or that Simmons deserved it because of how he has handled the last season sitting out. Not a fan of Simmons but this was garbage behavior and the people egging it on online are garbage as well.
Thanks given by:
Youre My Boy Blu! (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #82619
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
In the Light

Quote:
Andrew Bogut for the win

Echoing what developed from the fallout of Daryl Morey's controversial tweet regarding China back while he was the Rockets GM and in the previous season recognized as the NBA exec of the year. It clearly triggered JT and the league, then one year later DM leaves The Rockets and goes to the City of Brotherly Love to be the GM of the 76ers.
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #82620
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
Kerr was also not educated enough to speak on it but thankfully is very knowledgeable about every other social issue he's asked about

there was a video trending on Twitter this morning of Ben Simmons shopping in a mall and some guy goes up to him, camera in his face, and repeatedly, obnoxiously yells to everyone within earshot that "its Russell Westbrook yo" for quite a while. Simmons blows him off at first but as the guy continues you can see Simmons getting more irritated and his security, or maybe his friend, starts to shoo the guy away. Lots of dummies on Twitter think this behavior is ok or that Simmons deserved it because of how he has handled the last season sitting out. Not a fan of Simmons but this was garbage behavior and the people egging it on online are garbage as well.
yea that youtube guy or whoever he is was doing the same thing to Rondo a few months back...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports