Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.37
17 hrs ago
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
8 hrs ago
The X-Files: The Complete Season 11 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99
5 hrs ago
The Outer Limits: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$46.25

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$11.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Blu-ray)
$43.96

Taboo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$23.54

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 05-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #181
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
lol okay. yet it literally means EVERYTHING. all I've seen is tons of people discussing it. I'm not even a massive supporter of the show, but you just have no clue what you're speaking on.
The numbers only mean people saw new content available on that streaming service and gave it a shot.
That's why those numbers will be short lived.

Those numbers lasted a while with the first season because it was good and had buzz. This season is not good nor has any buzz at all.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:54 PM   #182
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
That info means nothing.

When the first season was getting ready to drop, and, after it was up, people everywhere were talking about it. Friends. Family. TV gossip shows. E! News. Internet... etc.

Now? Nobody. Only in here. Actually, if it wasn't for THIS forum, I would have never known the second season dropped.
So the official info means nothing, but your second-hand information is what's important? Ok lol.

The show was absolutley trending on twitter. Just yesterday it was trending due to conversations on the finale, which made me think to check here, even though I've never seen the show.
Thanks given by:
Jermaine_86 (06-29-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #183
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

I’m sure it’s popular, but this season is universally hated. If they do renew it, no one will be back.

What would another season even be about?
Old 05-22-2018, 09:49 PM   #184

Jan 2011
Michigan

There will without a doubt be another season. No way Netflix will end their biggest show especially with House of Cards ending already.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...87&postcount=2 - 2018 HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY IS LIVE!
Old 05-22-2018, 10:02 PM   #185
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
There will without a doubt be another season. No way Netflix will end their biggest show especially with House of Cards ending already.
There will be another one. I’m just saying that ratings should be down since everyone hates the show now.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #186

Jan 2011
Michigan

They might say they hate it, but they will keep watching lol
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...87&postcount=2 - 2018 HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY IS LIVE!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #187
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
They might say they hate it, but they will keep watching lol
They failed to provide a reason to make viewers want to return. Main storyline is done lol
Old 05-23-2018, 07:28 AM   #188

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
They failed to provide a reason to make viewers want to return. Main storyline is done lol
I'll watch the first episode just to see how poorly it goes. Because I can't imagine there's any decent way out of that ending.

With that said I didn't loathe the season like everyone else. It was subpar for sure, especially in comparison to the great first season, but I felt like it was 6/10 material, but the last 5-6 episodes were good until the final 30 seconds or whatever.
Thanks given by:
Hucksta G (06-03-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 09:36 AM   #189
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

If Netflix starts to listen to all these parents groups entertainment will be censored by social media.
If you don't believe in VR, you haven't tried it!
Old 05-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #190
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

Just read about the ending of the series and holy shit is that hilariously blunt, if you pardon the pun, and on the nose.
"Film lovers are sick people." - François Truffaut
[FADE TO BLACK]
Old 05-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #191
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

Leaked footage of Season 3

https://www.reddit.com/r/13ReasonsWh...are_taking_13/
Old 05-24-2018, 02:15 AM   #192
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
Denmark

Dang. No wonder Justin was so happy.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #193
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Belgium

It's been 24 hours since I saw the last episode and ... I still don't quite know what to think of it.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:04 PM   #194
Banned

Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluproofie View Post
don’t know why anyone would watch another season of this.
🙄
Old 05-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #195
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2014
Orlando, FL

The third season could be about a school shooting.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #196
Banned

Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyfaile View Post
The third season could be about a school shooting.
I really thought episode 13 was going to be that
Old 05-25-2018, 06:44 PM   #197
Power Member

Jul 2008

Finished season 2 last night. Some mixed feelings, for sure. I was (and still am) a staunch supporter for the first season. It was some of the most powerful, emotional television I've ever seen, flaws and all. It broke me for a solid month, and was virtually all I could think about.

I was on the fence about giving the show a second season, but certainly wasn't willing to dismiss it. After all, one of my favorite shows of all time, The Leftovers, got substantially better once it branched out from its source material into original writing.

I certainly don't think that was the case here. While season 2 definitely humanizes a lot of these characters, and acts as a resolution (albeit a mostly unsatisfying one) to season 1's major conflicts, it didn't carry the same emotional weight or impact to me. There were still gut-wrenching scenes, but because I wasn't as fully engrossed in the show as a whole, they lacked the punch that scenes of similar magnitude in the first season did.

The ending/cliffhanger is a bit of a clunker, for sure, and while I want to see where it leads, I'm very weary of a third season, for a number of reasons. I'm worried that in effort to continue to push the envelope, they'll get even more exploitative to the point that the shock and awe they're going for winds up losing its emotional impact.
[Show spoiler]I'm also sort of disinterested in the show without Katherine Langford, who I think is the driving force. Hannah's story is over and they already struggled with finding appropriate screen time for her in season 2. I can't imagine the show without her, but I also don't think it's plausible to make it with her.

Anyway, some things I liked and disliked about this season:

[Show spoiler]I liked the humanization of Zach, Justin, and Courtney. Zach, especially, became a guy that was relatively easy to root for. I didn't care for them inserting a relationship between he and Hannah, though.

I loved the scene in the finale where Clay hears "The Night We Met" at the dance and breaks down, only to have the others pool around him. That scene hit me hard, and was, for me, the closest the season came to reaching the emotional peak of season one.

I hated that Bryce got away with virtually everything, but I realize that this is probably the most realistic element of the entire season. That is more than likely what would (and has) happen(ed) in the real world, as disgusting as it is.

I disliked Hannah's ghost. This one is tough, because, as I previously mentioned, I think Katherine Langford is the driving force behind the show it suffers as whole when she's not there, but I also think the "guidance by a ghost/vision" trope is a little played out. I do at least appreciate that at no point was Hannah "allowed" to give Clay new information or answer his questions, because she wasn't real.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:42 PM   #198

Dec 2016
Maryland

I've still only watched the first episode of season 2 so far and did not enjoy it. Season 1 was okay, but a little too dramatic and over the top to make it a great show. I loved the book, which is why I watched the show in the first place; but compared to it, the show is a bit disappointing.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #199
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeClair12 View Post
[Show spoiler]I loved the scene in the finale where Clay hears "The Night We Met" at the dance and breaks down, ... That scene hit me hard, and was, for me, the closest the season came to reaching the emotional peak of season one.
Same here. That one hit me hard and remembered me of what I felt during season 1. The rest of the second season couldn't do that.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #200
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
New Zealand

Just finished season 2, I thought the first half was weak but the second half was definitely stronger, and overall I thought it was wasn't that bad.

I for one would definitely watch another season but they should probably end it after that.

Not as good as the first season but not worthy of some of the hate.
My Whole Collection: http://ganny01.filmaf.com/owned
Thanks given by:
esteban² (06-04-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows