Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Black Sails: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
£23.99
16 hrs ago
Fruits Basket: Season Two, Part One (Blu-ray)
£19.68
 
Justice League (Blu-ray)
£3.60
1 day ago
The Gremlins Collection (Blu-ray)
£10.99
 
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
£15.96
11 hrs ago
Fear the Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
£15.99
1 day ago
Batman: 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£54.99
 
The Secret Garden (Blu-ray)
£12.50
1 day ago
National Lampoon's Animal House (Blu-ray)
£5.99
1 hr ago
Monty Python's Flying Circus (Blu-ray)
£97.36
1 hr ago
The Piano (Blu-ray)
£7.00
21 hrs ago
Frank Herbert's Dune (Blu-ray)
£11.99
16 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2021, 08:22 PM   #21
drush9999 drush9999 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
drush9999's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England
13
2524
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
Final Cut Entertainment are releasing all four films in a box set for The U.K.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airport-Blu.../dp/B08P4RTLMX
I bought the US set recently for approximately half that price
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bourne1886 (01-23-2021), Scottishguy (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 08:24 PM   #22
Scottishguy Scottishguy is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2019
-
-
-
1
Default

Don't we have a Final Cut thread?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:53 PM   #23
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
188
950
180
2
64
87
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishguy View Post
Don't we have a Final Cut thread?
Why? Havenít you checked?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #24
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
188
950
180
2
64
87
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by drush9999 View Post
I bought the US set recently for approximately half that price
Cool. Where from? I’ve also seen it at Zavvi for £29.99.

Last edited by Bourne1886; 01-23-2021 at 08:59 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:19 PM   #25
drush9999 drush9999 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
drush9999's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England
13
2524
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
Cool. Where from? Iíve also seen it at Zavvi for £29.99.
Was on ebay for ~19 quid shipped when I bought it. Think I may have taken advantage of the Allyourmusic 15% off deal at the time.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bourne1886 (01-23-2021), Scottishguy (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 09:27 PM   #26
Scottishguy Scottishguy is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2019
-
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
Why? Havenít you checked?
Evidently I haven't
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:59 PM   #27
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
188
950
180
2
64
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishguy View Post
Evidently I haven't
Well Iím not gonna do it for you!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #28
Dr Lenera Dr Lenera is offline
Senior Member
 
Dr Lenera's Avatar
 
Mar 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drush9999 View Post
I bought the US set recently for approximately half that price

I did the same thing about a year ago, loved these films as a kid, now they're just full of unintentional laughs but I still enjoy them anyhow. A shame Final Cut couldn't provide any special features.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Django100 (01-24-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #29
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
188
950
180
2
64
87
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lenera View Post
I did the same thing about a year ago, loved these films as a kid, now they're just full of unintentional laughs but I still enjoy them anyhow. A shame Final Cut couldn't provide any special features.
Yeah it’s a shame Final Cut couldn’t include any extras. Not even a trailer for each film. It would have been nice to see the tv footage they created for the special showings all those years ago included and maybe an interview with Jacqueline Bisset for the first film and there must be some archive interviews or an old press kit or something knocking about but at least the U.K has them all in one boxset now.

The picture quality for numbers 1 and 2 are the best. There’s a couple of minor anomalies here and there but nothing so bad to spoil your viewing experience. I just watched the first one and it was very enjoyable. It works out at £9 a film, which is still good value for the boxset on Amazon. £7.50 each if the boxset is purchased on Zavvi.

Last edited by Bourne1886; 02-04-2021 at 12:45 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:23 PM   #30
Smokeyandthebandit Smokeyandthebandit is offline
Member
 
Smokeyandthebandit's Avatar
 
Jan 2021
UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
Yeah it’s a shame Final Cut couldn’t include any extras. Not even a trailer for each film. It would have been nice to see the tv footage they created for the special showings all those years ago included and maybe an interview with Jacqueline Bisset for the first film and there must be some archive interviews or an old press kit or something knocking about but at least the U.K has them all in one boxset now.

The picture quality for numbers 1 and 2 are the best. There’s a couple of minor anomalies here and there but nothing so bad to spoil your viewing experience. I just watched the first one and it was very enjoyable. It works out at £9 a film, which is still good value for the boxset on Amazon. £7.50 each if the boxset is purchased on Zavvi.
Are all the films in the correct aspect ratio. Is it possible to list each films aspect ratio that final cut has put them out in
Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:08 PM   #31
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
188
950
180
2
64
87
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeyandthebandit View Post
Are all the films in the correct aspect ratio. Is it possible to list each films aspect ratio that final cut has put them out in
Thanks
Yeah of course, Iíll try to get back to you tomorrow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:33 PM   #32
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
188
950
180
2
64
87
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeyandthebandit View Post
Are all the films in the correct aspect ratio. Is it possible to list each films aspect ratio that final cut has put them out in
Thanks
The films arenít in their correct original theatrical aspect ratioís as far as Iím aware.

The first three films on Blu-ray are in aspect ratio 2.35:1.

The fourth and last film is in aspect ratio 1.85:1.

Hope this helps.

Sorry it took a while for me to get back to you.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Smokeyandthebandit (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 07:29 AM   #33
Todd Tomorrow Todd Tomorrow is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Todd Tomorrow's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Berlin, Germany
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
The films arenít in their correct original theatrical aspect ratioís as far as Iím aware.

The first three films on Blu-ray are in aspect ratio 2.35:1.

The fourth and last film is in aspect ratio 1.85:1.

Hope this helps.

Sorry it took a while for me to get back to you.
Can you explain how you came to the conclusion that these aren't the correct aspect ratios ? All four films were released close enough to the aspect ratios listed here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:02 AM   #34
Swissangel4616 Swissangel4616 is offline
Senior Member
 
Swissangel4616's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
77
1030
325
340
Default

the german bluray-Box Set contains some extras - at least picture galleries and Super-8-Versions of the movies
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CZDK (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 09:41 AM   #35
CZDK CZDK is offline
Active Member
 
CZDK's Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Denmark
36
2293
4
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissangel4616 View Post
the german bluray-Box Set contains some extras - at least picture galleries and Super-8-Versions of the movies
It also contains both English and German trailers.

It is worth noting, however, that if the Super 8 versions have sound it will most likely be in German.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Swissangel4616 (02-10-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 02:56 PM   #36
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
188
950
180
2
64
87
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Tomorrow View Post
Can you explain how you came to the conclusion that these aren't the correct aspect ratios ? All four films were released close enough to the aspect ratios listed here.
If they were released Ďclose enoughí to the aspect ratios listed here then they are still not the correct original theatrical aspect releases ratios, are they sport!?

I think you answered your own question!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:28 PM   #37
malcy30 malcy30 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jan 2011
Somewhere in the South
-
-
1
Default

Where is the error ? If you mean 1.78 vs 1.85 you won't win the argument as they are seen as interchangeable.

The aspect ratios on these BDs are correct at least for the US Universal release I have.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #38
Todd Tomorrow Todd Tomorrow is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Todd Tomorrow's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Berlin, Germany
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
If they were released ‘close enough’ to the aspect ratios listed here then they are still not the correct original theatrical aspect releases ratios, are they sport!?

I think you answered your own question!
The only film which could be argued as not being 100% correct is Airport, which originally was released in 65mm at 2.20:1. According to Robert A. Harris that was due to adding a magnetic sound strip. The blu-ray went back to the original negative, adding a sliver of extra picture information to the sides for a 2.35:1 presentation.

Airport '77' 2.39:1 ratio is identical to 2.35:1 when exhibited, so the 2.35:1 transfer is correct.

The other two films are transferred exactly as the listed aspect ratio.

None of them are what would be considered incorrect, so maybe go easy on the condescending attitude.

Last edited by Todd Tomorrow; 02-09-2021 at 07:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #39
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
188
950
180
2
64
87
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Tomorrow View Post
The only film which could be argued as not being 100% correct is Airport, which originally was released in 65mm at 2.20:1. According to Robert A. Harris that was due to adding a magnetic sound strip. The blu-ray went back to the original negative, adding a sliver of extra picture information to the sides for a 2.35:1 presentation.

Airport '77' 2.39:1 ratio is identical to 2.35:1 when exhibited, so the 2.35:1 transfer is correct.

The other two films are transferred exactly as the listed aspect ratio.

None of them are what would be considered incorrect, so maybe go easy on the condescending attitude.
Well thank you so much but what was the point of your original post to me, if you knew the answer then, because I donít care! With your attitude it felt like you were singling me out for no reason in order to make out your importance! Take some of your own medicine then and stop with the high and mighty attitude! Plus leave me alone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:20 PM   #40
Swissangel4616 Swissangel4616 is offline
Senior Member
 
Swissangel4616's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
77
1030
325
340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZDK View Post
It also contains both English and German trailers.

It is worth noting, however, that if the Super 8 versions have sound it will most likely be in German.
Yes, the Super 8 version are in german. Like I said: "at least" meaning: better than nothing
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CZDK (02-10-2021)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:23 AM.