Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Comin' at Ya! 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Pirates! Band of Misfits 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.77
3 hrs ago
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #20681

Sep 2011
St-Apollinaire, Quebec

watched Flying Swords of the Dragon Gate last night. stunning 3D. its well balanced and make up for the sometimes horrible CGI.
Thanks given by:
hasslein (Today), Okiephile (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #20682
Special Member

Sep 2019
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanon View Post
watched Flying Swords of the Dragon Gate last night. stunning 3D. its well balanced and make up for the sometimes horrible CGI.
I didnít notice bad cgi but Iím from the age when they had to use miniatures before cgi so I tend not to notice. Agree the movie and 3D were good.
Thanks given by:
Cabanon (Yesterday), Emoto (Yesterday), Joe D. (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #20683
Special Member

Sep 2019
Oklahoma

Rewatched The Mummy ( Tom Cruise ). Liked it better than the first time and I liked it then. Some really good 3D. Excellent Dolby true hd soundtrack.
Thanks given by:
hasslein (Today), levcore (Yesterday), pickit60 (Yesterday), ryudoadema (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #20684
Expert Member

Jan 2011

Dolphin's Tale: 4.0
Quality of Depth 4/5
Quality of Pops 3/5
Quality of Layering 4/5
Quality of Ghosting Minimization 5/5
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #20685

Apr 2007

Asterix & Obelix: God Save Britannia 3D

This appears to be a native 3D release. Strong 3D with many pop-outs. Guffaw mostly situational humor. Seems like it might have been a big budget misfire. I was so happy with the 3D I probably overlooked many of its flaws.

EDIT: I don't think Asterix has English subtitles on the disk and I don't know what Region - package says A,B,C. Please verify if you intend to pick this up.

The Howling Reborn / Bluemoon 3D

Also picked up but have not finished watching - It is a converted 3D but a decent conversion - not an auto-convert. Sadly just depth and little else to offer in 3D (or otherwise). Oh well. Did I mention it is in 3D? Has Ivana Milicevic.

Package says Region B. Has English Audio.

Last edited by fingersdlp; Yesterday at 09:18 PM.
Thanks given by:
hasslein (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #20686

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingersdlp View Post
The Howling Reborn / Blue Moon 3D

Also picked up but have not finished watching - It is a converted 3D but a decent conversion - not an auto-convert. Sadly just depth and little else to offer in 3D (or otherwise). Oh well. Did I mention it is in 3D? Has Ivana Milicevic.

Package says Region B. Has English Audio.
I'd be surprised if this wasn't an autoconversion. It's also very heavily cut (over 6 minutes is missing).
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #20687

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
I'd be surprised if this wasn't an autoconversion. It's also very heavily cut (over 6 minutes is missing).
Well let me watch the rest of it. I watched a few minutes at the start and it did not have any off-layers or other signs of an auto convert. Interesting.

EDIT: I watched a bit more. Really does not seem like an autoconversion. Not great as only depth but solid focus and layering.

The credits list "Boogie Studio" in Canada for post production. A quick google says "offers a high-end 2D and a stereoscopic 3D postproduction".

Maybe 2d movies have 3D artists and compositors? - those are listed in the post credits as well but like I indicated I don't know if that is an indication of a proper 3D conversion.

In any event the 3D is not terrible. The movie might be - still have to finish it. Ha.

Last edited by fingersdlp; Yesterday at 11:27 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #20688
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2019

Godzilla - King of the Monsters 3D - Could have been better. Lots of missed opportunities. Not every fight had to happen in the dead of night.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #20689

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Well let me watch the rest of it. I watched a few minutes at the start and it did not have any off-layers or other signs of an auto convert. Interesting.
Seems a bit pointless to waste money converting a film that's been excessively butchered by the censors, but who knows...
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM   #20690

Dec 2009
Lancaster, PA

Quote:

This appears to be a native 3D release. Strong 3D with many pop-outs. Guffaw mostly situational humor. Seems like it might have been a big budget misfire. I was so happy with the 3D I probably overlooked many of its flaws.

EDIT: I don't think Asterix has English subtitles on the disk and I don't know what Region - package says A,B,C. Please verify if you intend to pick this up.
So do you speak French or Greek? Pretty cool!

Does anyone confirm that the French disc has the English subtitles?
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM   #20691

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Seems a bit pointless to waste money converting a film that's been excessively butchered by the censors, but who knows...
Maybe the cut it down to save costs on converting it to 3D? It sure ain't Shakespeare either way. I updated my previous post with more info.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #20692

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsfan View Post
So do you speak French or Greek? Pretty cool!

Does anyone confirm that the French disc has the English subtitles?
Sadly no. Only English. Some players allow use of an external subtitle when playing. Which I did. The version I have has French and German audio only and only German subtitles. Title: "Asterix Obelix IM AUFTRAG IHRER MAJESTAT" for those who read German.
Thanks given by:
philsfan (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #20693
Special Member

Sep 2019
Oklahoma

In case your looking our movie club was moved to questions recommendation thread. 13 thought that was a better fit.
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #20694
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Godzilla - King of the Monsters 3D - Could have been better. Lots of missed opportunities. Not every fight had to happen in the dead of night.
Hi Josh,

What a coincidence. I just finished watching it too. I remembered it being too dark when I saw it before, however, considering it's darkness the 3D wasn't so bad

Silly fun to watch. Definitely better in 3D.
Thanks given by:
Okiephile (Today)
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #20695

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiephile View Post
In case your looking our movie club was moved to questions recommendation thread. 13 thought that was a better fit.
Since what you are proposing is recommending films to watch, the recommendations thread is the proper place for that, as well as general discussion.

Like it says in the title, this thread is to discuss movies you last bought or watched.

Having said that, using the dedicated movie threads is more helpful when it comes to others finding the discussions in future. Given that this thread is up to well over 1000 pages, it's easy for good reviews/discussions to get buried here.

Back on topic, the last movies I bought were The Croods: A New Age (arrived today) and The Iron Mask and Dragon Rider (pre-orders). The last movie I watched was the Japanese cut of 47 Ronin which is so indistinguishable from the international cut that you probably wouldn't notice the differences even if you watched them back-to-back.

Last edited by the13thman; Today at 12:42 AM.
Old Today, 02:19 AM   #20696

Aug 2013
San Francisco, CA
Brazil

Quote:

Only the Brazilian version is English-friendly:

Asterix E Obelix A ServiÁo De Sua Majestade 3-D Blu-ray
audio: French DTS HD MA 5.1, Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1
subtitles: Portuguese, English
Region Free
Thanks given by:
philsfan (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies