Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Just Dance 2019 (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Xbox One)
$19.88
 
Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Xbox One)
$19.88
 
Spyro Reignited Trilogy / Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy (Xbox One)
$54.98
2 hrs ago
Crayola Scoot (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
XCOM 2 (Xbox One)
$15.90
 
A Way Out (Xbox One)
$22.99
 
Just Cause 4 (Xbox One)
$36.27
 
Fortnite (Xbox One)
$24.99
 
Resident Evil 2 (Xbox One)
$57.90
 
Beast Quest (Xbox One)
$12.75
 
Sniper Elite 4 (Xbox One)
$25.93
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2019, 01:17 AM   #101
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
445
7
Default

Two surprise games added today. Just Cause 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:29 AM   #102
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Two surprise games added today. Just Cause 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Just Cause 3 is a good addition.

Iím simply shocked at how bad 4 looks. Being nice, Just Cause 4 looks like a PS3 game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #103
TheFilmAficionado TheFilmAficionado is offline
Member
 
TheFilmAficionado's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Default

Game Pass is pound for pound one of the best values in gaming today. I mean, $9.99/month for access to hundreds of games, including first party exclusives and AAA titles that may be a year or two old, it's an absolute must have for any Xbox One owner. You can literally walk into a store and buy a new Xbox One and not have to buy any games along with it unless you're looking for a specific game that isn't on the service. You can bring it home, hook it up, subscribe for $1 (if you're a new account), and enjoy hundreds of games spanning dozens of genres. There is nothing quite like it in gaming today.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:24 PM   #104
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
445
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFilmAficionado View Post
Game Pass is pound for pound one of the best values in gaming today. I mean, $9.99/month for access to hundreds of games, including first party exclusives and AAA titles that may be a year or two old, it's an absolute must have for any Xbox One owner. You can literally walk into a store and buy a new Xbox One and not have to buy any games along with it unless you're looking for a specific game that isn't on the service. You can bring it home, hook it up, subscribe for $1 (if you're a new account), and enjoy hundreds of games spanning dozens of genres. There is nothing quite like it in gaming today.
And this is exactly what they're hoping for with the upcoming version that will not have a disc drive. It'll feature pretty much S innards (hopefully they get rid of the 32MB of ESRAM and make it a unified pool for an instant performance boost) and should cost $150 or less. With a system that cheap and a wealth of games for $10 a month it'll attract people who don't t care about graphics.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #105
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
445
7
Default

We Happy Few and the LEGO Movie Game coming the 17th.

Saints Row: The Third and Shadow of Mordor on the 24th.

Last edited by dyne; 01-16-2019 at 06:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:04 AM   #106
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
We Happy Few and the LEGO Movie Game coming the 17th.

Saints Row: The Third and Shadow of Mordor on the 24th.
Thanks.

I heard about them via tweet posts from Gamepass. Iím not sure if Compulsion fixed We Happy Few. I heard itís a broken mess at Launch. I found Shadow to be ok. Not a huge fan of the series but did play both on PlayStation. Will definitely check out on X as it is enhanced.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:21 AM   #107
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
445
7
Default

Shadow of War is enhanced, not Mordor.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 01:21 AM   #108
solarrdadd solarrdadd is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
1261
4
42
316
Default

I upgraded from a 360 to a One S last year during the BF holiday weekend. I'm absolutely loving it. the system had a free 30 days of Game Pass and I've downloaded some really good games and love playing them. I just got around to renewing it for 6 months via a prepaid card and I just downloaded some new games and I'm still very happy.

I think it's a great value and hey, to keep playing those games and the ability to get new games and continue to play them I think the price is just fine. I've said it before, 3 cups of coffee at "bucks" is the cost of a month of superior gaming. I drink mc donald's coffee so, I've got money left over for $10 bucks a month.

speaking for myself, I like it and I like the fact that I can let it go after it runs out until I want to renew it again and I can do it month by month.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:56 AM   #109
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Shadow of War is enhanced, not Mordor.
Crap, wrong game in head.

Well I’ll be skipping them then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #110
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
445
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Crap, wrong game in head.

Well Iíll be skipping them then.
Yeah I don't understand why either as I think there was a Pro specific update at one point but they never went back to X.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:37 AM   #111
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
445
7
Default

Coming in February

7th
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Pumped BMX Pro

14th
de Blob

15th
Crackdown 3

21st
Batman: Return to Arkham

Can this maybe get stickied? I think it’s important enough.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (02-14-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 05:53 AM   #112
x7q3 x7q3 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2018
Default

A cheap service where you stream thousands of video games is a great idea. It would give you plenty to play, just like Netflix gives you plenty to watch.

I can see this becoming the future. But Internet and Wi-Fi speeds better get much faster. You can't have a game load in the middle of online multiplayer action, like Battlefield or Call of Duty, for example. That would ruin your game.

Wi-Fi in particular, it is slower than wired. Wired is a direct connection, while Wi-Fi goes through the air. Wi-Fi can't easily pass through walls, etc. All I can say is, Internet and Wi-Fi better get a lot faster before game streaming becomes mainstream.

There would be a lot of mad people, if they see their HD/4K game continually stopping and loading (particularly on Wi-Fi).
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #113
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Coming in February

7th
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Pumped BMX Pro

14th
de Blob

15th
Crackdown 3

21st
Batman: Return to Arkham

Can this maybe get stickied? I think itís important enough.
I wouldnít mind it being stickied. Looks like Gamepass is here to stay.

Disappointed with what has been shown off of Crackdown 3. Iíll give it a try.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #114
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
445
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7q3 View Post
A cheap service where you stream thousands of video games is a great idea. It would give you plenty to play, just like Netflix gives you plenty to watch.

I can see this becoming the future. But Internet and Wi-Fi speeds better get much faster. You can't have a game load in the middle of online multiplayer action, like Battlefield or Call of Duty, for example. That would ruin your game.

Wi-Fi in particular, it is slower than wired. Wired is a direct connection, while Wi-Fi goes through the air. Wi-Fi can't easily pass through walls, etc. All I can say is, Internet and Wi-Fi better get a lot faster before game streaming becomes mainstream.

There would be a lot of mad people, if they see their HD/4K game continually stopping and loading (particularly on Wi-Fi).
Good thing you don’t stream games on Gamepass.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
salz4life (02-13-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 03:51 AM   #115
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Musta been on Crack when looking at your list dyne.

Am download Shadow of the Tomb Raider now. I finished it on PS4 Pro & would like to see the visual improvements.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #116
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
445
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Musta been on Crack when looking at your list dyne.

Am download Shadow of the Tomb Raider now. I finished it on PS4 Pro & would like to see the visual improvements.
I don't remember if you had a tv with HDR. If you do let me know how it looks to you. The past two TR games have looked washed out to me. No true blacks but dark greys. Most other games look perfectly fine.


Leaving Gamepass this month

Quote:
Outgoing games can be found under the ďLeaving SoonĒ category in the Xbox Game Pass tab on the Xbox One dashboard. You have to scroll down to see it; itís the sixth section from the top. The list is typically updated around the middle of the month.
Aven Colony
Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
The Final Station
Kyub
Lumo
Massive Chalice
Mega Coin Squad
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Shadow Warrior
Sonic CD
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM   #117
ramzy1 ramzy1 is offline
Active Member
 
ramzy1's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Minnesota
21
116
10
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Musta been on Crack when looking at your list dyne.

Am download Shadow of the Tomb Raider now. I finished it on PS4 Pro & would like to see the visual improvements.
DF's analysis said there was only a small resolution bump (2016p vs 1872p) and a touch steadier frame rate if playing at 1080p/60FPS.

Keep your expectations in check. Nothing like the gap that Rise had.

Last edited by ramzy1; Today at 04:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:56 PM   #118
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy1 View Post
DF's analysis said there was only a small resolutuon bump (2016p vs 1872p) and a touch steadier frame rate if playing at 1080p/60FPS.

Keep your expectations in check. Nothing like the gap that Rise had.
Itís noticeable on my SDR 4K.

Especially the intro jungle areas. Laraís model & cloth textures also show more detail. Draw distance is also improved slightly over the PS4. I prefer the hi res mainly because my display is 65Ē
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:43 PM   #119
ramzy1 ramzy1 is offline
Active Member
 
ramzy1's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Minnesota
21
116
10
15
Default

I'm also on a 65" and sit 7ft away, but prefer the 1080p/60fps. Just personal preference anytime 60fps is an option.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (Today), Talal86 (Today)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:51 PM.