Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$15.95

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$17.26

Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (Wii U)
$18.57

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 05-07-2017, 05:41 AM   #1781
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
I finally picked up a Wii U this weekend from a used shop. Traded in some Blu-rays and only had to pay $65 out-of-pocket. I never got the original Wii so now I'll finally be able to catch up on all those games as well.
I liked the Wii U and was disappointed that it never took off.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:51 PM   #1782

Aug 2017
Chicago, IL
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
I liked the Wii U and was disappointed that it never took off.
Best system nintendo ever made in my opinion. You get the best of the Wii and a bunch of great Mario games that won’t be made for the switch. Crazy that it never took off.
Thanks given by:
buck135 (04-05-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 01:24 AM   #1783
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyBeers311 View Post
Best system nintendo ever made in my opinion. You get the best of the Wii and a bunch of great Mario games that won’t be made for the switch. Crazy that it never took off.
I like the system too but I completely understand why it flopped hard. The reasons are many.

1. The name/marketing - Seriously, to this day many people still don't know the Wii U was it's own console. I've heard many people say they thought the Wii U was some sort of HD add-on for the Wii or an upgraded Wii. Nintendo made a huge mistake trying to latch onto the Wii brand name by just adding one letter to the name. It backfired in a big way. It didn't help that Nintendo's extremely poor marketing of the console did little to make a point of it being a completely new console.

2. Cost/the GamePad - Nintendo's big gimmick with the Wii U was the GamePad. It was an interesting concept but in the end it cost Nintendo dearly. The biggest problem was it's extremely high initial cost caused the console to be priced far higher than it would have been with a regular controller. They could have at least made the thing optional, releasing a version of the console at a far cheaper price, minus the GamePad. It was also annoying that those of us who liked the GamePad couldn't buy one separately from the console.

3. Garbage third party support. The Wii U was absolute rock bottom for Nintendo in quality third party support. I own 30 Wii U games and the number of third party games in my library is just 5.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #1784

Aug 2017
Chicago, IL
USA GamePad battery

Hi all, looking for some advice. We use our Wii U daily, and I noticed the battery life on the gamepad is only around an hour and a half. It used to last longer. Has anyone replaced their gamepad battery with an aftermarket one? And if you did where did you find one? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #1785
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Not an aftermarket one, no. I replaced mine with the higher capacity one straight from Nintendo. Sadly it looks like they're no longer available. It's an easy process. You might want to shoot Nintendo an email to see if they might have a source before scouring eBay for a 3rd party one.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #1786
Banned

Oct 2012
New York

You can always play with the Gamepad plugged in.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U