Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$15.95

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U (Wii U)
$19.99

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$17.26

Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (Wii U)
$17.59

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #1

Nov 2009
FLooRI.D.A
Default New Wii Upscaler Promises 1080p HD Image From Wii

Just wondering if anyone has tired this out yet, I'm a bit skeptical as it stands right now.

Here is a link to a somewhat favorable review I found.

http://purenintendo.com/2010/04/08/r...hdmi-upscaler/

And a link to purchase.

http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page=...hk=1&Itemid=53

There are some hi res side by side pics in the review I posted.

Right off the bat you notice text has been improved, and I imagine a lot of cell shaded type games would look better, not too sure how it'll improve polygons and jaggies however.

The review ultimately states if you don't already have component cables, this will be the way to go, if you do, if might be better off waiting for a HD Wii.

But when is that ever going to happen? Even when Nintendo makes a new console, it doesn't mean Wii will be backwards compatible.

I have component cables for my Wii, but it's still just collecting dust, guess I've been spoiled my PS3 and 360. Sad too because Wii has some really great games, I just can't stand the fuzzy, muddy look of 480 after all this playing games in 1080p. The Wii acually looked better on my old Sony Trinitron CRT TV, playing through S-Video, but it's stupid to have a whole second monitor just to play Wii just because Nintendo is too ***** to release a HD model because as Nintendos Fils-Aime keeps saying, "it doesn't fit our needs right now"

**** *** How can Nintendo not wanna change with the times? I want Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M in HD **** it!/rant

If anyone has or knows if this Wii Upscaler works, please share your thoughts.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
CT Shoreline

Nintendo has never wanted to be the most flashy game company. They've always mainly focused on gameplay, and I just don't see that changing anytime soon. Their stuff has sold wonderfully for the most part through the years... why mess with success?
Old 04-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Natively hi-def games take more processing power than the Wii has.

This upscaler is a curious thing; I may look into it.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

Too bad it's $60. I'd love to have something like that for super-seamless integration into my home theater and AVR, but my Sony does a nice job with the component coming from the Wii, so I'm good. It'd be nice to go 100% digital, but I think I'll wait. Until a future generation Wii that has the digital output without an add-on processor.

Like Blu Atlas said, Nintendo focuses on gameplay. Their games are friggin' fantastic, and they're so good that their resolution/graphics don't matter at least to most who play (including me).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U