Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$15.95

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$17.26

Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (Wii U)
$17.88

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!
Default Lego City: Undercover

I checked gamestops site. And, they have it listed for 3/1/13. Hope it's not true.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/...ercover/102501

cheat codes:
MHHRHM: Race car driver (credit: Grim Reaper)
XKGZVJ: Gorilla Suit (credit: Grim Reaper)
HVGTPG: Natalia Kowalski (credit: Grim Reaper)
GYSTQP: Werewolf (credit: Grim Reaper)
N7NN4F9: Bonus Missions/Cars from the speed set (can be entered in front of the police station after chapter 5)
RJYZHC: Samurai Warrior (credit: Xboxbydegrees)
YCMWKP: Baseball Player (credit: Xboxbydegrees)
VZHHDM: Relocator Vehicle (credit: Xboxbydegrees)
DWJVCT: Drakonas Vehicle (credit: Xboxbydegrees)
SYFMWJ: footie strip (credit: josuv22)
CNCNRH: Popstar (credit: josuv22)
MRPHVQ: Karate Guy Disguise (credit: josuv22)
FHSZYG: Ninja Suit (credit: josuv22)
NRRXYM: Pharaoh (credit: josuv22)
DWJVCT: Chan's Drakonas! (credit: Grim Reaper)
CQSZBJ: Extraterrestrial (credit: josuv22)
SSVKCT: Minotaur (credit: josuv22)
WRSKVC: Roman Soldier (credit: josuv22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josuv22 View Post
cames across this

Nintendo will be distributing codes next week through Facebook and Twitter, enabling you to

unlock special costumes, allowing McCain to dress up as a footballer, pop star, pharaoh and minotaur.

There are also 100 vehicles in the game and Nintendo will also be releasing codes for two special vehicles which you'll be able to select at the various Vehicle Call-in Points dotted around LEGO City.

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 04-26-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
I checked gamestops site. And, they have it listed for 3/1/13. Hope it's not true.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/...ercover/102501
It would strike me as very odd that they would already be running TV ads for a game 4 months away.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

I hope it's sooner. This game is the reason why I bought a wii u.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Send a message via AIM to Rhoq

They never set a release date and I'm not sure if it was ever listed as "launch window" title (which Nintendo says is anywhere from November 18, 2012 through the end of March 2013).
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

it used to say launch window on the nintendo site. now it just says coming soon.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!
Default Lego City Undercover requires external hdd

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-nintendo-says

The digital version of Lego City Undercover requires you to have an external hard drive for your Wii U, Nintendo has cautioned.

The publisher has warned those wishing to download the title from the Wii U eShop.

"An external hard drive is required to download this software," a notice on the game's official site reads. "Visit support.nintendo.com for information about storage options."

Reports suggest the open-world adventure weighs in at a hefty 22GB - we're checking with Nintendo now to make sure.

Basic 8GB Wii U consoles have just 3GB free space after installing system software and creating a user profile, Nintendo revealed last year.

Premium 32GB Wii U consoles get 25GB of usable space - suggesting that you should just about be able to squeeze Lego City Undercover on. That's bearing in mind you've got no other software or apps downloaded.

Nintendo doesn't make a distinction between the two models, simply stating that Wii U owners in general will need an external hard drive.

We'll update when we hear back.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

not much of a surprise there. prefer retail disk version so wont be effect, least 2tb hard-disk can be gotten got about 60 quid so not an issue.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

I refuse to buy anything off the eshop. Not until Nintendo changes it. So, anything off the eshop is linked to your id & not the console it was bought on.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
Power Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

And this is why Nintendo should have gone with a bigger hard drive size. This is just ridiculous.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

or do what sony did. let us upgrade the hdd.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by josuv22 View Post
not much of a surprise there. prefer retail disk version so wont be effect, least 2tb hard-disk can be gotten got about 60 quid so not an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
And this is why Nintendo should have gone with a bigger hard drive size. This is just ridiculous.
Bigger hard drive size would have driven their price point up, which is already too high to begin with.

This makes me glad I got a 2TB harddrive for the Wii U months ago during holiday sales. Anyone who has any clue about digital storage knew the addition of an external harddrive was an inevitability.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #12
Power Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMan28 View Post
Bigger hard drive size would have driven their price point up, which is already too high to begin with.

This makes me glad I got a 2TB harddrive for the Wii U months ago during holiday sales. Anyone who has any clue about digital storage knew the addition of an external harddrive was an inevitability.
Maybe for solid state drives. Regular hard drives can be had for pretty cheap. I mean, I can get a 1TB hdd for my PS3 for under $100.

With the direction consoles are going in by including hard drives, I was hoping to get away from having to by external memory cards/hard drives. I mean, we are entering the future of gaming. Why do we still need to buy external memory for games that are only getting bigger?

Last edited by GP Legend; 03-19-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Was confirmed by nintendoeverything.com that the deluxe Wii U model can download, and play, this game without an external HD.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMan28 View Post

+1

I would rather have Nintendo not include a larger HD, support all forms of external HD, and have a cheaper entry price. Having the Wii U release with a 250+ gb HD would have up the price close to 30-50 bucks, while an external 1tb hd is 70ish.

While I support the digital format for games, there are a lot of people who don't and will not use this service.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #15
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
+1

I would rather have Nintendo not include a larger HD, support all forms of external HD, and have a cheaper entry price. Having the Wii U release with a 250+ gb HD would have up the price close to 30-50 bucks, while an external 1tb hd is 70ish.

While I support the digital format for games, there are a lot of people who don't and will not use this service.
Specially when anything from the eshop is tied to the console & not the profile.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #16
Power Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
+1

That's not really an excuse these days. a 500GB PS3 is cheaper than the 32 GB Wii U deluxe model. Nintendo should be able to eat that extra $30-50, especially if they are charging $350 for the "premium" model.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #17
Expert Member

Jun 2009

I got the basic set. I have no need for any of the extras that came with the deluxe, and I knew from the start that even with the bigger drive on the deluxe I'd end up getting another drive. So for less than the difference in price I have more storage on it than I'll likely use.

I'd rather do it that way than than having to buy a proprietary drive for way over price like the Xbox.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
Expert Member

Feb 2008

anyone liking this game. my wii u has been collecting dust since december. glad i picked this game up. its fun.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #19
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gino View Post
anyone liking this game. my wii u has been collecting dust since december. glad i picked this game up. its fun.
same here. i even had to do updates & charge the pad.

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 03-22-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #20
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

cheat codes added

please post cheat codes when you come across them. and, ill give you credit for finding them.

star from a mario game

viva pinata

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 03-22-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U