Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$15.95

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$17.26

Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (Wii U)
$17.59

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Power Member

Apr 2011
Default New Super Mario Bros U (2012)

Quote:
New Super Mario Bros. U is a multiplayer Platforming adventure that provides a new take on a classic Nintendo franchise that will delight players of all ages and experience levels. A Wii U launch title, New Super Mario Bros. U offers a new way to experience Mario fun like never before. Game features include: support for up to five players, the new Boost Mode and Challenge Mode, unique uses for Miis, and new block elements that can be used as navigation aids.

This belongs to Blu-ray Games because Wii U uses Blu-ray as its disc proprietary, the only difference is that Nintendo decided to make it as its own disc format (for games solely) than paying the rights to all features (and thus far, benefits) of Blu-ray.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Um, Wii-U games arent on bluray
Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I think he is trying to make a point to someone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
This belongs to Blu-ray Games because Wii U uses Blu-ray as its disc proprietary, the only difference is that Nintendo decided to make it as its own disc format (for games solely) than paying the rights to all features (and thus far, benefits) of Blu-ray.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
I think he is trying to make a point to someone...
I get that and his point is flawed. This topic definetly feels more like a lame trolling attempt bc of what went on earlier in another thread
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Well, I think this topic is fantastic. Can we talk about the word "New"? There are four "New" Super Mario Bros games. I don't think they're new anymore, Nintendo. Also, New Super Mario Bros Wii, the only one I played. It's awful. The physics are jacked. Too floaty! And there hasn't been a good Super Mario Bros game since World.

Good topic, ps3bd_owner. I look forward to your future contributions!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
This topic definetly feels more like a lame trolling attempt bc of what went on earlier in another thread
Missed that one.

I am sure a mod will remove this thread shortly.

**updated** Ahhh, Orbis thread. I tend to stay away from that one. Too many rumors and wild thoughts for my liking.

Last edited by RaijinUT; 02-12-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
I am sure a mod will remove this thread shortly.
With that kind of attitude it will be. I'm still waiting for ps3bd_owner to offer his impressions of New Super Mario Bros U for the Wii U.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

I like the Wii New Super Mario Bros. I wish the Wii U version was also on the Wii. Co-op with my son is enjoyable.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
I like the Wii New Super Mario Bros. I wish the Wii U version was also on the Wii. Co-op with my son is enjoyable.
I think it odd they didn't do a dual release like Twilight Princess, but maybe it says something about their confidence in sales of the Wii U.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvis View Post
I think it odd they didn't do a dual release like Twilight Princess, but maybe it says something about their confidence in sales of the Wii U.
Probably. Need a system seller. Still time to release it on the Wii, come on Nintendo do it!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

I actually really liked those 2D'ish levels in Super Mario Sunshine. I wish they'd turn that into an entire game. Which sorta seems like what Super Mario 3D Land is. But, in my time honored tradition of hating things. I hate handhelds.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Anyway, all that aside, this game is really good--probably the best Mario game I've played since Super Mario World--and it feels like a true sequel to Super Mario Bros. 3. If anything, I think this title is more deserving of the title of Super Mario Bros. 4 than SMW is.

That aside, though, I don't know if there's too much else to talk about. The game is pretty straightforward.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #13
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
You're wrong. Nintendo uses Blu-ray as Wii U's disc proprietary which holds 25 GB in total.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Quote:
You're wrong. Nintendo uses Blu-ray as Wii U's disc proprietary which holds 25 GB in total.
I think you mean Panasonic.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
In my theater room.

I thought Wii-U uses a proprietary, round edge, modified blu-ray disk and a modified drive? If it isn't an off the shelf blu-ray disk, then it doesn't use blu-rays. Why is this thread here?

I plan on keeping my IQ as high as it currently is, so you won't get any argument out of me.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
I thought Wii-U uses a proprietary, round edge, modified blu-ray disk and a modified drive? If it isn't an off the shelf blu-ray disk, then it doesn't use blu-rays. Why is this thread here?

I plan on keeping my IQ as high as it currently is, so you won't get any argument out of me.
ps3bd_owner is upset about something and from that came this thread. I think Mario 4 is superior in every way to Mario 3. It's too bad they removed Mario punching Yoshi in the back of the head to make his tongue come out.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
In my theater room.

Quote:
ps3bd_owner is upset about something and from that came this thread. I think Mario 4 is superior in every way to Mario 3. It's too bad they removed Mario punching Yoshi in the back of the head to make his tongue come out.

I haven't played M4, but M3 was fun.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
I haven't played M4, but M3 was fun.
It's pretty rad. In that game Mario punched Yoshi to make him eat things. Here's a Youtube video with unnecessary video effects.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
In my theater room.

Quote:
It's pretty rad. In that game Mario punched Yoshi to make him eat things. Here's a Youtube video with unnecessary video effects.

Mario punches yoshi in the face - YouTube
Oh hell naw!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Its not a Blu-ray disc and even if that were the case, this doesn't belong here. There is a section for Wii-U content. Its all placed in the existing Wii subforum: https://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdispl...aysprune=&f=38
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U