Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$15.95

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$17.26

Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (Wii U)
$17.88

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 12-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

Thanks for the info and replies.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #22

Dec 2012

Had to send mine in for repairs after getting "invalid disc" with every disc I inserted. It is still under warranty so it won't cost me anything, but pretty pissed that this happened. The reason I got the WiiU is because my Wii stopped reading discs also.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Limbo (Bakersfield, Ca.)

So i set up my kids 3ds and wiiu only to discover BOTH headphone jacks do not work. What are the freaking odds?!!! Im kind of pissed about this.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #24

Jun 2011

I just bought a Wii U on Friday (the black Deluxe with Super Mario 3D World) and enjoying it so far.

I was worried the Gamepad would be uncomfortable to hold (just was thinking it would be heavier), but been using it for SM3DW and have had no problems with it.

Just need to transfer over my Wii VC games and saves. The only thing I donít like is no GC support, even if I had to rebuy the games on the shop channel.

But other than that, really enjoying the system.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:54 PM   #25
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbun View Post
I just bought a Wii U on Friday (the black Deluxe with Super Mario 3D World) and enjoying it so far.

I was worried the Gamepad would be uncomfortable to hold (just was thinking it would be heavier), but been using it for SM3DW and have had no problems with it.

Just need to transfer over my Wii VC games and saves. The only thing I donít like is no GC support, even if I had to rebuy the games on the shop channel.

But other than that, really enjoying the system.
There is GameCube support on the Wii U but it's being held back as a feature that only those who hacked their Wii Mode can access. They're able to play GameCube games natively and play certain Wii apps/games with the GameCube controller too.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #26

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
There is GameCube support on the Wii U but it's being held back as a feature that only those who hacked their Wii Mode can access. They're able to play GameCube games natively and play certain Wii apps/games with the GameCube controller too.
I’ve never been one to homebrew my systems, and don’t plan on doing so now. I would like Nintendo to “officially” support GC games through the store, hope this happens in the near future.

Also, what do you mean by having to hack for the GC controller support? What about the GC adapter? That doesn’t allow you to play GC games? Please don’t tell me it is only available for Super Smash Bros. That would be moronic to the Nth degree if Nintendo designed it only that way. What about Windwaker HD?

Last edited by Hobbun; 02-23-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbun View Post
Please donít tell me it is only available for Super Smash Bros. That would be moronic to the Nth degree if Nintendo designed it only that way.
That's all it's used for so far.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #28
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
That's all it's used for so far.
Yep. Super Smash Bros. only and if you try to play the VC demos it'll block you from using the GameCube and require the GamePad/etc instead.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #29

Jun 2011

Wow, thatís REALLY dumb.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

bought a wii U today and no matter how I try I can't find good info about how my older wii controllers will work.

See, I have a wii with 4 controllers and chucks and steering wheels. I know the steering wheels will work as the newer controllers have the shape. ...

However,... what I really want to know is can I use the Wii controllers (without motion plus) with the Wii U ? ...

I believe that at least mario Kart 8 supports the old controllers based on a info graphic on the back of the package .... It's real important I find this out because that and Super Smash bros are the games my kids love but it would suck to have to buy $120 worth of controller now.

-Brian
Old 12-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014

You just have to sync the controllers to the console and they will work.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (12-07-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Great... I found out (I think) that the 2 main games my kids love will work with the old controllers ... cool !
Thanks given by:
KillaCam (12-07-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #33
Power Member

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

I got a couple of these and they work great. They are a lot more comfortable in your hands than the original pill shaped Wii remote.

It has worked fine on all the games I have tried it on. We mostly use them for Super Mario 3D World and Sonic Allstars Racing.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Co.../dp/B002C1AUP0
Old 12-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
However,... what I really want to know is can I use the Wii controllers (without motion plus) with the Wii U ? ...
Yes, you can literally use every single Wii controller with Wii U.

Not all Wii U games support them though. Wii games however running on Wii U work properly.

Which controllers are supported is shown on the back of the Wii U game case. Pikmin 3 for example supports Wiimote + Wiimote+. It's best played by using both gamepad + Wiimote at the same time.

There are also 2 or 3 Wii U games, that require a Wiimote+. It's Wii Sports Club, Mario & Sonic Olympic games 2014 and Nintendo Land. Nintendo Land only requires those for a few of the games though.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:29 AM   #35

Dec 2009

So...anyone else having problems with eshop right now?
I just got my sons Wii U and it sort of connects to the internet. Well it says it does. Had to do the whole manual everything. But when I try to go to anything that actually needs the internet I get nothing. Pretty lame because Lego Dimensions and the console itself need an update.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U