Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$15.95

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$17.26

Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (Wii U)
$17.88

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 12-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011
Default Captain Toad. Who's Treasure Tracking?

Anybody else picking this game up? I can't wait for work to be done and spend some time with it today.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #2

Nov 2014

Yes I do plan on getting it. It looks awesome
Old 12-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007

It's "highly probable" that I will be getting it from my wife for Christmas or my B-Day (which is only a couple of weeks after Christmas).
Old 12-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
Power Member

Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time

I plan to pick this up too.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Getting it for the kids for x-mas but I'll be playing the hell out of it as well.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
North Jersey

I'm plan to get it as well.

guys.. TRU is having buy one get 40% off Wii U games right now... then starting sunday, same deal but all games and accessories..
Old 12-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #7
Special Member

Nov 2009
Calgary
Send a message via Yahoo to chaingunsofdoom

It is loads of fun. Game time for me is around 12 hours so far.

Finished everything (all stars, checkmarks), but a few bonus levels today. I am trying to figure out why there's a challenge time after completing a Book...?
Old 12-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #8
Special Member

Dec 2008
Chamber Of Secrets

Looking forward to Christmas so I can play this game, looks so fun.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

I've only been able to play the first 4 stages since I got it. Loved it so far, just wish I had more time to play.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #10
Power Member

Apr 2011

The American/Japanese covers of Captain Toad looks pretty crappy but the game itself is the same for all regions.

I'll be getting my copy before or on January 2, 2015. I can't wait to play it!

Here's the European cover:

Old 12-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Just beat the first boss. I've gotten all jewels and bonus tasks for every stage up to then with the exception of the one to not be discovered by the shy guys. I got spotted right at the end and didn't want to replay it yet. Such an awesome game so far.

Also finally read my SMB3DW save. What a neat bonus it adds.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #12

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
with the exception of the one to not be discovered by the shy guys. I got spotted right at the end and didn't want to replay it yet. Such an awesome game so far.

Also finally read my SMB3DW save. What a neat bonus it adds.
I have only about 15 min of actual playing time in the game and I'm at the level with that bonus. I only made 3 attempts at it. I'm too impatient...

I'm only a few levels in, but it is definitely a fun game. Hasn't been that challenging yet.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymoe99 View Post
I have only about 15 min of actual playing time in the game and I'm at the level with that bonus. I only made 3 attempts at it. I'm too impatient...

I'm only a few levels in, but it is definitely a fun game. Hasn't been that challenging yet.
I hear it gets much more multitasking in the latter parts.

For that stage in particular the 2nd attempt I killed every shyguy without them seeing me. Bonus didn't pop. You cannot kill them so it took me 3 attempts.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #14

Dec 2011

Helpful tip:
If you tap on the enemies using the game pad screen, they will be stunned for a moment. This will work for sneaking by the enemies.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymoe99 View Post
Helpful tip:
If you tap on the enemies using the game pad screen, they will be stunned for a moment. This will work for sneaking by the enemies.
I wish I knew this before I played through it haha. Finished it last night, sans for a few bonus levels that are a bit too much for me
[Show spoiler]specifically the Mummy me dash one

Absolutely great game though, wonderful to come home and play through some levels and wind down. One of my favorite games of 2014 by far.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #16
Power Member

Apr 2011

On Episode 1 (= Book 1) the game really feels fresh, great, modern and innovative but once you get to Episode 2 you'll notice that Nintendo just recycled the same stages slightly different with Toadette and Episode 3 is like a "Best of Captain Toad" as you just do the same stages again with a certain purpose.

So um, it's a great game but I sure as hell am glad I didn't pay more than 25 (est. $40).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
I wish I knew this before I played through it haha. Finished it last night, sans for a few bonus levels that are a bit too much for me
[Show spoiler]specifically the Mummy me dash one

Absolutely great game though, wonderful to come home and play through some levels and wind down. One of my favorite games of 2014 by far.
If you played Mario 3D World then you'd know it because it's essentially the same game just with a different character that can never jump.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:48 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
If you played Mario 3D World then you'd know it because it's essentially the same game just with a different character that can never jump.
I did play 3D world, but with a pro controller (sibling using gamepad). And it's not essentially the same game. The toad levels are, yeah, but 3D World is much more challenging to me and more about platforming/quick stuff, especially in the back half. CT:TT has less than 5 difficult levels, and that's counting bonus ones. Which isn't a slight to the game for me, as I very much liked coming home and relaxing with the Captain.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #18

Jul 2009
Seattle, WA

This game was fine but too short and easy to justify a $40 price point.
More like download on the arcade for $20 would have been much nicer.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:01 AM   #19
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
I did play 3D world, but with a pro controller (sibling using gamepad). And it's not essentially the same game. The toad levels are, yeah, but 3D World is much more challenging to me and more about platforming/quick stuff, especially in the back half. CT:TT has less than 5 difficult levels, and that's counting bonus ones. Which isn't a slight to the game for me, as I very much liked coming home and relaxing with the Captain.
Understandable.

I played my whole playthrough of Mario 3D World with the GamePad because I sold the Wii U Pro Controller only to realise how much better it is for Wii U games that support it.

I do have to say that it's a shame Captain Toad doesn't support the Wii U Pro Controller and has that stupidly annoying feature (gyroscope camera) which tends to move the camera every which way the gamer's hands move too.

But I digress, after a while I got used to playing without moving my hands too much and it got better but Nintendo should really make it optional.

P.S.: The Amiibo DLC for Captain Toad is just rather lazy, I was hoping for new stages to be unlocked or so but it's hide & seek of Toads.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U