Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
16 hrs ago
Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
 
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
15 hrs ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96
 
Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
 
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74
 
The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Awful Truth (Blu-ray)
$18.96
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2017, 12:58 AM   #301
i.am.stack i.am.stack is offline
Junior Member
 
Dec 2017
-
-
1
Default

Thank you for adding all of those movies! I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Harry Potter
Already in the database:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry...Blu-ray/27176/
Does it matter that it is a different EAN? Is there a way to add multiple EAN's for the same movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Thanks! For whatever reason, I couldn't find it earlier.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:09 AM   #302
i.am.stack i.am.stack is offline
Junior Member
 
Dec 2017
-
-
1
Default

I have another request for a DVD that just arrived. :-D

Title: Rifftrax Shorts Presents Bridget and Mary Jo: Short and Sweet
Link: rifftrax.com/short-and-sweet
EAN: 844503003348

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:25 AM   #303
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA
5
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.am.stack View Post
Thank you for adding all of those movies! I appreciate it!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.am.stack View Post
Does it matter that it is a different EAN? Is there a way to add multiple EAN's for the same movie?
Could you be looking at the UPC? The EAN that is entered for that set looks to be the same as the one you posted:

[Show spoiler]


The Amazon ASIN is also the same as the one on the Amazon page you linked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.am.stack View Post
I have another request for a DVD that just arrived. :-D

Title: Rifftrax Shorts Presents Bridget and Mary Jo: Short and Sweet
Link: rifftrax.com/short-and-sweet
EAN: 844503003348

Thanks!
That EAN is too short. Could that be the UPC?

It looks like there is a listing for the DVD already in the database:
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Rifftrax...hl-DVD/137346/

I just need to add some info and update it a bit.
The night is alive. You can feel the heartbeat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #304
i.am.stack i.am.stack is offline
Junior Member
 
Dec 2017
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
You're welcome.

Could you be looking at the UPC? The EAN that is entered for that set looks to be the same as the one you posted:

The Amazon ASIN is also the same as the one on the Amazon page you linked to.
Usually when I search for EAN's, it lists the movie. When I search for 5051892066037 it doesn't find anything at all. When I look at this Harry Potter box set in my Android app, it shows the EAN to be 00883929182886.

"Sorry, your search for 5051892066037 didn't return any results. Try searching for another term or try to simplify the search."

I guess, I am just confused as to where that EAN comes from and why the one I have doesn't return results when I search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
That EAN is too short. Could that be the UPC?

It looks like there is a listing for the DVD already in the database:
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Rifftrax...hl-DVD/137346/

I just need to add some info and update it a bit.
Thanks. Whatever you did, it now shows up when I search for it. Originally I tried by both the full name and then I just looked for it by searching for "rifftrax". Both searches work now.

Yup, it is just 12 digits underneath the barcode: 844503003348
The ISBN is 978-1-60673-334-9
I don't see anything else that it could be.

Thanks again! Happy New Year!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:58 AM   #305
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA
5
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.am.stack View Post
Usually when I search for EAN's, it lists the movie. When I search for 5051892066037 it doesn't find anything at all. When I look at this Harry Potter box set in my Android app, it shows the EAN to be 00883929182886.

"Sorry, your search for 5051892066037 didn't return any results. Try searching for another term or try to simplify the search."

I guess, I am just confused as to where that EAN comes from and why the one I have doesn't return results when I search.
My guess is that you have a setting set to US only. So, you're only searching through the US releases.

[Show spoiler]


Try switching it to the UK or all countries.

[Show spoiler]


5051892066037 is the UK set:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry...Blu-ray/27176/

0883929182886 is the US set:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry...Blu-ray/30040/

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.am.stack View Post
Thanks. Whatever you did, it now shows up when I search for it. Originally I tried by both the full name and then I just looked for it by searching for "rifftrax". Both searches work now.

Yup, it is just 12 digits underneath the barcode: 844503003348
The ISBN is 978-1-60673-334-9
I don't see anything else that it could be.

Thanks again! Happy New Year!
Ok, excellent. 844503003348 is the UPC then. Will submit that now.

Happy New Year!
The night is alive. You can feel the heartbeat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #306
Raymon89 Raymon89 is offline
Member
 
Raymon89's Avatar
 
Feb 2018
The Netherlands
72
2
6
4
Default

So, is it known by now how long you have to be registered before you can add titles to the database? I can't wait
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:48 PM   #307
reputation reputation is offline
Active Member
 
reputation's Avatar
 
Dec 2017
-
-
-
-
23
Default

Does anyone know how to add a movie to the database in the first place? I went to add the DVD for a movie to the database only to find that the movie doesn't exist in the database yet, so I can't add any releases for it without the movie being added. Any tips?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:20 AM   #308
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA
5
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reputation View Post
Does anyone know how to add a movie to the database in the first place? I went to add the DVD for a movie to the database only to find that the movie doesn't exist in the database yet, so I can't add any releases for it without the movie being added. Any tips?
Sounds like you need to create a new theatrical entry. You just need to use this form:
https://www.blu-ray.com/products/?c=...ion=addproduct

To get to that form at any time, go to any existing theatrical entry and click the "Add new movie" link. Just be sure the form says "Add Movie" at the top.
The night is alive. You can feel the heartbeat.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
reputation (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 02:18 AM   #309
Strapped4Cash Strapped4Cash is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA
703
2758
1
141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymon89 View Post
So, is it known by now how long you have to be registered before you can add titles to the database? I can't wait
It seems like the requirement is 30 days from the day you registered.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #310
reputation reputation is offline
Active Member
 
reputation's Avatar
 
Dec 2017
-
-
-
-
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Sounds like you need to create a new theatrical entry. You just need to use this form:
https://www.blu-ray.com/products/?c=...ion=addproduct

To get to that form at any time, go to any existing theatrical entry and click the "Add new movie" link. Just be sure the form says "Add Movie" at the top.
Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed. I really appreciate your help and your tips, it has made this a lot easier to get used to! Thank you again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #311
Raymon89 Raymon89 is offline
Member
 
Raymon89's Avatar
 
Feb 2018
The Netherlands
72
2
6
4
Default

Could someone add the UK UltraViolet code for Westworld: Season 1?
I'd like to list it as for sale.
Is there any info you need?
Much appreciated!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #312
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA
5
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reputation View Post
Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed. I really appreciate your help and your tips, it has made this a lot easier to get used to! Thank you again.
You're very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymon89 View Post
Could someone add the UK UltraViolet code for Westworld: Season 1?
I'd like to list it as for sale.
Is there any info you need?
Much appreciated!
I've created a basic UV entry for Westworld: Season 1:
https://www.blu-ray.com/uv/Westworld...aViolet/24361/

If you know the runtime and audio/video specs, I can add them. As well as upload cover art.
The night is alive. You can feel the heartbeat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #313
Raymon89 Raymon89 is offline
Member
 
Raymon89's Avatar
 
Feb 2018
The Netherlands
72
2
6
4
Default

Thank you very much!
Unfortunately I cannot find the specs or proper cover art..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #314
swac swac is offline
Junior Member
 
swac's Avatar
 
Feb 2018
Land of Evangeline
1056
Default

I'm in a similar boat, I have a Canadian blu-ray of Excalibur, and it's not in the database, amazingly. I'm currently using the Blu-Ray.com app to catalogue my collection, so I'll put the U.S. version in as a placeholder, but I'd really like to have the proper version in my personal database (the disc itself is probably exactly the same, but the cover art has French and English text on the back, and Canadian movie ratings symbols).

So far, I'm not able to add titles to the database (I've been using the site for a while, but haven't posted much in the forum), and the links on the overview page to add a different country's version of a title don't appear for me yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #315
swac swac is offline
Junior Member
 
swac's Avatar
 
Feb 2018
Land of Evangeline
1056
Default

I should add, I only have 7 forum posts (OK, now I have 8), and earlier in this thread it says something about having at least 10. So I'm close...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #316
reewinder reewinder is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
reewinder's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
Washington state
351
1
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac View Post
I'm in a similar boat, I have a Canadian blu-ray of Excalibur, and it's not in the database, amazingly. I'm currently using the Blu-Ray.com app to catalogue my collection, so I'll put the U.S. version in as a placeholder, but I'd really like to have the proper version in my personal database (the disc itself is probably exactly the same, but the cover art has French and English text on the back, and Canadian movie ratings symbols).

So far, I'm not able to add titles to the database (I've been using the site for a while, but haven't posted much in the forum), and the links on the overview page to add a different country's version of a title don't appear for me yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac View Post
I should add, I only have 7 forum posts (OK, now I have 8), and earlier in this thread it says something about having at least 10. So I'm close...
I just tried submitting it for you. I also think it's 10 posts plus 30 days before you can edit/submit items to the database but I could be wrong. Definitely 10 posts though for sure.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
swac (03-09-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 10:50 AM   #317
Raymon89 Raymon89 is offline
Member
 
Raymon89's Avatar
 
Feb 2018
The Netherlands
72
2
6
4
Default

The time to wait appears to be < 30 days, as I registered on the 8th of February, 25 days ago, and am now able to add a title to the database
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Strapped4Cash (03-10-2018), swac (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #318
swac swac is offline
Junior Member
 
swac's Avatar
 
Feb 2018
Land of Evangeline
1056
Canada

This is my 10th post! Go me!

Also, I finished cataloguing my blu-rays with the Blu-ray.com app, so now I have to try and remember which Canadian titles I have to go back and re-enter. Should be easy, since they usually (and annoyingly) have both French and English text on the spine. Too bad double-sided cover slips didn't become a norm here.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (03-09-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #319
Strapped4Cash Strapped4Cash is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA
703
2758
1
141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymon89 View Post
The time to wait appears to be < 30 days, as I registered on the 8th of February, 25 days ago, and am now able to add a title to the database
Interesting info Raymon89, thanks for posting!

I've seen the 30 days in other instances, which might mean it's changed, though I'm also wondering if it has to do with the shorter month of February?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:05 AM   #320
stephanieau96 stephanieau96 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2018
Australia
Default

It could be
There's definitely a post requirement though, considering I can't even see the editing options
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 PM.