Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
4 hrs ago
The Suicide Squad 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
3 hrs ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
2 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
12 hrs ago
The Bourne Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$16.99
2 hrs ago
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Halloween Kills 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Zack Snyder's Justice League (Blu-ray)
$7.99
44 min ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Dragons Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-24-2021, 04:34 PM   #221

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Are you seeing these same video marks on other discs, or is just in 2001: A Space Odyssey because, it could be in the movie and there's nothing wrong with your TV. I've watched 2001 a few months ago, and I can't remember anything about the movie in general. I would go back and check those scenes, but I already sold it on ebay.
The only other 4k disc I have is Arrival. I don't see these distortions on that one. There are the ever-present crushed blacks and blown highlights, but none of this "solarization".
Old 08-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #222

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Okay, I must be losing my mind, but -- despite never touching my picture settings, as I was very pleased with the way I had them -- a few days ago, all of my movies (either on Blu or 4K) started getting this HORRIBLE, juddery pixelization every time there's a fast camera pan or movement. I have the following set:

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-4K-Smart-...s%2C208&sr=8-3

I've been messing with the picture settings for the last two days (turning "smooth motion" on and off, "natural cinema", LED motion clarity), and movies STILL look like garbage every time the camera moves even slightly. I even switched from my 4K player (which has been my default player since last summer) to my PS3 to see if it was a player-related issue, and the same problems keep popping up. I used the A/B loop feature on the PS3 to single out a specific fact-pan scene, and kept fiddling with the settings to see if I could get it looking okay, but no dice. Any suggestions? The picture settings menu has the following options:

-Picture Mode

-Local/Dynamic Control

-Color Temperature

-Action Smoothing

-Natural Cinema

-LED Motion Clarity

-Game Mode.

Need help.
I have the Series 5 and there is distortion around moving objects with a pattern or complex imagery in the background. It's like a moving halo of weirdness. But I only see it when the "smooth motion" is selected.
Old 08-28-2021, 09:38 PM   #223

May 2021

I have the TCL 65R625 and must say, I'm pretty underwhelmed. The picture quality is nice. I use it with my Xbox one Series X almost exclusively.

My issues are as such: does not remember the picture mode its on. For my eyes, the Movie mode is the best under Picture. I have to select it everytime. Does not remember the last connection used, so instead of loading up the xbox screen, I have to manually click on it

And now, the game mode leaves all games oversaturated and washed out. I can turn it off, but then framerate suffers.

Done all the usual resets options. This is what I get for going cheap.
Old 10-07-2021, 02:55 AM   #224
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Calgary
Send a message via Yahoo to chaingunsofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt71 View Post
My issues are as such: does not remember the picture mode its on.
I have the Series 5 55-inch and 65-inch.

The way they do settings as I understand it, is that every new connection gets its own setting. Get used to hitting that * button.

I used the information from RT ings site and set that for my 4K BD HDR player setting after getting the TVs. First time I used Disney+, I needed to do the setting for that there as well. So every HDMI input (and app) I have fixed the settings with * button, including game consoles.

This is super annoying, but once it is set, I haven't had it lose anything in the months of use this year.

Now, one thing that did catch me is, for something like the 4K BD player, even after I have set the HDR setting, the first time I put a normal BD in... that is a different setting, and thus that was set to Default. After fixing those, the BDs look just as good as they can compared to the 4K discs.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:33 AM   #225

Aug 2016

Anyone here have the TCL 43-inch 43S435 model? What are your thoughts? Just want to play video games and watch Blu-rays on it.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:32 PM   #226
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinCB128 View Post
Anyone here have the TCL 43-inch 43S435 model? What are your thoughts? Just want to play video games and watch Blu-rays on it.

Thanks.
It's received some good reviews, and if you're specifically just going to play games and watch blu-rays, that will be a good choice, and it's not too expensive. I would highly recommend to buy an 3 year+ extended warranty. If something goes wrong with it 2+ years from now you'll be covered, and if the cost of the repairs exceeds the value of the TV, then if will be replaced with a brand new one from the retailer.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #227
Banned

Nov 2021
USA
Send a message via ICQ to rwolffaubs Send a message via AIM to rwolffaubs Send a message via Yahoo to rwolffaubs Send a message via Skype™ to rwolffaubs

forum.blu-ray.com https://maps.google.fi/url?q=https:/...ctcleaning.com
Old 11-20-2021, 05:46 PM   #228
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwolffaubs View Post
Huh?
Old 11-20-2021, 10:35 PM   #229
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
Huh?
Disregard his posts because he's a spammer. I've already reported him to the administrator to be banned.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:32 PM   #230

May 2007

If your looking for a good TV I recommend you look at https://www.rtings.com/ because they rate at look at TV brands. That's what I did when I had to buy my new Sony Bravia TV.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:06 AM   #231

Apr 2017

I bought a 43-inch 4-Series this afternoon and am VERY unhappy with the brightness levels. Watching the 4k version of "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood..." and the scene in Brad Pitt's trailer was very dim, especially in comparison to the 1080p version that I had running on my old Vizio D-Series next to it.

The scene in the 4k version of "Return of the Jedi" where Luke and Han talk to each other on the sand sciff ("I was born here, you know") was also very dim.

Stay away from TCL!!!
Old 01-27-2022, 03:23 AM   #232
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDawg78 View Post
I bought a 43-inch 4-Series this afternoon and am VERY unhappy with the brightness levels. Watching the 4k version of "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood..." and the scene in Brad Pitt's trailer was very dim, especially in comparison to the 1080p version that I had running on my old Vizio D-Series next to it.

The scene in the 4k version of "Return of the Jedi" where Luke and Han talk to each other on the sand sciff ("I was born here, you know") was also very dim.

Stay away from TCL!!!
That’s not tcl’s fault you bought the worst series for hdr. you need to get the latest 5 series or the 6 series which is pretty close to the best series they make. In other words to get a good or great etc. hdr tv you have to do your research on these types displays. rtings is one of the best sites to help you when it comes to this.

Last edited by batman2000; 01-27-2022 at 04:06 AM.
Thanks given by:
WJWS Channel 13:Amity (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 03:42 AM   #233
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
AMITY ISLAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDawg78 View Post

Stay away from TCL!!!
agree to disagree, ive been very happy with my tcl 4k tv's(65 inch and a 85 inch ) i own.
have you checked your connections or your settings or done a firmware update, before you rushed here to complain?
Old 03-07-2022, 09:22 PM   #234
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016
Los Angeles

I have a TCL 6-Series. When I watch HDR content itís very dark. Any idea how to fix it?
Old 03-08-2022, 12:39 PM   #235

Jan 2019
California
Default HDR settings

"I have a TCL 6-Series. When I watch HDR content itís very dark. Any idea how to fix it?"

I would recommend Googling "best HDR settings for...". I did that with my 55R617 and am very happy with the results. At least this would give you a starting point and you could tweak the settings to your own taste from there.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:13 PM   #236
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicolorNut View Post
"I have a TCL 6-Series. When I watch HDR content it’s very dark. Any idea how to fix it?"

I would recommend Googling "best HDR settings for...". I did that with my 55R617 and am very happy with the results. At least this would give you a starting point and you could tweak the settings to your own taste from there.
Whenever you want to quote another posts, click the "Quote" button then write your comment beneath it.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:27 PM   #237
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh64 View Post
I have a TCL 6-Series. When I watch HDR content itís very dark. Any idea how to fix it?
there are several flavors of HDR as well as DV, you have to select which you want to use. you are probably using HDR Dark, you can change it to Regular, Bright, etc. in the picture settings. you can only change it when you are actively streaming HDR or DV.
Thanks given by:
mikek3022 (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 03:44 PM   #238
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

Does anyone know where to find a setting on the TCL to stop telling me to "Find this movie on other providers" pop-up when I play a movie on disc, if there is one? It's just annoying and it stays too long.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:26 PM   #239
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTheaterPotato View Post
Does anyone know where to find a setting on the TCL to stop telling me to "Find this movie on other providers" pop-up when I play a movie on disc, if there is one? It's just annoying and it stays too long.
If it's one of TVs that has the Roku build in, you may not be able to. Try the notifications setting, and see if it can be turned off.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:12 PM   #240
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
there are several flavors of HDR as well as DV, you have to select which you want to use. you are probably using HDR Dark, you can change it to Regular, Bright, etc. in the picture settings. you can only change it when you are actively streaming HDR or DV.
Itís set to dark. When I change it to bright it actually gets darker than the dark setting for some reason.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs