Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Outriders (Xbox XS)
$14.47

Judgment (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Xbox XS)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$7.49

Scarlet Nexus (Xbox XS)
$21.83

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$14.46

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$19.88
1 day ago
Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$38.39
1 day ago
Greedfall (Xbox XS)
$18.73

Halo Infinite (Xbox XS)
$43.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 01-22-2022, 01:57 AM   #121
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Send a message via AIM to QuasidodoJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
A valid concern.

Disney + started at $7.99 for me.

A few months later $8.99
A few months later $11.99
A few months later ....
Disney Plus is still $7.99 for me.

My Netflix is $18 a month, and is set to raise to $20. And I never see anyone complain about their prices. Not sure why people complain about the Game Pass price.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:44 AM   #122
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

Game Pass is a solid deal though. At $14.99 it gives you a "Netflix" like subscription service to games basically for like $5, cause Xbox Live Gold is $9.99 if you just use that, and Game Pass includes Live Gold on top of that.
Thanks given by:
jimmy86 (01-22-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 06:19 PM   #123
Expert Member

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
You mean games actually worth playing and a console that outsells the Xbox 3 to 1. RIP indeed
I don't even care who outsells what, but The Xbox series X, and PS5 sell out instantly, every time so this isn't a matter of one doing better than the other this is a matter of who can make more systems fast enough to fill the demand.

The company that makes the most systems wins. When the dust clears (maybe next year?) , is when it starts to matter.
Thanks given by:
NoFro (01-23-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 09:47 PM   #124

Dec 2020

losing call of duty would hurt but sony has been killing it for 1st party titles. just waiting for both of these console's to be available at stores.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:18 AM   #125
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasidodoJr View Post
Disney Plus is still $7.99 for me.

My Netflix is $18 a month, and is set to raise to $20. And I never see anyone complain about their prices. Not sure why people complain about the Game Pass price.
In the US yeah.

Once all ďexisting agreementsĒ are done with PlayStation, MS will cut ties to Sony. Also since this is a long-term deal, I have little doubt MS will raise the price of Gamepass. Not a crazy amount more. A few bucks.
Old 01-23-2022, 03:35 PM   #126
Special Member

Dec 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmfan73 View Post
I don't even care who outsells what, but The Xbox series X, and PS5 sell out instantly, every time so this isn't a matter of one doing better than the other this is a matter of who can make more systems fast enough to fill the demand.

The company that makes the most systems wins. When the dust clears (maybe next year?) , is when it starts to matter.
And I think that's merely the conversation around console wars. If we zoom out another notch to "Microsoft gaming" vs "Sony gaming", Microsoft long ago began thinking much bigger. Given their role in PC, cloud gaming, etc, not to mention their financial resources, they're positioned quite well.

Sony may need to think about gaming more like Nintendo, with an emphasis on franchises they own. Nintendo has shown that can be a successful plan too. Farther ahead when streaming games becomes more common, both will need post-console plans (for which I am sure they've discussed internally).
Old 01-24-2022, 11:56 AM   #127

Dec 2009

Gamepass is just a bonus to me. I still buy games I like be it the disc or digital copy. Ideally I buy the ones I really like on disc that way if my internet goes down I can still play.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:53 PM   #128
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Gamepass is just a bonus to me. I still buy games I like be it the disc or digital copy. Ideally I buy the ones I really like on disc that way if my internet goes down I can still play.
You can play offline?
Old 01-24-2022, 03:52 PM   #129

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
You can play offline?
Yes most of my disc are games that I don't necessary play online. Obviously can't play stuff like Sea of Thieves or my Minecraft realm but I can play Peppa the Pig lol.

Last edited by neoz; 01-24-2022 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:46 AM   #130
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Yes most of my disc are games that I don't necessary play online. Obviously can't play stuff like Sea of Thieves or my Minecraft realm but I can play Peppa the Pig lol.
Alright.

I seen people try to play games on Series X without internet. Single player games. They get an error code when they try.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:09 AM   #131
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH

It works. Iíve played my Series X a few times with my Internet down. I could only play games I had the disc for, though. Would not let me play digital games, at all.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:48 AM   #132
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
It works. Iíve played my Series X a few times with my Internet down. I could only play games I had the disc for, though. Would not let me play digital games, at all.
Are those digital games titles that would necessarily need the internet connection to function (ie. MMOs), or no?
Old 01-27-2022, 06:04 PM   #133

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

Iím not happy about MS buying Activision, and I really think consolidation is bad for the gaming industry. However, if it finally gets rid of Bobby Kotick than good. Heís been treating the workers and the IPs of Activision like pure garbage. Hopefully it leads to positive change within the work culture of Activision/Blizzard.
Thanks given by:
Gamma_Winstead (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #134
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Are those digital games titles that would necessarily need the internet connection to function (ie. MMOs), or no?
No. itís because digital titles are attached to your Microsoft account. So, if your account is not logged in, the software canít verify that you own the proper license to play it and therefore will not start.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:09 PM   #135
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
No. itís because digital titles are attached to your Microsoft account. So, if your account is not logged in, the software canít verify that you own the proper license to play it and therefore will not start.
Oh man I had no idea. Well, since discs work it's not as bad as the whole 2013 DRM plans that were called off, but yea that seems like a lighter version of it.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:13 AM   #136
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Oh man I had no idea. Well, since discs work it's not as bad as the whole 2013 DRM plans that were called off, but yea that seems like a lighter version of it.
I remember having the disc of Forza 5 in my Xbox One when my internet decided to go down. Was greeted with an error. Then was greeted with you canít play this offline, please sign in!

That was 2013.

Today, Iíve seen people try & fail to get some disc based Xbox SX games to work without any internet. Donít think people complain or care about it as much as 2013.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:35 PM   #137
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Reading an article over at Ars about the "metaverse" and MS's acquisition of Activision. Is metaverse just a new name for games as a service? I honestly can't keep up with this shit.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/...next-internet/
Old 02-06-2022, 01:43 AM   #138
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Reading an article over at Ars about the "metaverse" and MS's acquisition of Activision. Is metaverse just a new name for games as a service? I honestly can't keep up with this shit.

Itís an extension of the internet that is being sold to people with no real $ value attached. In other words, people are dumb.
Thanks given by:
Gamma_Winstead (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 07:45 PM   #139
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post

It's a focus on NFT BS, at least so far.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:42 PM   #140
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/...to-the-future/

Quote:
Microsoft now says that it has "committed to Sony" that "Call of Duty and other popular Activision titles" will be "available on PlayStation beyond the existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love." The Xbox maker also says it is "interested in taking similar steps to support Nintendoís successful platform" following its planned $68.7 billion purchase of the megapublisher.
Quote:
It's also important to remember that Microsoft is making these statements as regulators around the world examine the antitrust implications of Microsoft's massive purchase, which won't be finalized for months. Previously, Microsoft and Bethesda hinted at nonexclusive Bethesda titles before that purchase was finalized last March, only to confirm Xbox console exclusivity for the studio's major games shortly afterward.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X