Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Treasure of the Four Crowns 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Flesh for Frankenstein 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$37.73

Godzilla vs. Kong 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.00
13 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Dune 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.30

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.33
1 day ago
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Tangled 3D (Blu-ray)
$41.38

The Maze 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.29

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.27

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 01-27-2022, 03:16 PM   #381
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I wish they offered a virtual cinema movie theater that could play 3D blu rays in the PSVR2 and PSVR1, but it's only often available through online streaming only, which stinks IMO compared to the quality of a blu ray.
The equivalent on the Oculus platform is called Bigscreen and the quality is watchable but definitely not Blu-ray quality. Which is why I watch my stuff locally.

Quote:
Bumblebee 3D, I heard it's better than the Transformers movies.
I'm not an OG Transformers fan so I'm not bothered by any liberties taken by Bay. I really liked the first Transformers movie and find the rest entertaining enough in HDR with Atmos. Even if I didn't like them that much, the 3D really does add another dimension to the other movies in terms of popcorn flick entertainment.

Quote:
It sounds like the 3D is on par with the Transformers 3D films?
That's a pretty high bar. The 3D for Transformers movies is equivalent to the upper tiers of MCU 3D movies. Bumblebee is one movie I have not been able to find. I might see if I have access to it in Bigscreen.

Last edited by cdx47; 01-27-2022 at 03:42 PM.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 03:32 PM   #382
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdx47 View Post
[Show spoiler]The equivalent on the Oculus platform is called Bigscreen and the quality is watchable but definitely not Blu-ray quality. Which is why I watch my stuff locally.

I'm not an OG Transformers fan so I'm not bothered by any liberties taken by Bay. I really liked the first Transformers movie and find the rest entertaining enough in HDR with Atmos. Even if I didn't like them that much, the 3D really does add another dimension to the other movies in terms of popcorn flick entertainment.

That's a pretty high bar. The 3D for Transformers movies is equivalent to the upper tiers of MCU 3D movies. Bumblebee is one movie I have not been able to find. I might see if I have access to it in Bigscreen.
Thanks. When there is action, the 3D definitely amped up for the 3D Transformers films I saw in theaters, although for the rest of the film, it dipped down to just decent, medium layers. But yes, I can see your comparison to Marvel quality 3D films in general.

Hopefully for those who saw this in 3D, the 3D was on par with a Marvel film's 3D. I'll have to look back in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
I finally watched the 3D, was not impressed with this movie at all. Now I agree with the decision of more showings of aquaman 3D instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensional View Post
3D is fine. Deep compositions, incidental out of screen elements, strong in Cybertronian sequences. Better than Spiderverse 3D, but not on the level of something like Fantastic Beasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
I wouldnt say mediocre, average at best. The trailer for Avengers: End Game had much better 3D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
I thought this movie was fantastic. Second-favorite film of the year (out of 39 I've seen). 3D was also, IMO, very good. Plenty of pop-outs, solid depth, few conversion errors. If Paramount doesn't release a 3D Blu-ray then they can go suck a you know what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootini View Post
Just got back from a 3D showing of Bumblebee and I have to disagree with those saying the 3D was minimal. Yes, the scenes on Cybertron that are all CGI had the best depth, but I thought the whole movie was a pretty solid conversion. And much like with Ant-Man, the 3D was used to nice effect when showing the size difference like when huge Bumblebee was poking at a tiny soda can. There were plenty of pop-outs with debris and sparks flying into the camera during action scenes, as well as gun/cannon barrels. A few shots could've been cropped a little wider for better 3D effect, but still, a worthy effort. And the movie was also entertaining enough in its own right. (Sure, it's a total rip-off of The Iron Giant, but hey - if you're gonna steal, steal from the best, right?)

(Oh, and this is a positive review of the 3D even though the particular screening I saw had a projection error that made the very top sliver of the screen fade to black. Thankfully the sliver wasn't so large as to be distracting. It was just a softer edge than the sides and bottom)

I would definitely buy this if Paramount put out a 3D Blu-ray, but I'm not optimistic. It doesn't seem like anyone is really releasing 3D Blus anymore. Which is why I'm glad that I have AMC A-List now because it means I can see movies in 3D as part of my subscription and enjoy them on the big screen since I'll never get to see them over and over again in 3D at home anymore.

Thanks for the 3D reviews of Bumblebee. So it sounds pretty decent to very good then, maybe medium 3D layers or better.
Thanks given by:
yukon30305 (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 03:49 PM   #383
Power Member

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Thanks. When there is action, the 3D definitely amped up for the 3D Transformers films I saw in theaters, although for the rest of the film, it dipped down to just decent, medium layers. But yes, I can see your comparison to Marvel quality 3D films in general.

Hopefully for those who saw this in 3D, the 3D was on par with a Marvel film's 3D. I'll have to look back in this thread.
Thanks for the 3D reviews of Bumblebee. So it sounds pretty decent to very good then, maybe medium 3D layers or better.
People complained with its 3D being almost flat. I tend to ignore some of these observations since most cinemas since early times have been subpar with movies on blu-ray 3D and there are others that just like to beat on the Transformers franchise because they were made by Michael Bay and made huge amounts of money even with bad reviews.
Thanks given by:
RitwikKN2002 (01-28-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 06:06 PM   #384
Expert Member

Sep 2021

It's not available in the UK. I can see it in Spain and attempt to order it but it won't let me verify my email address to complete the purchase.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:50 PM   #385
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlardonio View Post
People complained with its 3D being almost flat. I tend to ignore some of these observations since most cinemas since early times have been subpar with movies on blu-ray 3D and there are others that just like to beat on the Transformers franchise because they were made by Michael Bay and made huge amounts of money even with bad reviews.
I hear what you're saying Jlardonio. While there are scenes that could've pushed the 3D further, there are also some impressive stereo 3D layers of strong 3D in The Last Knight Transformers, that are nice to see for sure.

Have you been able to see Bumblebee's 3D in theaters? I didn't see it in 3D but if a blu ray 3D disc eventually appears in the future, I will consider it.

I'm not a big fan of what Michael Bay has done with the Transformers compared to the animated Generation 1 series of the 80s, but to be able to separate that from reviewing the 3D is important, I agree.
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (01-27-2022), RitwikKN2002 (01-28-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 09:10 PM   #386
Power Member

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
I hear what you're saying Jlardonio. While there are scenes that could've pushed the 3D further, there are also some impressive stereo 3D layers of strong 3D in The Last Knight Transformers, that are nice to see for sure.

Have you been able to see Bumblebee's 3D in theaters? I didn't see it in 3D but if a blu ray 3D disc eventually appears in the future, I will consider it.

I'm not a big fan of what Michael Bay has done with the Transformers compared to the animated Generation 1 series of the 80s, but to be able to separate that from reviewing the 3D is important, I agree.
I didn't watched Bumblebee in 3D because back then i thought that Paramount was going to release it in 3D and then a few days or a month later they said no more blu-ray 3D from them.
I got heart broken since i'm a big fan and have all the movies from the live franchise. Since then i have tried to go to the cinemas to watch these movies in 3D because there could be a lack of supply of these movies in 3D on physical format. A hard lesson to remember.
Thanks given by:
Just_Discovered_3D (01-27-2022), RitwikKN2002 (01-28-2022), Zivouhr (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 10:49 PM   #387
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I didn't watched Bumblebee in 3D because back then i thought that Paramount was going to release it in 3D and then a few days or a month later they said no more blu-ray 3D from them.
I got heart broken since i'm a big fan and have all the movies from the live franchise. Since then i have tried to go to the cinemas to watch these movies in 3D because there could be a lack of supply of these movies in 3D on physical format. A hard lesson to remember.
Good point that it's good to experience them at least one time if possible in 3D theaters, and to show support for the 3D format in theaters and at home too, even though many studios/distributors don't appreciate 3D fans very much these days with a few exceptions.

The action scenes and transformations are cool, especially in 3D.
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (01-27-2022), RitwikKN2002 (01-28-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 11:01 PM   #388
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Ok I finally got access to watch Bumblebee in 3D. I don't know why some say the 3D is weak because that's not what I am looking at right now. The 3D is most effective whenever there are Transformers on screen, but the best scenes are in Cybertron which look incredible.

I haven't bought the 4K disc but I would definitely buy this.
Thanks given by:
RitwikKN2002 (01-28-2022), Zivouhr (01-28-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 11:03 PM   #389
Power Member

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Good point that it's good to experience them at least one time if possible in 3D theaters, and to show support for the 3D format in theaters and at home too, even though many studios/distributors don't appreciate 3D fans very much these days with a few exceptions.

The action scenes and transformations are cool, especially in 3D.
It becomes a whole new movie. The immersion becomes real... as in 2D you are just an spectator.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-27-2022, 11:28 PM   #390
Special Member

Apr 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialobite View Post
The 3D in the movie is solid, to my eyes it looked like a good conversion, on par with other 2017/2018 films, but the quality of the stream isn't great so it was a little harder to judge overall, some of the details get lost. I've got a 500mpbs fiber connection and my PC is plugged in through ethernet, but Bigscreen still pushes the video through at a fairly low bitrate. It's watchable, but much closer to DVD quality than Bluray.
I wonder if the quality also relates to your VR headset or if that is just the maximum quality BigScreen can possibly offer. I'd love to try and make a normal 3D version of this using the VR stream, but if the quality is close to DVD there might not be much point.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:52 AM   #391
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdx47 View Post
Ok I finally got access to watch Bumblebee in 3D. I don't know why some say the 3D is weak because that's not what I am looking at right now. The 3D is most effective whenever there are Transformers on screen, but the best scenes are in Cybertron which look incredible.

I haven't bought the 4K disc but I would definitely buy this.
Cool, thanks for the feedback on the 3D.

Quote:
It becomes a whole new movie. The immersion becomes real... as in 2D you are just an spectator.
I agree that the stronger the 3D is, the more immersive a film can look. Stereo 3D can be an amazing visual improvement over 2D when they push it enough to be effective.

Maybe in the future they will finally put Bumblebee on blu ray 3D.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-28-2022, 04:56 AM   #392

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
I wonder if the quality also relates to your VR headset or if that is just the maximum quality BigScreen can possibly offer. I'd love to try and make a normal 3D version of this using the VR stream, but if the quality is close to DVD there might not be much point.
I actually did give it a try on both an Oculus Quest 2 through the Oculus store version of the Bigscreen app, and on a Vive Pro 2 with the Steam version. Unfortunately the streaming quality was identical for both, as well as viewing it on my monitor through the built-in mirror of the VR view. The only way to record the stream would be to record the mirror of the VR view, but this would degrade the quality even farther and you'd have to deal with distortion as well.
Old 01-28-2022, 05:52 AM   #393
Expert Member

Sep 2021

The latest update of Big screen claims it has improved streaming quality and to be fair, Bumblebee did look nice. The difference is that before before it was just about watchable. Now I would be ok watching this. I don't know if this spikes to other films but there does seem to be an improvement.
Thanks given by:
Old 01-28-2022, 06:53 AM   #394
Special Member

Apr 2018

Quote:
I actually did give it a try on both an Oculus Quest 2 through the Oculus store version of the Bigscreen app, and on a Vive Pro 2 with the Steam version. Unfortunately the streaming quality was identical for both, as well as viewing it on my monitor through the built-in mirror of the VR view. The only way to record the stream would be to record the mirror of the VR view, but this would degrade the quality even farther and you'd have to deal with distortion as well.
Quality degradation through screen record is not too much of a concern at Blu-ray bitrates where the bitrate is healthy enough to basically present the stream as it was originally perceived. There could be some minor loss there, but only incredibly minor. The end goal of all of this would be to make an ISO, potentially with some AI upscaling, as has been the goal with past 3D ‘underground’ releases lol.

The bigger thing would be the distortion you mention, but in my head the logic is if you can either set your headset to a completely neutral positioning through software or just laying it as flat as possible, you’ll have two consistent 3D views that you could fix back to something like the original with editing software. This is all speculative of course and you should probably PM me about it if you want to discuss it further.

What would be far better and easier for everyone involved would be if they offered us a 3D Blu-ray to spend our money on
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (01-28-2022), Just_Discovered_3D (01-28-2022), RitwikKN2002 (01-28-2022), the13thman (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 12:44 PM   #395

Nov 2018

Quote:
How did you manage to view this on your desktop? I would like to watch this on my Oled 3D TV. but I can only see bigscreen movies through Oculus rift headset, which is not the best quality. Is the Built in mirror view an external app? or maybe Im missing something? Please let me know.

Thank you,
Old 01-28-2022, 06:18 PM   #396
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

I gather this still isn't available on Blu-ray 3D. Been looking.

Last edited by Joe D.; 01-28-2022 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:26 PM   #397
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
I gather this isn't available on Blu-ray 3D. Been looking.
Correct. Only available in VR and maybe streaming too?. The 3D is very decent, especially for the action scenes so I'm going to try and watch the whole movie today.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:10 PM   #398
Special Member

Jul 2009

Grasping at straws but can it be watched on an iphone? If so I could then cast it to my TV.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:20 PM   #399
Special Member

Apr 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastatu View Post
How did you manage to view this on your desktop? I would like to watch this on my Oled 3D TV. but I can only see bigscreen movies through Oculus rift headset, which is not the best quality. Is the Built in mirror view an external app? or maybe Im missing something? Please let me know.

Thank you,
Sounds like the kind of avenue Iíve been interested in. You can stream/broadcast/record your VR experience through something like OBS while using it (I believe bigscreen even has built in recording). I was worried they might have some kind of protection on it during movie playback but it sounds like they donít. That doesnít mean itís an official or even unofficial way of playing back your VR movie straight onto a 3D tv though. It would take a little bit of computer work to turn that stream into a file you could use on a 3D TV. Still, if youíve legally rented it I say go for it!
Thanks given by:
Alain57 (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 11:17 PM   #400
Expert Member

Sep 2021

Finally sat down to watch this film. Great intro, boring 10-15 minutes then it starts to pick up again. The first Transformers film is still my favourite but watching this in 3D really made a difference to my enjoyment of the film.

The picture quality for Big screen really has improved. It's about the same quality as I used to watch 3D films with good daylight scenes but a sometimes a little bitrate starved for low light scenes.
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (01-29-2022), RitwikKN2002 (01-29-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies