Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
$19.99

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin (PS5)
$44.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
$39.99
1 day ago
Elden Ring (PS5)
$49.94

Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Contracts 2 (PS5)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (PS5)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Madden NFL 22 (PS5)
$24.99

WWE 2K22 (PS5)
$54.99

Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach (PS5)
$34.29

Monark (PS5)
$38.25

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS5)
$59.23

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction (PS5)
$19.55

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 01-25-2022, 04:31 AM   #641
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
How is this different from Xbox Series X? MS has had the "playable now" thing for years while it's installing/downloading.
A lot more games on the Series X require you to still download a decent to large portion of games even with the disc, while a good amount of games on the PS5 have almost all if not all of the game minus a day 1 patch on the disc. Makes it sometimes considerably faster to play a game on the PS5 than spending time downloading a large portion of it on the Series X, especially if your internet is average at best like mine.

You are right about that feature, but I've encountered games where you can boot the game up but you still can't play much of it. Regardless, I was only talking about how installing physical copies of games can sometimes be quite a bit faster on the PS5 (I own and still like my Series, by the way).
Old 01-25-2022, 12:45 PM   #642
Special Member

Jul 2017
The Redwoods

IGN posted their first impressions of HFW. There is also a 1 hour special episode of Podcast Beyond! where Dorno answers his co-workers questions about his time with HFW.

https://www.ign.com/articles/horizon...on-preview-ps5
Thanks given by:
Diesel (01-25-2022), Zivouhr (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 03:02 PM   #643
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Aloy's new NBG, Nanobyte Bubble Glider, will be a fun way to leap off the cliff for a scenic ride down to the ground. The Nanobytes connecting to each other to lock out all air while creating a parachute effect. I wonder if in real life, that would be strong enough of a design to let her glide like that without falling faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHobbs View Post
IGN posted their first impressions of HFW. There is also a 1 hour special episode of Podcast Beyond! where Dorno answers his co-workers questions about his time with HFW.

https://www.ign.com/articles/horizon...on-preview-ps5
Thanks ZHobbs.

So in Horizon 2, a lot more surfaces can be climbed, not just specific yellow grips. That's good.

A new grappling hook.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:07 PM   #644
Special Member

Jul 2017
The Redwoods

In the trailer, Aloy is wearing the rarest armor in HZD, Shield-Weaver. When she is upgrading it at the work bench the description says it lost it's power. Hopefully, there is a side quest that gives Aloy power cells to activate it again.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (01-25-2022), Schwartzy (01-27-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 04:44 AM   #645
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
In the trailer, Aloy is wearing the rarest armor in HZD, Shield-Weaver. When she is upgrading it at the work bench the description says it lost it's power. Hopefully, there is a side quest that gives Aloy power cells to activate it again.
Good observation.

It's been a couple years now; I forgot about that, but yes, the mission where she enters that underground base and finds the hidden suit behind those locked doors if I remember right. I remember needing tips to find out how to unlock one of the most powerful suits, having to travel to a bunch of locations to finally solve it. I have to play it again to see what it does again. I think it had something to do with her health meter or some kind of meter.

I wouldn't mind the stealth (hidden player) ninja suit from Fallout 3's Antarctica DLC.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:14 AM   #646
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Iíll start a new play though without that armour.

It didnít help much against enemies in the Frozen Wilds. But it was very useful for the main game.

It looks like Aloy will have some unique armour sets.

I didnít watch all of the IGN stuff cuz I donít wanna be spoiled. This game needs no further hype to sell.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:52 PM   #647
Special Member

Jul 2017
The Redwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Good observation.

It's been a couple years now; I forgot about that, but yes, the mission where she enters that underground base and finds the hidden suit behind those locked doors if I remember right. I remember needing tips to find out how to unlock one of the most powerful suits, having to travel to a bunch of locations to finally solve it. I have to play it again to see what it does again. I think it had something to do with her health meter or some kind of meter.

I wouldn't mind the stealth (hidden player) ninja suit from Fallout 3's Antarctica DLC.
It pretty much made her invincible.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 04:41 PM   #648
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
It pretty much made her invincible.
Thanks ZHobbs. Okay, I think I remember a color meter where she would get hit several times, and the shield would charge back up to full, but if I let it get too low, it would eventually damage Aloy. Yeah, it made a big difference for the
[Show spoiler]end missions where she had to defend the castle area with the cannon weapon as the enemies gathered in.

I still haven't played it on my PS5 yet, only PS4, but that's something I'll add to my things to do list before getting this sequel.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:56 PM   #649
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

The game has gone gold.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01...-ps4-gameplay/
Thanks given by:
Leonidas King (01-27-2022), Zivouhr (01-28-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 02:04 PM   #650
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Sparta, Laconia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Ha, was coming to say that. So exciting y'all. This is my most anticipated game of the year.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (01-27-2022), ZHobbs (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 09:40 PM   #651

Oct 2014

This delay really has pissed me off. Now I'm even more upset that this game and Elden Ring are basically coming out the same time.

I'm a one game(sorta) at a time person, and I really don't know which game I want first.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:58 PM   #652
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2015

I'm just skimming this thread at this point in case anything big is announced I need to know. Especially with a story trailer now, I am so scared of seeing a spoiler. I will play Elden Ring but this definitely comes first!
Old 01-28-2022, 03:08 PM   #653
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

aloyjustwokeup.jpg
Aloy, just waking up from a long sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
That's good to see, thanks Diesel. No delays any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpacman View Post
This delay really has pissed me off. Now I'm even more upset that this game and Elden Ring are basically coming out the same time.

I'm a one game(sorta) at a time person, and I really don't know which game I want first.
That happened to me with MGSV vs Mad Max, both released on the same day, September 1, 2015 I believe from memory. I weighed which game had the features I wanted to experience more of, and went with MGSV, which turned out to be the game I enjoyed a lot more in the end anyway, having later bought Mad Max PS4 a year or so later when it was 19.99. It was okay, but MGSV was great IMO.

But yeah, with Elden Ring vs Horizon 2, which game have I not experienced before would be my first question? Elden Ring.

Then, which game will be potentially more fun, less punishing? Horizon 2.

And finally, which game has a more exciting world to explore? That depends. Elden Ring is an oppressed, dark fantasy realm, while Horizon 2 looks bright and vibrant like the first game's jungle themed landscape, with deserts, forests and snow.

If I had to choose 1 to try first though, I might go with Horizon 2 as I am playing Bloodborne and it can be lots of trial and error which I don't have a ton of time to endure all the time. From Software being the creators of Elden Ring, which looks promising, but I hope they include an "easy" mode to save time and punishment with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
I'm just skimming this thread at this point in case anything big is announced I need to know. Especially with a story trailer now, I am so scared of seeing a spoiler. I will play Elden Ring but this definitely comes first!
In terms of a less punishing and more accessible open world game, Horizon 2 is probably the safer bet for me too.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 01-28-2022 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:07 PM   #654
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Attachment 271943
Aloy, just waking up from a long sleep.

That's good to see, thanks Diesel. No delays any more.

That happened to me with MGSV vs Mad Max, both released on the same day, September 1, 2015 I believe from memory. I weighed which game had the features I wanted to experience more of, and went with MGSV, which turned out to be the game I enjoyed a lot more in the end anyway, having later bought Mad Max PS4 a year or so later when it was 19.99. It was okay, but MGSV was great IMO.

But yeah, with Elden Ring vs Horizon 2, which game have I not experienced before would be my first question? Elden Ring.

And finally, which game has a more exciting world to explore? That depends. Elden Ring is an oppressed, dark fantasy realm, while Horizon 2 looks bright and vibrant like the first game's jungle themed landscape, with deserts, forests and snow.

If I had to choose 1 to try first though, I might go with Horizon 2 as I am playing Bloodborne and it can be lots of trial and error which I don't have a ton of time to endure all the time. From Software being the creators of Elden Ring, which looks promising, but I hope they include an "easy" mode to save time and punishment with.

In terms of a less punishing and more accessible open world game, Horizon 2 is probably the safer bet for me too.
I would love to pick up Elden Ring, but I just can't buy another FromSoftware game like Bloodborne where I can't get past the first level no matter how hard I try. Seems stupid to make a game that difficult and not provide a difficulty setting.
Thanks given by:
Gamma_Winstead (01-28-2022), Steelmaker (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 04:49 PM   #655
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
I would love to pick up Elden Ring, but I just can't buy another FromSoftware game like Bloodborne where I can't get past the first level no matter how hard I try. Seems stupid to make a game that difficult and not provide a difficulty setting.
Agreed. I'm done with From Software games until they change this. This is an easy choice for me. Horizon all the way.
Thanks given by:
Gamma_Winstead (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 05:08 PM   #656
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Agreed. I'm done with From Software games until they change this. This is an easy choice for me. Horizon all the way.
Honestly I'm the same way. I was really hyped for Elden Ring, but then the thought of beating my head against a brick wall in frustration got less and less appealing as the months went on. I love everything about FromSoft's games except actually playing the games. I still have a collectors edition pre-ordered, but I'm thinking of canceling it.

Speaking of Horizon though, I just bought the digital deluxe edition. It's gold. It's Horizon. It's meeting it's date. Time to pre-order.

Running through the first now. Forgot how great it is. I wish it had a full ps5 remaster, but at least it's 60fps now.
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 10:17 PM   #657
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I hear what you're saying. From Software's fame is mostly from making games brutally tough, so the player finds themselves often fighting the same boss many times until finally the pattern is cracked and the boss is defeated with only a sliver of life remaining in the player many times.

That reminds me of my 8 bit and 16 bit years, with many 8 bit games being the toughest I ever played in my life, yet as a kid with tons of free time, winning at the game was the main goal back then.

Commando, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Rush 'n Attack, Castlevania, Action Fighter, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Contra, Jackal, Phantasy Star, and many other games, many of which on consoles, only gave the player 3 continues. No endless quarters to keep playing like the arcade versions unfortunately.

But I agree, every game should have an easy mode just in case the game is tougher than nails on normal mode, like a From Software game.

With Horizon 1, I found that game very manageable yet challenging at the same time. A good balance of difficulty despite some minor frustrations with some flying enemies.

It's really about free time. Do I want to spend an hour of free time trying to defeat one unfair boss, or split it up doing other things?

Quote:
An easy mode would be welcome. Were you able to complete Demon's Soul PS5? I'm guessing they didn't offer a difficulty mode in that game, which is one reason I held off, concerned I might never finish it. The game looks cool though.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:29 PM   #658

Oct 2014

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Love both style games, the exploring, and building my characters.

I've Platinum Horizon dawn. Bloodborne. Sekiro. Dark souls(2 of them), only 50% completed Dead Souls...

Believe me, I know I'm gonna LOVE both games.

Hey ckenisell,

These type of games, you can't always take on what's infront of you, gotta go somewhere else build and come back to it.

I have a friend(and his son), told me they gave up because of the first wolf at the door. I asked "well did you try and just run pass him?"
Both looked confused and said "No"
Old 01-28-2022, 11:04 PM   #659
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
But I agree, every game should have an easy mode just in case the game is tougher than nails on normal mode, like a From Software game.
I don't even need an Easy mode. I like a good challenge. But Bloodborne is rediculously stupid. Then, people are insulting when you ask for help. "Git Gud" they always say.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:24 PM   #660
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
An easy mode would be welcome. Were you able to complete Demon's Soul PS5? I'm guessing they didn't offer a difficulty mode in that game, which is one reason I held off, concerned I might never finish it. The game looks cool though.
Nope, never did. And again, for me its not the AI difficulty that pisses me off. Its the lack of check points and where you have to start over from when you die. Like, when you are killed by a boss, why? WHY???? Must I run through the bullshit just get back to the boss again?? Why?? Why cant you just start at the boss again like most games do??
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5