Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chernobyl 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.64
22 hrs ago
The Green Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.95
1 day ago
Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$41.16
19 hrs ago
The Beatles: Get Back (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Night Gallery: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Yellowstone: The First Four Seasons (Blu-ray)
$74.95
12 hrs ago
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.06
16 hrs ago
The Boys: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Killing Eve: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Charmed: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$139.99

Lucifer: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.99
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 01-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #161

Dec 2007
Tucson, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBonnet View Post
You're evidently reacting to my post as though it was an all-out attack on the writer-director you're obviously very defensive of. You should know better than that. I'm just saying that the analogy in the post I was replying to seems a bit overblown. I don't think that we can say just yet that Gunn is the next Kevin Feige.

That's not saying he's a horrible director - I've enjoyed most of the CBMs he's directed. And he may yet have some pretty solid hits ahead of him for all we know. But I think he obviously needs the right material to reach a larger audience.
It's not a defense of Gunn (who I do generally like but doesn't need me defending him). It's just me having had enough of your sh*t stirring.

You're up and down almost every MCU thread both being positive about the films & shows (great!) and responding to every sh*t stirring DCEU troll with a variation of "why are you hanging about this thread just to bash the film/TV show?" (also a good point). But you then hang around many DC threads doing the EXACT same thing you're decrying. That's not a good look and for some reason it just got on my last nerve today.

If you took your own advice you hand out on the MCU threads you would have posted your "bomb" opinion once and been done with it. And that would be fine. But it seems like you can only take so much of people geeking out about how much they like this show before you have to drop in again with a variation of that comment.

Anyway, I've had my say so back to being a lurker for me...
Old 01-28-2022, 09:59 PM   #162
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009

The mere fact that you'd even use the expression "defense of Gunn" confirms that you took my comment as an attack. Clearly, it isn't.

I have no reason to attack Gunn because I've enjoyed most of his movies.

And for that matter, I've enjoyed quite a few of the DC movies. I absolutely adore both WW movies and BOP. I had fun with Aquaman and Shazam! I'm gonna be there on opening night for The Batman, even if I'm not super enthusiastic about it because we've just had too many Batmans.

Your whole notion that I only like movies from one studio but not the other is absolutely unsubstantiated and lacking any merit.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:43 PM   #163
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2017
Gotham City

So know we are going to find out that Amanda Waller knew along that Mure is a butterfly. It was a good episode but I canít wait to see how Peacemaker and Vigilante find out about it. I doubt someone will tell them they will have to find out themselves.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:51 PM   #164
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2011
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
So know we are going to find out that Amanda Waller knew along that Mure is a butterfly. It was a good episode but I canít wait to see how Peacemaker and Vigilante find out about it. I doubt someone will tell them they will have to find out themselves.
Waller's daughter wont spill the beans?
Old 01-29-2022, 01:07 AM   #165
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Waller's daughter wont spill the beans?
No I don’t believe so. She’s a sneak but she don’t come off as a rat. Besides I’m sure Mure will say something to Amanda and she will talk to her daughter about it. She already knows more then anyone and knows the true plan.

Last edited by Batman90; 01-29-2022 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:04 AM   #166
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016

The opening of Episode 5
Old 01-30-2022, 02:54 AM   #167

Dec 2020

This thread should be at the top of the TV Show sub....PeaceMaker is the best !!

Instead, at the top every moment... is a nonstop back and forth ***** session between jilted Star Wars kids trading personal insults since they cant find even a few good things to say about The Travesty Of Boba Fett. Go PeaceMaker !!!
Thanks given by:
blujacket (01-30-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 05:33 PM   #168
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Dayton,Ohio

Love this show. Cena is awesome in this. My son liked him when he was growing up and had all the wrestler dolls. Just binged all available episodes. Can’t wait for Thursday
Old 01-31-2022, 03:54 AM   #169
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Anyone think this will get a Blu-ray release?
Old 01-31-2022, 04:01 AM   #170
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Quote:
Very good I'd say.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:25 AM   #171
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2011
Ashina Castle

I forgot that the season started. I just watched the first episode and will watch the rest this week.

That was an interesting scene where Peacemaker hooked-up with the lady at the bar.

John Cena has humongous biceps.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:31 AM   #172
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013

Quote:
Raised By Wolves is getting one so this should be get one too easily.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:22 AM   #173
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
It's too over the top and pop culture-laden not to get a release. On the other hand, the rock music clearances alone could be hellishly expensive and prohibitive for a disc release, as it's basically the same as licensing a song for a CD, which is why we have so many shows that have had neutered music or been unavailable on disc or streaming, as each release has to be negotiated and paid for.
Thanks given by:
Batmon77 (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 09:11 PM   #174
Expert Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInHD View Post
It's too over the top and pop culture-laden not to get a release. On the other hand, the rock music clearances alone could be hellishly expensive and prohibitive for a disc release, as it's basically the same as licensing a song for a CD, which is why we have so many shows that have had neutered music or been unavailable on disc or streaming, as each release has to be negotiated and paid for.
Surely the licensing of music only applies to pre DVD when things like direct to consumer sales of a show were not a thing. I would imagine now when licensing a song home sales are captured as well. Does this still happen on modern shows? and sod Blu-ray this would look really good in HDR.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:08 PM   #175

Dec 2007
Tucson, AZ

Quote:
On the other hand, the rock music clearances alone could be hellishly expensive and prohibitive for a disc release...
I'm pretty sure music clearances for home video/streaming releases are "baked in" to modern TV contracts since at least the late-90s. Ever since releasing season sets became a cottage industry with DVDs.

Anything before that though (like WKRP) can be prohibitively expensive...
Old 02-01-2022, 03:22 AM   #176
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe UK View Post
Surely the licensing of music only applies to pre DVD when things like direct to consumer sales of a show were not a thing. I would imagine now when licensing a song home sales are captured as well. Does this still happen on modern shows? and sod Blu-ray this would look really good in HDR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKryten View Post
I'm pretty sure music clearances for home video/streaming releases are "baked in" to modern TV contracts since at least the late-90s. Ever since releasing season sets became a cottage industry with DVDs.

Anything before that though (like WKRP) can be prohibitively expensive...
It depends on the production and clearance team. Warehouse 13 has music replacements on streaming and home video. Scrubs lost the rights to much of itís licensed music so it is streaming with replacements.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:03 AM   #177

Dec 2007
Tucson, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
It depends on the production and clearance team. Warehouse 13 has music replacements on streaming and home video. Scrubs lost the rights to much of itís licensed music so it is streaming with replacements.
Not surprised by Scrubs as 2001 is probably a little earlier than it became common practice. Very surprised by Warehouse 13 though. Sounds like they saved a few bucks up front by not securing the home video clearances. Although I suppose the budget for most basic cable shows would maybe lead to cutting up front costs in that way.

I would be surprised if any HBO show didn't pony up the money for things like that.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:06 AM   #178
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Question

Are the butterflies a thing from the comics?

What do you think the chances are that we'll see the White Dragon in costume, in action? I'd say the chances of flashbacks are pretty good. In modern times, Robert Patrick may be too old to pose a legit threat to Peacemaker and Vigilante. But, someone else may take up the mantle. Vigilante pointed out weaknesses in the armor, and comments like that generally aren't made for nothing.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #179
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Chris' father finding an "adoptive son" to be his real heir - and heir to the mantle of White Dragon - would be something I can see happening in a later season.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:47 PM   #180
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2011
New York City

Quote:
Chris' father finding an "adoptive son" to be his real heir - and heir to the mantle of White Dragon - would be something I can see happening in a later season.
I wonder if that would be an outside character or one of his followers in jail.

They would have to really do some writing cause the character/villain is kinda one-note.
Would he or she be nuanced or just a 2-D Captain America or a Flag-Smasher.
I wouldn't want a comedy schtick version.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows